Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 29, 2016, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts175
I have a X5SW, but I installed the older X5C v6 board in it.
I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that there might be 2 versions of the x8c transmitter. Maybe thats where the issue is. I myself have ordered a x8c transmitter and a x5c quad. both from china thru banggood (best way to insure both are newest versions) That was 2 weeks ago and my order still hasn't shipped yet (they say they are waiting for stock) I will post my results when I get mine. Probably another month because once it ships it will take weeks. I went with free shipping. I'm cheap.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesfull420
I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that there might be 2 versions of the x8c transmitter. Maybe thats where the issue is. I myself have ordered a x8c transmitter and a x5c quad. both from china thru banggood (best way to insure both are newest versions) That was 2 weeks ago and my order still hasn't shipped yet (they say they are waiting for stock) I will post my results when I get mine. Probably another month because once it ships it will take weeks. I went with free shipping. I'm cheap.
Yeah. Superlark was saying on the other thread that I must have received old stock. Just my luck. Lol
Jan 29, 2016, 10:11 PM
Thread OP
yup, there are two versions available. I believe someome posted some pics of the FCs for each version a little while ago.
Jan 29, 2016, 11:03 PM
PALE OTAK KAU!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesfull420
There is no 'other' version of the X8C transmitter, all of them have the same dual antenna setup and therefore the same range as well as the same blue LED light on the transmitter. The only thing that was changed was the colour. There could be other problems the transmitter might have.

Added info:Pictures of the internals of the older version(white/orange) and the recent one(white/red). If you look closely, they both have 'SM-216-BKT V5' and 'LO62425' printed on them which leads me to believe Matt's transmitter won't bind because of a defect and not due to a change in hardware/firmware.
Last edited by KCreep; Jan 30, 2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Clarification
Jan 29, 2016, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCreep
There is no 'other' version of the X8C transmitter, all of them have the same dual antenna setup and therefore the same range as well as the same blue LED light on the transmitter. The only thing that was changed was the colour. There could be other problems the transmitter might have.
Hmm.. IDK. It was brand new and I put fresh batteries in it. I'm not the only one that has experienced this.

See:

Attempting to bind the Syma X5C to the X8C transmitter. (1 min 9 sec)

and also:

Syma X8C and X5C1 Transmitter compatibility test (2 min 45 sec)
Jan 30, 2016, 12:37 AM
PALE OTAK KAU!!
Quote:
Hmm.. IDK. It was brand new and I put fresh batteries in it. I'm not the only one that has experienced this.

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXercloHrvc

and also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8qIjs7WoWk
Okay, might not be a defect on either the quad or transmitter. Seems that others need to chime in about this as I don't have an X5C but I do know that V3 and V6 boards should bind to the X8C radio.
Jan 30, 2016, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCreep
Okay, might not be a defect on either the quad or transmitter. Seems that others need to chime in about this as I don't have an X5C but I do know that V3 and V6 boards should bind to the X8C radio.
While many say that only V3 and V6 will work, both of my V5 boards bind perfectly with a recently purchased X8C radio.
Jan 30, 2016, 01:01 AM
I'm betting that there are like in between versions of boards with ever so slight firmware changes that they didn't bother re-naming. Like version 5.5.2 for example... but they still just called it a V5. This has to be why some stuff works on some, but not others.
Jan 30, 2016, 07:31 PM
Quote:
I'm betting that there are like in between versions of boards with ever so slight firmware changes that they didn't bother re-naming. Like version 5.5.2 for example... but they still just called it a V5. This has to be why some stuff works on some, but not others.
Perhaps, but I bought my V5s months apart, and from different vendors. One from a random Amazon seller, the other a BNF from Banggood.
Jan 30, 2016, 11:05 PM
Flew mine today, Syma x8c tx worked fine with my particular v6 board.

The spektrum va1100 cam working out good. Enjoying 10m flight times using the Nano-tech 750 batteries and powering camera with separate eflite battery.
Jan 31, 2016, 10:46 AM
FA39WNXCP3
I just ordered one. Gotta wait for the slow boat. Glad there is a BNF model too. If the first one works well, may get a fleet
Jan 31, 2016, 11:03 AM
Quick question: started getting a rattle from one of the motors. Is it the motor or possibly something else loose? Should I just order some replacement motors now before it possibly crap out?

Also, has anyone used the glow in the dark blades from bg? They look nice for night flying. Having trouble seeing the dark thing when it flies towards me, as the lights are facing away from me...
Feb 01, 2016, 03:47 PM
I just bought my 3rd x5c-1 and none of them will flip 360. I press the top right button on tx, it beeps, hit right stick but no flip. Do you have to hold top right button in ?????????
Eddy C
Feb 01, 2016, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaedy
I just bought my 3rd x5c-1 and none of them will flip 360. I press the top right button on tx, it beeps, hit right stick but no flip. Do you have to hold top right button in ?????????
Eddy C
Not on mine.
Feb 01, 2016, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaedy
Eddy C
You have to do it very quickly. It cancels out like after a second.

Quick Reply