May 14, 2004, 10:53 AM
Thread OP

nitro hammer help

um i just got a nitro hammer and i was wondering how fast it goes also could i put a .21 engin in it
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2004, 08:26 PM
RC boat Rock Star
A lot faster but I don't recommend it. There would have to be a lot of other work involved to make it handle the power of a good .21 engine. Number one would be to replace the driveline to a 3/16" flex cable setup. The hull is a little thin for a serious engine, the torque would crack it big time.
The boat could use a few mods to get more out of it. The tuned pipe length is way too long to take advantage of even having it on there.
May 23, 2004, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
why couldent i put a .21 in there if i cant put a .21 in i wanna know what is the smalest boat for sale with a .21
May 23, 2004, 03:38 PM
RC boat Rock Star
I didn't say that you couldn't but I didn't recommend it. There is a lot of difference in power between what you have in there now and a decent .21 .
With a good .21 motor I'd go at around 29" as the shortest. There are lots of .21 hulls out there, it just depends on how deep your pockets are. My sons Speedmaster 21 has a Rossi Niagara, Irwin quiet pipe, Airtronics radio system and Speedmaster hardware. I've got probably close to $800.00 into it. You can go low Dollar and do it for several Hundred less. Picking out the right boat for you (and me) is a long process. With a .21 hull you will get a better handling and faster boat.
May 23, 2004, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
if i put one in how long would the hull last BC this guy said his friend had a 20 inch hull with a .21
Last edited by fastnitro; May 23, 2004 at 07:55 PM.
May 23, 2004, 08:04 PM
RC boat Rock Star
I'll bet that he has a handful there! I have a 24" hull with a .12 in it and that gets interesting to drive at times.
I can't give you a time frame on how long the hull will last. It could last hours or years.
May 24, 2004, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
this is a 24 inch with a .15

how fast does yours go
May 25, 2004, 04:50 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Mine was radared at over 32 MPH before I had the pipe and other things dialed in. The hull was an electric that the manufacturer made into a nitro hull. He only made 2 this way that I know of and mine is the only one that got finished. A friend bought the other and he never finished it. I built it using a lot of old R/C truck parts that I had laying around and put a Trinity/Picco/NR motor in it.

Quick Reply