Turnigy TGY-i10 and Flysky FS-i10 - Page 101 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2016, 10:21 PM
Can some one help me set up the radio as a trainer. Can I use a 9TX or only a i10?
My buddy has an i10 also we tried hooking up with trainer cable but when holding the switch down the radio will control my servos but does not move correctly, servos seemed to be reversed. release switch servos move correctly.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2016, 11:19 PM
Jaketheone46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerjacker
I purchased my FS-i10 from Jim (Diamond Hobbies) because of his reputation here. He went above and beyond the expected to help a Brotha out.
Ah ha swaggerjacker, seeing the profile pic ive been thinking, a girl into rc?? With a taranis? I dont own one but was thinking you possibly could be a female thats really into rc? Pretty cool, then your post here cleared it all up for me...lol
as for your i10 purchase i really like mine but it will be a while before I get to actually use it to fly being here in KY its cold. But I have played around with it quiet a bit and really like it a lot..
Jan 01, 2016, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketheone46
Ah ha swaggerjacker, seeing the profile pic ive been thinking, a girl into rc?? With a taranis? I dont own one but was thinking you possibly could be a female thats really into rc? Pretty cool, then your post here cleared it all up for me...lol
as for your i10 purchase i really like mine but it will be a while before I get to actually use it to fly being here in KY its cold. But I have played around with it quiet a bit and really like it a lot..
Too Funny! I guess I'd better change that avatar! She's my lovely wife.
Jan 02, 2016, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbfan41649
Can some one help me set up the radio as a trainer. Can I use a 9TX or only a i10?
My buddy has an i10 also we tried hooking up with trainer cable but when holding the switch down the radio will control my servos but does not move correctly, servos seemed to be reversed. release switch servos move correctly.
This is normal as the trainer function can not second guess the configuration of the students radio.

You need to set up a new model on the students radio consistent with the configuration on the trainers radio but with the correct servo reversal.

Cheers
Jan 02, 2016, 06:00 AM
If it flies - I want one!

Trainer setup

The trainer menu is quite extensive on the i10, you can hand over any or all functions or channels (not the same thing in the menu). We found it best to take a clean model memory with default programming (call it Student or Trainer) and hand over only basic functions. No reversing was needed when we got it right.
Have a play with the various options till it becomes clear.
Sorry, no knowledge here of how different transmitters might work.
Having said that, the quality of the trainer socket eventually drove us bananas and we gave up: the plugs would slide out a little and all communication ceased - sometimes just no student control, sometimes a very exciting power dive!
Krafty One came up with a neat rewiring job to replace the guilty sockets, but my fine soldering skills are not up to that.
Great radio for programming and flying though - just no good to us for training, so mine is going on the market soon.
Cheers,
PeteM
Jan 02, 2016, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petem
The trainer menu is quite extensive on the i10, you can hand over any or all functions or channels (not the same thing in the menu). We found it best to take a clean model memory with default programming (call it Student or Trainer) and hand over only basic functions. No reversing was needed when we got it right.
Having said that, the quality of the trainer socket eventually drove us bananas and we gave up: the plugs would slide out a little and all communication ceased - sometimes just no student control, sometimes a very exciting power dive!
Krafty One came up with a neat rewiring job to replace the guilty sockets, but my fine soldering skills are not up to that.
Great radio for programming and flying though - just no good to us for training, so mine is going on the market soon.
Cheers,
PeteM
Shame they did not make them link up Bluetooth .
Everything seem's to do that now of days .
Mabey next model they come out with.
Jan 02, 2016, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petem
Cheers,
PeteM
If you are using Trainer and Student i-10s

A clean model for the student does not have dual rates throttle / pitch curves etc.

You need to copy over the Model config so both are consistent with settings and then un -reverse any reversed server settings in the student radio. As it does a reversal of the reversal otherwise.

What you describe might be OK for fixed wings but not for CP Heli and Multirotors.
Jan 02, 2016, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr981s
If you are using Trainer and Student i-10s

A clean model for the student does not have dual rates throttle / pitch curves etc.

You need to copy over the Model config so both are consistent with settings and then un -reverse any reversed server settings in the student radio. As it does a reversal of the reversal otherwise.

What you describe might be OK for fixed wings but not for CP Heli and Multirotors.
Thanks just using for planes.
Have you or anyone used the i10 with other radios?
Last edited by gbfan41649; Jan 02, 2016 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added
Jan 02, 2016, 06:31 PM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Quote:
Thanks just using for planes.
Have you or anyone used the i10 with other radios?
My i10 works fine with Futaba, and the 9X series with channel order set to AETR.
Jan 02, 2016, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftyOne
My i10 works fine with Futaba, and the 9X series with channel order set to AETR.
I don't know what you mean with channel order set to AETR.
Can you explain please?
Jan 02, 2016, 10:26 PM
Quote:
I don't know what you mean with channel order set to AETR.
Can you explain please?
Do you mean
A -aileron
E - Elevator
T- Throttle
R - Rudder
Jan 02, 2016, 10:31 PM
Thats what he means. Thats Futabas standard order.
Jan 03, 2016, 02:01 AM

i10 with other brands?

How did you get the I10 and Futaba radios connected? They have different trainer plugs.

I'd love to try this but don't know what wires go to the appropriate pin in each plug.
Jan 03, 2016, 04:53 AM
Well, I received the FS-i10 today from Diamond Hobby, along with servos, an extra battery and charger. I didn't receive the sun shade with the radio. I believe a couple people said they received one with the radio. I'll ask Jim about that later. I have to upgrade the firmware (Jim was out of the office when it was shipped), but he told me ahead of time that i may have to flash it.

I played around with it for a bit. Here are my early thoughts:

1. I like the looks of the radio. The form factor is much different from others that I've owned. May take some time to get used to it.

2. I definitely do not like where the elevator and throttle trims are located. I was concerned prior to purchase. That will also take some getting used to.

3. I like the GUI. Setting up a plane will be easy. I installed the RX in my Arcus Bipe. Painless setup.

4. The screen is smaller in real life. Looks bigger in videos.

5. I'd like more options for sound other than on/off.

6. Very light and easy to hold. I really like the rubber grips and foot.

7. I wear reading glasses. I didn't take that into account before I purchased the radio (stupid of me). I can still see the screen, but still a little worried.

8. Sticks feel very smooth. Softer than I'm used to (I haven't opened the radio to adjust the springs, but I've read that it doesn't make much of a difference).

9. My index finger hits switch SwG when trying to operate SwF.

10. All or most of my niggles may go away once I actually start using the radio. It's a process, so I'm in no rush.
Jan 03, 2016, 05:36 AM
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougT
How did you get the I10 and Futaba radios connected? They have different trainer plugs.

I'd love to try this but don't know what wires go to the appropriate pin in each plug.
Being an old R/C techie, I make my own trainer leads. (still owning an oscilloscope and other test equipment helps).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1103
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1134
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1138

A quick "google" will find the various pinouts. I'm away from home ATM, so don't have access to my data, but will be able to help you with diagrams when I return next week.