Turnigy TGY-i10 and Flysky FS-i10 - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 24, 2014, 03:53 AM
Registered User
I posted this in the other thread. That one is closed now, so we'll continue to post our experiences here!

Got my TGY-i10 today. I kinda like the smart phone style touch interface. Works pretty intuitive. Gimbals feel surprisingly nice. No rattle on the throttle; that'll take some getting used to.

It's nice to see the RX battery status, even without an additional sensor. I paired a TGY-iA6 and that works just fine. Model naming works easy and looks nice.

System sounds sound pretty toyish. Can't adjust the volume, only turn them on or off. Display looks okay, no idea what the large screen will do to the battery life of how visible it will be in bright sunlight.

Overall look and feel is okay. Quite light weighted, rubberized sides feel nice (looks slightly better on pictures of the Fly Sky).

Hope to really test it out this weekend...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2014, 04:20 AM
Registered User
Just had a chat with HK support.

On my question about a FW update:
"We have just released the radio, so far there are no updates available. Once they are, we will post everything required in the files tab"

I also asked:
"Second question is about the sensors. I would like to know if additional sensors will be added, like vario, speed, gps..."

Answer:
"Yes, sensors are coming soon, no ETA as of now due to NY and Chinese new year coming too, but all of that is in the works"
Dec 24, 2014, 08:57 AM
Registered User
Fedor48's Avatar
For whom is interested in yet another example of Hobbyking's great service... ahum:

"Start Time: 12/24/2014 21:32:35
End Time: 12/24/2014 21:43:36
Operators: Renier
Department: Customer Service (Worldwide except China)

Transcripts:
Operator Renier has joined the chat.
[21:32:35] Renier: Thank you for contacting HobbyKing. This is Renier. How can I help you today?
[21:32:48] fedor: Hello Renier
[21:33:12] Renier: Hi, Fedor. How may I help you?
[21:33:17] fedor: I am in the process of ordering the new Turn TGY-i10
[21:33:36] fedor: and I received an one time offer on it
[21:33:46] fedor: $157,-
[21:33:52] fedor: so I accepted that
[21:34:04] fedor: and I added a few more items
[21:34:28] fedor: and then all of a sudden the one time offer disappeared again
[21:35:35] fedor: I would like to have the $12 discount back please
[21:36:44] Renier: I see. I would like to inform you that one time offer is random to some items however, as much I would like to give you the difference, we don't have any access to give discounts.
[21:37:20] fedor: I know but i didn't leave the site
[21:37:45] fedor: it just disappeared AFTER adding more products to my cart
[21:39:43] fedor: I know you can give a discount code, it has been done before
[21:42:08] Renier: I'm sorry however, we don't have any access for giving discounts, Fedor.
[21:42:29] fedor: ok in that case I will cancel my order
[21:42:37] fedor: its a matter of principle
[21:42:40] fedor: bye
The visitor has left the chat.
The chat is ended. "

They just keep pissing me off with things like this, they don't give a crap. Thank god there are more sellers with much better service.
Dec 24, 2014, 09:04 AM
Registered User
With 400 orders per hour, you as a seller would give a damn ?
Dec 24, 2014, 10:23 AM
I have no friends
I don't get the one time offer. I go to their site and it shows as $157.04 without the one time offer.

If you are ordering from Hobby King register for an account to get the discounted prices.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:27 AM
The FS-i10 comes with the sensors and the i-bus.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_NL
Just had a chat with HK support.

On my question about a FW update:
"We have just released the radio, so far there are no updates available. Once they are, we will post everything required in the files tab"

I also asked:
"Second question is about the sensors. I would like to know if additional sensors will be added, like vario, speed, gps..."

Answer:
"Yes, sensors are coming soon, no ETA as of now due to NY and Chinese new year coming too, but all of that is in the works"
Dec 24, 2014, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Fedor48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100
I don't get the one time offer. I go to their site and it shows as $157.04 without the one time offer.

If you are ordering from Hobby King register for an account to get the discounted prices.
I've done 50+ orders with them, so I guess I'm registered
Dec 24, 2014, 10:42 AM
Registered User
Maybe you wasn't logged when placing orders.
One time offer are for unlogged users, as far as I know.
Once logged, at least if you are platinum. should be with 50 orders, you should get the one time offer price. For me is 157 logged and before logging was 169, just checked during typing.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby
The FS-i10 comes with the sensors and the i-bus.
Where can I download the lastest firmware for the FS-i10? Also the i-bus seems to only function for telemetry purposes. Will they actually sell rxs that can connect to a 3 axis gyro on a heli with a single rx lead like some of the other brands?
Dec 24, 2014, 11:10 AM
Registered User
ChuckyLarms's Avatar
I was curious about the firmware as well. Also, how does the size of the TGY feel in your hands? Nice or a little big? There no where near me that carries either.

Thanks!
Dec 24, 2014, 11:24 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyLarms
I was curious about the firmware as well. Also, how does the size of the TGY feel in your hands? Nice or a little big? There no where near me that carries either.

Thanks!
The radio feels really light compared to most radios I have held including the 9X. I think the thin form factor as well as the 3.7 Lion battery helps. Its great for people who fly with thumbs.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:29 PM
Registered User
Fedor48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Maybe you wasn't logged when placing orders.
One time offer are for unlogged users, as far as I know.
Once logged, at least if you are platinum. should be with 50 orders, you should get the one time offer price. For me is 157 logged and before logging was 169, just checked during typing.
I know how it works Renatoa, and its not a big deal. It's just typical how HK works and thats why I have put this down. Its a fault in their software (it looses the 1 time offer when you add to many other items to your cart), and when you mention that in a live chat, they can easily give you a discount coupon and all is okay again. Banggood service is 100 times better. HK has completely forgotten that they have become big through us customers, so I'll keep on posting these things when I don't feel appreciated as a customer.
If everyone does that, things might change in future, but is most of us keep on following the big mighty HK as a bunch of dumb sheep, nothing will change. So for now a tip for every1 that doesn't know, check if Banggood has the item you need and compare the price INCLUDING shipping. Often you'll be cheaper off and definitely the service will be better!
Dec 24, 2014, 12:41 PM
Registered User
Sure, me too say them goodbye this year, no more buying than lipo, from EU warehouse, everything else I have other better shops.
Their green multistar offering for multicopters is lame, only junk stuff, but people seems blind...
Dec 24, 2014, 01:39 PM
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Keenan smith's Avatar
Subbed !
Dec 24, 2014, 01:41 PM
Aka "DiveBomb"
Hi guys, I can't quit make out the pots on the sides of the Flysky... Can someone help,elaborate how those work? The Turnigy looks very similar to the Tyranis style.

Thanks!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TURNIGY TGY i10 AND FLYSKY FS i10 TARIQ40 Radios 6 Jul 16, 2017 02:48 AM