Apr 14, 2015, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimmaster
Just notice Hobbyking have added a new firmware to the folder tab for the turnigy i10 not had chance to use it yet. Anybody checked it out yet?
You're right. I'll try it tonight. Couldn't find any release notes... anyone got an idea what has changed?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2015, 10:19 AM
I hope SWA issue is corrected.
Here is the file from HK with 1.07 FW
Last edited by robertus; Apr 14, 2015 at 10:25 AM.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:04 AM
Updates succesfully but lost all my models. Unfortunately there's no warning that you'll lose all model settings. Will post more details later.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertus
My info about my Flysky FS-i10
version 1.05-US
Hardware 2.0
04-11-2014

How can I uprade the firmware?
PM me your email and will send to you. The program is an EXE file and most email systems block. I send via Dropbox so it comes off my system.

Jim
Apr 14, 2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_NL
Updates succesfully but lost all my models. Unfortunately there's no warning that you'll lose all model settings. Will post more details later.
I have posted here to "BACK UP" your models to an SD card before updating.
Apr 14, 2015, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimmaster
Just notice Hobbyking have added a new firmware to the folder tab for the turnigy i10 not had chance to use it yet. Anybody checked it out yet?
pilgrimmaster, thanks for letting us know. I think the 3 way flaps is one of the fixes.
This is TGY i10 FW Version 1.0.7.0 Now when is the Flysky i10 1.0.7.0 comming out.

Derek
Apr 15, 2015, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
You guys are great..thx Ben for the info. Hopefully our more code savvy guys can get some extra functionality out of this radio.
No need to wait on that. I've gone and done it myself. :-)

From my testing so far, I was correct in my assessment on how the telemetry protocol works. I managed to spoof the voltage sensor so that I can have it show arbitrary values. Tomorrow or over the weekend I intend to have some fun exploring the other available sensor types.

Photos attached.

Not ready to publish code yet, but when I do it'll be available on my github - http://github.com/benjamincburns

For anyone who'd like to start messing around with this, the biggest thing I learned is that this is a half duplex serial protocol. On the iA6b RX, the sensor pins are, from left to right, GND, +5V, RX/TX. To connect this to a normal uart port, you'll need to connect the ground line to your board's ground, the RX/TX line to your board's RX, and your board's TX to the RX/TX line through a 4.7K resistor.

Can't wait to do some more exploration tomorrow!
Apr 15, 2015, 07:43 AM
Oh, and make sure you don't connect the +5V line to your board if you're not intending to power the board from your UBEC. This is why you see the red wire dangling by the Teensy 2.0 in my photos.

Power supplies don't like it when you connect their outputs together (even when they're meant to be operating at the same voltage).
Apr 15, 2015, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek4610
pilgrimmaster, thanks for letting us know. I think the 3 way flaps is one of the fixes.
This is TGY i10 FW Version 1.0.7.0 Now when is the Flysky i10 1.0.7.0 comming out.

Derek
The last FlySky update already had the 3 position flap. HK is trying to catch up.

FYI any mods you do on the equipment voids the 1 year warranty.

Jim
Apr 15, 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby
The last FlySky update already had the 3 position flap. HK is trying to catch up.

FYI any mods you do on the equipment voids the 1 year warranty.

Jim
Assuming your warranty comment is in response to my posts, you should know that people following what I am doing are not modifying any hardware. The transmitter is untouched (no custom firmware, either). The receiver has been connected to an Arduino-like device, but it is also unmodified.

Edit: But to your point, I sure hope nobody is dishonest enough to mess around with their RX like I am, do something dumb that lets the magic smoke out, then send it to you for a return!
Last edited by benjamincburns; Apr 15, 2015 at 03:46 PM.
Apr 15, 2015, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamincburns
No need to wait on that. I've gone and done it myself. :-)

From my testing so far, I was correct in my assessment on how the telemetry protocol works. I managed to spoof the voltage sensor so that I can have it show arbitrary values. Tomorrow or over the weekend I intend to have some fun exploring the other available sensor types.

Photos attached.

Not ready to publish code yet, but when I do it'll be available on my github - http://github.com/benjamincburns

For anyone who'd like to start messing around with this, the biggest thing I learned is that this is a half duplex serial protocol. On the iA6b RX, the sensor pins are, from left to right, GND, +5V, RX/TX. To connect this to a normal uart port, you'll need to connect the ground line to your board's ground, the RX/TX line to your board's RX, and your board's TX to the RX/TX line through a 4.7K resistor.

Can't wait to do some more exploration tomorrow!
Is there a way to possibly send this Uart data to an on screen display module for FPV?
Apr 15, 2015, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Is there a way to possibly send this Uart data to an on screen display module for FPV?
Sure is. It will require you to either add support for iBus telemetry modules to the OSD, or to add an Arduino or similar device between the iBus sensors and the OSD, which translates the iBus data to the protocol your OSD wants.

I'm happy to write the iBus library with support for emulation of the sensor or the receiver, but I probably won't do any work beyond that to integrate it w/ specific OSDs as that's tangential to my goals (presently trying to get data from my autopilot down to my TX). However if somebody wants to do that work I'd be happy to answer any questions I can. Or of course if enough people are interested in a ready-made product for converting between these sorts of protocols, I'd likely be able to put something together easily enough.
Apr 16, 2015, 12:31 AM
I comfirm the TGY-iA10 receiver does PPM on chan 1 if the firmware update is installed.

I also confirm SWA and SWF 3-way switches working correctly now.

The super-annoying "switch off receiver first" is still here. Obviously Flysky thinks users are complete idiots.

When updateing the transmitter you will loose all your models. Back up first. You also have to re-bind all your receivers. During bind the transmitter will ask you to update the 10chan receiver firmware and some of the 6-chan receivers too. Update is trouble-free.
Last edited by Cesco; Apr 16, 2015 at 12:51 AM.
Apr 16, 2015, 02:37 AM
That is how i sniff serial data.

Device is a $10 board from china. This stuff works spectacularly well. This does the same:
http://www.banggood.com/USB-24M-8CH-...0-p-74101.html

I can store some seconds of serial data and look at / have them decoded offline. Works with async, i2c, etc etc.
Apr 16, 2015, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
You are right. I have the TGY transmitter / receivers.

Someone helps to decode the telemetry stuff?
Hooking in to the line between receiver and telemetry modules i did find it's 115200 baud serial comm.

Init:

04 81 7A FF -- 04 81 7A FF
04 91 6A FF -- 06 91 00 02 66 FF
04 82 79 FF -- 04 82 79 FF
04 92 69 FF -- 06 92 01 02 64 FF
04 83 78 FF -- 04 83 78 FF
04 93 68 FF -- 06 93 02 02 62 FF
04 84 77 FF

8x seems to be ask-response, 3 times for the 3 sensors connected, 4th time remains unanswered.
9x seems to ask sensor type. volt = 00 / temp = 01 / rpm = 02

Sensor polling after init is done :

04 A1 5A FF -- 06 A1 00 00 58 FF
04 A2 59 FF -- 06 A2 5C 02 F9 FE
04 A3 58 FF -- 06 A3 00 00 56 FF

-----------------------------------------------
Single sensor data:
Voltage sensor:
06 A1 00 00 58 FF -- 0 Volt
06 A1 EA 01 6D FE -- 4.90 Volt
06 A1 51 03 04 FF -- 8.49 Volt

Temperature sensor
06 A1 67 02 EF FE -- 21.5 Grad
06 A1 66 02 F0 FE -- 21.4 Grad
06 A1 65 02 F1 FE -- 21.3 Grad

-----------------------------------------------

Basically i could try to inject sensor type 03 and see if the radio reports gps ...
I can confirm now that you are correct about the 3rd byte of the sensor type response representing sensor type. I have still not figured out the meaning of the 4th byte. If I set it to anything other than 2, I briefly see the sensor appear in the telemetry read-out on the transmitter, and then it disappears. I initially thought this was value byte length, but this behaviour happens regardless of whether I send 2 bytes, or the number of bytes I specified.

Sensor types I've seen so far:

0x00: Internal Voltage
0x01: Temperature
0x02: Motor RPM
0x03: External Voltage
0x04-0x0F: No type, displays sensor type as a number and sensor value as whatever number you send in the sensor value response. I imagine these will be filled in later by TX firmware releases.

As an example, the attached image shows what happens when I respond with sensor type 0x4 to the 0x91 sensor enumeration message.

It's a bit sad, I was hoping I'd find a part of the protocol that would let me send text data back for the RX to display, so that I could have something like "Mode: MANUAL" show while using APM. On the bright side I can still do this, I just have to remember something like sensor 3 is mode, and value 0 is MANUAL.

Quick Reply