Turnigy TGY-i10 and Flysky FS-i10 - Page 244 - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2017, 11:57 AM
If in doubt give it a clout
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches11
Switches can get used up pretty fast if you start adding things like led's that you want switched and turning cameras on and off, timers etc...
As far as sbus I don't know I don't know anything about it, wish I did I like learning new stuff.
I have no doubt about that, 2 switches to control flight modes on one chanel 4 channel for AETR, 2 channels to control gimbal pitch and yaw so they are on rotaries, 1 channel for retracts 1 channel for camera trigger maybe one for zoom on the camera that makes all 10 channels so that's 4 switches and 3 rotaries used plus the gimbals. But if using pixhawk channel 6 seems to be fixed for in flight tuning so that would be one less control.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 02:01 PM
No Guts, No Glory

XMTR power shuts down after few minutes

Hello

Got this XMTR from a fellow pilot for repair.
XMTR shuts down after a few minutes, in beginning in flight after 4-5 minutes.
Reading of LIPO voltage was 3.95V with a good full charged LIPO????should be around 4.10-4.15Volts!
I tested it at home measuring amp draw, its around 80-90 mA, so no short there.

After fiddling with LIPO I noticed some change in startup, ore better no startup of XMTR.
So I opened case and re solder spring contacts at circuit board which make contact with LIPO.
After this I closed case and tested with LIPO.
Now voltage reading was 4,11 volts and XMTR keeps working now, problem solved

My fellow pilot is very happy now

grts Hans

I didn't make pictures sorry for that.
Nov 09, 2017, 04:54 PM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybeetle
Hello

Got this XMTR from a fellow pilot for repair.
XMTR shuts down after a few minutes, in beginning in flight after 4-5 minutes.
Reading of LIPO voltage was 3.95V with a good full charged LIPO????should be around 4.10-4.15Volts!
I tested it at home measuring amp draw, its around 80-90 mA, so no short there.

After fiddling with LIPO I noticed some change in startup, ore better no startup of XMTR.
So I opened case and re solder spring contacts at circuit board which make contact with LIPO.
After this I closed case and tested with LIPO.
Now voltage reading was 4,11 volts and XMTR keeps working now, problem solved

My fellow pilot is very happy now

grts Hans

I didn't make pictures sorry for that.
A fairly common problem, Quite a few of us have "Been there, Done that"...
Nov 10, 2017, 12:14 PM
With all the transmitters out there high end radios how do you feel the i10 stacks up
I have one and used it on most of my less expensive planes but now I am buying The beast 60E and spending around $1200.00 not feeling comfortable using the i10 in it am I crazy or should I be looking for a different transmitter.
Thanks for your opinion
Nov 10, 2017, 01:29 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalstar05
With all the transmitters out there high end radios how do you feel the i10 stacks up
I have one and used it on most of my less expensive planes but now I am buying The beast 60E and spending around $1200.00 not feeling comfortable using the i10 in it am I crazy or should I be looking for a different transmitter.
Thanks for your opinion
The radio is fine. I send my planes out over the river all the time and I'd be more worried about servos failing than the Tx or Rx. I've had mine for two years now without any issues. 😊
Nov 11, 2017, 11:37 AM
I trust my i10 as much as I have trusted any radio over the years. I have this in my Blade 550x helicopter, so there is a chunk of change flying around. I have this in my $10.00 foam planes on up to 3 helicopters. I have speced out a 3.2 meter sailplane. It was this tiny tiny dot up there. Never had a doubt about the radio, I did have lots of doubt about the guy holding the radio though

Buzz.
Nov 12, 2017, 07:18 AM
Just a quick one that may be something simple.
I upgraded my TGY i10 to firmware v1.0.8 last year and have been using it fine but I have noticed one quirk with the models list. If you load a model from the SD card it will corrupt the next one down in the list - normally by messing with the type so it's unrecognised and you have to reset it from scratch (or load a backup from the SD card, and corrupt the next one in the list).
I've reflashed the firmware a few times now to make sure it wasn't that but it still does it. Wasn't a problem on v1.0.7 at all, only after the upgrade to v1.0.8 and after manually re-entering the models due to the file incompatibility.

Like I say it's not a big problem, but as I start to head towards the 20 model limit it could be awkward further down the line.

Has anyone else found this problem at all?
Nov 12, 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion
Just make sure you use an RX that has diversity antennas with diapoles like the IA6B
Nov 14, 2017, 08:53 AM
how do you set up flaps and crow braking using a turnigy I10 transmitter on a biplane
Last edited by royalstar05; Nov 14, 2017 at 10:29 AM.
Nov 17, 2017, 05:27 PM
Im selling my Qx7 and going back the i10. I love the i10 so much easier to set up my planes with it. The Taranis is cool but you got to use your brain more . I also like the sliders that I always used for the flaps
Nov 18, 2017, 02:19 AM
Does anyone knows if the i10 spring tension is comparable to the one on the Taranis or Turnigy 9X? Im looking to replace my i6 with the i8 but almost no information on it, i need stiffer sticks i6 are way too soft i just liked it because is so small
Nov 18, 2017, 06:54 AM
Heli addicted.
you will get used to the tension.
Nov 19, 2017, 08:32 AM
has anyone set up the beast biplane using the I10 you need to have 4 aileron servos
I need help
Thanks
Nov 19, 2017, 10:29 AM
You can simply use Y servo cable.
Nov 19, 2017, 06:22 PM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Quote:
how do you set up flaps and crow braking using a turnigy I10 transmitter on a biplane
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3309