Turnigy TGY-i10 and Flysky FS-i10 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 24, 2014, 02:18 PM
Registered User
ChuckyLarms's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
The radio feels really light compared to most radios I have held including the 9X. I think the thin form factor as well as the 3.7 Lion battery helps. Its great for people who fly with thumbs.
Thanks Ridge for the feedback, I am trying to decide between this or waiting for the Horus. I have all frsky rx's today.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2014, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby
The FS-i10 comes with the sensors and the i-bus.
The Turnigy TGY-i10 also comes with 4 sensors and i-Bus. Sensors included are: temperature, voltage, optical RPM and magnetic RPM.

My question was (you can probably answer this Jim, as it will be the Fly Sky sensors) if variometer and speed (GPS) sensors will be added in the future. They're not available at the moment and are much more interesting to me than, say, the RPM sensors.
Dec 24, 2014, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Does this new radio have some kind of model match like spectrum and the taranis?
Dec 25, 2014, 02:36 AM
Registered User
jutout's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_NL
The Turnigy TGY-i10 also comes with 4 sensors and i-Bus. Sensors included are: temperature, voltage, optical RPM and magnetic RPM.

My question was (you can probably answer this Jim, as it will be the Fly Sky sensors) if variometer and speed (GPS) sensors will be added in the future. They're not available at the moment and are much more interesting to me than, say, the RPM sensors.
According to Serena of FlySky, GPS modules/sensors are in the works for the near future.

Jim may have more info on it but she confirmed that with me when I asked her directly.
Dec 25, 2014, 03:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyLarms
Thanks Ridge for the feedback, I am trying to decide between this or waiting for the Horus. I have all frsky rx's today.
Horus will be triple as price and is one year from now, if ever done.
Also there are great chances to be proprietary software, no more OpenTx, have you seen a great piece of UI so far from them ?
Dec 25, 2014, 11:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutout
According to Serena of FlySky, GPS modules/sensors are in the works for the near future.

Jim may have more info on it but she confirmed that with me when I asked her directly.
Cool! Looking forward to GPS sensor.

I have no idea why I would use the RPM sensors...
Dec 25, 2014, 02:24 PM
Registered User
MikeC's Avatar
Where are the 3 position switches located on the Turnigy?

Thanks,

Mike
Dec 25, 2014, 08:16 PM
Mac Carter
Mac Carter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
Where are the 3 position switches located on the Turnigy?

Thanks,

Mike
If you look at the close up pic on page 1, they are the switches closest to the outside on the front left and the front right. You can see the 3 orange marks beside each switch.

Mac
Dec 25, 2014, 09:01 PM
Registered User
MikeC's Avatar
Thanks should have looked more closely.

Anyone flying full house gliders with one?

Thanks,

Mike
Dec 25, 2014, 10:41 PM
Mac Carter
Mac Carter's Avatar
Also for the people who may not know. There is a Stylus on the back to use with the touchscreen if needed and a SD card slot under the battery for backing up your model information and swapping models in and out. I would assume that you would "almost" have a unlimited amount of model slots available depending on the card size.

Mac
Dec 25, 2014, 10:52 PM
Mac Carter
Mac Carter's Avatar
Pic of the external USB charger and a Turnigy and Flysky branded battery.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:16 PM
Mac Carter
Mac Carter's Avatar
Other items in the box, and a actual manual.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:27 AM
Registered User
Mac, any idea what size SD card would be recommended for backing up my config?

The stylus is kinda crappy (looks a bit sharp too) and the screen responds fine to the touch of my fingers.

Any idea about battery life? Hobby King sells replacement batteries. I don't assume I need an extra one for a day at the field?

Was planning to test it out this weekend, but the weather is pretty crappy. Wet snow, lots of wind and way too cold!
Dec 27, 2014, 12:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_NL
Mac, any idea what size SD card would be recommended for backing up my config?

The stylus is kinda crappy (looks a bit sharp too) and the screen responds fine to the touch of my fingers.

Any idea about battery life? Hobby King sells replacement batteries. I don't assume I need an extra one for a day at the field?

Was planning to test it out this weekend, but the weather is pretty crappy. Wet snow, lots of wind and way too cold!
I also noticed the stylus is sharp and hard plastic, no need for it, my cellphone finger works just fine. FYI, the FlySky i10 also has a do not use stylus also.
Derek
Dec 27, 2014, 11:08 PM
Registered User
Mikey 68's Avatar
I would like to buy one but what to see how well it works like range


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TURNIGY TGY i10 AND FLYSKY FS i10 TARIQ40 Radios 6 Jul 16, 2017 02:48 AM