This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Win A Ride in Lady Alice a P-51 Mustang, Saturday at the AMA

A ride in Lady Alice, a P-51 experience by Mandee Mikulski

The AMA Foundation Presents - A Ride in 'Lady Alice'

In celebration of a successful first year, the AMA Foundation will be offering a grand door prize of a ride in 'Lady Alice', a P-51 Mustang during the 2015 AMA Expo in Ontario, California. Now is your chance to re-live history and ride in one of the most awe-inspiring fighters of World War II.

All AMA Expo attendees, 18 years and older*, are eligible for the door prize. To sign-up, simply visit the AMA Foundation booth in the AMA Village, located in the center of the Ontario Convention Center exhibit hall.

This once-in-a-lifetime experience has been donated by Dr. Kendall Wagner, in support of the AMA Foundationís mission to build, grow, enhance, and preserve model aviation.

The drawing will take place on the AMA Expo main stage on Saturday, January 10 at 12:30 P.M. You must be present to win. Entries must be made at least 30 minutes prior to the drawing. The ride will take place after the drawing at 3:00 P.M. at a local airport.

*Rider must be at least 18 years of age and able to physically climb in and out of the aircraft without assistance. The winner must be available for the ride the day of the drawing. The day and time of the ride are subject to change due to weather or other circumstance. Rider must sign an AMA waiver.
Last edited by Michael Heer; Dec 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2014, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
This is such a cool donation by Dr Kendall Wagner! Finally, something called a once in a lifetime experience that for most of us really would be a Once in a Lifetime Experience. I warn you guys I am pretty lucky when it comes to drawings. So save your time and don't stand in line to enter. Mike Heer
Dec 17, 2014, 10:43 AM
Thread OP
Mandee forwarded me some additional pictures. Thanks Mandee and thanks to the AMA Foundation for this great giveaway. Mike H
Dec 23, 2014, 02:29 AM
Hi Mike

Do you know why it named "Ladey Alice"? Any stroy or History about it?

Thanks
Candy
Dec 23, 2014, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
I Googled P-51 Mustang Lady Alice and found stills and video on the plane, Dr Wagner and his wife. I found a partial list of previous owners but no history on the name. If I see Dr Wagner at the Expo I will ask and post his answer back here. Mike H.
Jan 01, 2015, 11:49 PM
Builder of flying things
There is probably only a handful of folks that have had the good fortune to be able to say that they have flown in a P-51. I am one of the fortunate few, and it truly is a once in a lifetime experience. I would stand in line for a long time to do it again!

Jim
Jan 05, 2015, 02:32 PM
some times the pvmac has their club meetings in the hanger where the plane is hangered , pretty cool to see , and during the big jolt fun fly , she did a fly by down the runway , was a sight to see ....
Jan 06, 2015, 12:24 AM
Builder of flying things
After I posted my comments above, I did a search for the N number of the aircraft that I flew in, and found this; http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p51re...1-4473142.html

This is the P-51 I rode in. It was a beautiful piece of machinery.

Jim
Jan 07, 2015, 03:15 PM
Thread OP
I have flown a Texan but only sat in a Mustang. Love the sound of its Merlin engine. Should I be lucky enough to win (I can dream big!) I will take a video and share it here in RC Groups. Mike Heer
I think this a fantastic opportunity that some lucky person will win this Saturday.
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jan 08, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
Jan 08, 2015, 09:39 AM
cool
Jan 08, 2015, 03:41 PM
wannabe Jet guy

This Could be YOU

RIDE IN A P-51 MUSTANG - COCKPIT VIEW FROM LADY ALICE (25 min 25 sec)

Ralph
Jan 09, 2015, 09:34 PM
On the Go Fly List
Thanks for posting the video. Who will be the lucky winner? The visibility from the cockpit is incredible...almost like flying with the top down.

Adam
Jan 09, 2015, 11:57 PM
Thread OP
I hope to post the winner and a picture of the winner tomorrow. The owner was at the show today and is a great guy to listen to. I thanked him on behalf of all of us who appreciate just having a chance to win this ride. Mike
Jan 11, 2015, 08:36 AM
Thread OP
I didn't win the free ride in the Mustang. I think the winner was named Jonathan ... it was hard to hear due to all the groans of all us NON-Winners and the sound of my heart breaking. BUT it was sure exciting to even have a chance! My thanks to all of you made that chance possible, especially Dr Wagner who owns the plane and Mandee Mikulski who ran the raffle and was very pleasant.
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jan 12, 2015 at 01:52 PM.
Jan 14, 2015, 03:27 PM
Split S
If I remember my stories correctly, the previous owner of Lady Alice (before Ken) named the aircraft after his wife. There was never a "Lady Alice" P-51 in the 357th.

Quick Reply