Reintroducing-Lee Ulinger Models - RC Groups
Dec 18, 2014, 03:27 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
New Product

Reintroducing-Lee Ulinger Models

We are are now the manufactures of Lee Ulinger models. We plan to continue this line of great flying 3D flyers and will strive to offer great quality at a fair price.

All currently manufactured LUM designs will be available through Hangarcats.com The old Lee Ulinger website is no longer officially in use and should be removed shortly. Feel free to email us or post here with any questions or comments you may have.

Jim
Jtechlaser.com

What better way to start than to reintroduce the LUMbach, designed by Aaron Lavender. We have been having a good time flying ours over the last year. Rather than show a frame by frame build thread we will post some flight shots as well as some details of the construction. Also we will be adding new video as the opportunity arises. We mainly have been using the Hacker 20-20L for power but we will be trying other power systems in the near future. Our go to battery is a 3 cell 1300 with a 25amp esc. 4 Emax servos are used.

Wingspan 38.5
6mm Depron.
Pre printed and laser cut.
Hardware included.

Thanks for looking.

Here is a link to Lee Ulinger's construction video part 1. Not all steps are necessary for each model but there is a wealth of information for construction.

LUM Build Log 1.wmv (10 min 0 sec)
Last edited by eliworm; Dec 30, 2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Video added.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2014, 05:05 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Good to see them brought back. I've always wondered why they never got more attention. I've had several of his kits, the Pocket Knife XL was a favorite. The LUMbach looks great.

Azarr
Dec 19, 2014, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Good to see them brought back. I've always wondered why they never got more attention........

Azarr
Because it's depron.

I hope these kits sell well as I am a big fan of depron and these kits look great.
Dec 20, 2014, 08:34 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
That's true, some people don't like Depron. I found it's hard to beat with a model this size. All comes down to preference. I have been flying this LUM-bach for over a year and half that time was without landing gear installed, still going strong. I'll have it out at the Arizona Electric Festival this January.