Graupner's Rubin 1170 mm Yacht - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 28, 2014, 10:38 PM
Well that futaba servo sounds good. I have been using a Hitech 7980 servo in the I 54, which I know is a bigger boat and more sail area. Overkill is good in my humble opinion.
Cool boat, hope you can find one boomer. Ryan
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2014, 04:50 AM

New One Ton Class

Boomer, If You cannot Find Another Rubin.......Why Not Start A Scale One Ton Class Based On Boats Of That Era?DD
Dec 29, 2014, 01:53 PM
Boomer1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derusha
Boomer, If You cannot Find Another Rubin.......Why Not Start A Scale One Ton Class Based On Boats Of That Era?DD
Dean
The issue is not finding the boat. The one I have found is new but missing the mast.
Thus the dialogs. I think I can come up with a replacement with the information that has come forward. I will be looking into that after the holiday.

I 'd love to explore your idea. I know the boats you build are beautiful. Do you still have my phone number?

I can send you a PM if not.
Boomer
Jan 06, 2015, 03:45 PM
I still have two kits for sale- less masts, but with ballasts. pm for details...

thanks, sandy
Jan 06, 2015, 03:48 PM

Hi Sandy

Sandy,I.will Buy One...Dean D
Jan 11, 2015, 10:44 PM
Boomer, I finally got the contact info...I'll be asking him if I can give you his info directly so you two can converse....
Jan 12, 2015, 03:30 PM
Boomer1
Thank you!
Jan 17, 2015, 10:03 AM

payment sent today......

This WilL Be The First.Of A New Class Called The One Ton Class.....No Handicap But The Model Must Be same Scale. Same Era. If Anyone Is interested Contact Me...Thks DD
Jan 17, 2015, 02:35 PM
Arrrgh ........ A good sailing friend's dad built Golden Dazy (a 2 Ton, Ron Holland design) in r/c scale, but the design didn't sail worth a squat but the model looked great. Tried to get a set of lines from Jan Gougeon before his passing, but he couldn't find them.

Regardless, when you start playing with the "ton" designs, some sail reasonably well while others are better for the fireplace mantel. The designers were playing a lot with the rules and the real boat sailed great (won Canada Cup first year) but didn't translate well to scaled down build.

Just a thought.
Jan 17, 2015, 03:13 PM

Thank for the feedback Dick

I Never Made A Model That Did Not Sail Ok.....We Will see.
Jan 17, 2015, 03:52 PM

G&S Slip Slidding Away 78"

1985 I Built Her And Video Taped.HeR On YouTube. She Powers Through The Good Size Chop. YOutube: Derusha sailing
Last edited by Derusha; Jan 17, 2015 at 03:57 PM. Reason: sailing video
Jan 17, 2015, 04:14 PM
Boomer1
Dean
Is this the video you are talking about? Those sails are beautiful!

derusha sailing 3 (3 min 18 sec)

This boat looks similar to a Rubin.

Boomer

derusha sailing (5 min 29 sec)
Jan 17, 2015, 05:56 PM

yes..........1985

She Is Still With Me......
Jan 18, 2015, 05:59 PM
Suspended Account
Good score, bro..
Jan 18, 2015, 06:47 PM
Boomer1
I just ordered the other Rubin from Sandy & the Pay Pal payment has been sent. He said he'd ship toward the end of next week.

Dean,
I will call you to chat about new masts you have. Hoping they'll be what we need. Not at all sure when I'll be able to start the build, as I have a several other boats in my shop needing completion.

This is suppose to be a challenging kit. I am looking forward to spreading the components out so I can figure out what will be needed to complete the project. Need to spec out the electronics, and if this thing has a motor, which it is reported to have, I'll be interested to see how Graupner designed the motor control set up.

Also what they recommend for bonding the hull and the deck together. Think I'll need some larger clamps for this project.

This will be the largest boat in my collection. Once I get it built getting in my car should be fun!

Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; Jan 18, 2015 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typos