This thread is privately moderated by CKD315, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 22, 2014, 08:30 PM
Really, I meant to do that...
Thread OP
Discussion

Aquila

I started flying again after a two year break and wanted to post this (hopeful) Aquila restoration. My youngest brother built this back in the 70's and it was acquired by my middle brother after remaining untouched for over thirty years.

He sacrificed the fuselage when he made a mold from it but the wings and tail were left untouched. He did recover the wings and I have since managed to get my hands on two fuselages, one wood and a duralene fuse that both need work. The wood fuse is pretty much a beater, but made for a good e/p conversion and the plastic fuse will be kept intact as a soarer.

I cut the nose off the wood fuse and hollowed out a space to fit an eflite Power 10 and still had wood for a motor mount. I used a 35 ESC and a small 3s 1300mah lipo that fits well and can be moved around for balancing. I only expect a few climbs on it before I have to change batteries, but I want to try and keep things light..
Last edited by CKD315; Feb 04, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply