Dec 17, 2014, 04:14 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Turnigy 10 channel transmitter with touch screen

New transmitter just released. Model TGY-i10

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_1_.html

Quoting from Product description

The TGY-i10 is bursting with features which are perfect for the modeller who requires maximum control and real time telemetry.

The TGY-i10 uses 2.4GHz AFHDS 2 (automatic frequency hopping digital system 2) which spans the whole frequency band. Equipped with a high sensitivity receiver, this radio system guarantees an optimal and highly secure link between the transmitter and receiver.

The innovative design of the new TGY-i10 makes the handset extremely lightweight while the menus and data is presented on its 3.55 inch TFT touch screen!

The TGY-i10 radio system uses high gain, high quality multi directional antennas, each transmitter has a unique ID, when binding, the receiver saves that unique ID and will only accept signals from the transmitter it is matched with, this prevents interference from any other radios and ensures the safety of your model.

The TGY-i10 radio system utilizes extremely efficient components and high speed processor chips for those complicated mixing settings. In comparison this radio system uses 1/10th of the power of a standard FM system.

Another key feature of the TGY-i10 is its telemetry capabilities, the radio system has the ability to monitor real time rpm / voltage and temperature data which provides added security when flying your models.

If you require more than 10 channels an i-Bus receiver (TGY-AEV01) is included, which will provide you with an extra 4 channels which allows an additional 16 servos to be connected.

The TGY-i10 really is one of the most intelligent and innovative radio systems available today and all at a price that will not break the bank!

Features:
2.4 Ghz AFHDS 2 (automatic frequency hopping digital system)
Compatible with all TGY receivers
Real time telemetry monitors signal strength, Rx voltage, flight pack voltage, RPM and temperature
Audio and visual warnings when limits are exceeded
3.55 inch, 240 by 400 pixels (WQVGA) colour, high contrast TFT-LCD touch screen
Power on/off safety feature
3 way switch x 2, 2 way switch x 5, momentary switch x 1 and slider control switch x 2
Easy access pop up / down VR controllers x 3
High-precision double ball bearing gimbal and ergonomic design
Double antenna structure for improved signal transmission
20 model memory including memory expansion slot
Free software upgrades available online

Transmitter Functions Include:
General functions: Flight conditions, linear / curve mixing, functions / channel / throttle delays, channel mixing, logic switches, Aircraft type, RX setup, dual rates / expo, endpoint adjustment, channel offset, trim / subtrim, throttle down / curve / delay / reverse, system menu, model name, timers etc.
Airplane / Glider functions: Aileron / flap / spoiler, elevator to flap, butterfly, V-tail, dual elevator etc.
Helicopter functions: Throttle hold / mix / curve, pitch curve, swashplate mixing / type / ring, governor, gyroscope etc.

Specs:
Channels: 10
Model Type: Helicopter / airplane / glider
RF Range: 2.4055-2.475GHz
bandwidth: 500KHz
Band: 140
RF Power: Less than 20 dBm
2.4G system: AFHDS2A
Code type: GFSK
Low Voltage Warning: Yes (less than 3.75V)
DSC port: Yes (USB, HID)
Memory Expansion: SD card
Antenna Length: 26mmx2
Weight: 620 grams (with battery)
Battery Capacity: 3.7V (1700mAh)
Dimension: 195 x 189 x 43mm

Package Includes:
(TGY-iA10) 10 Channel 2.4GHz receiver
(TGY-BA1700) Li-ion battery 1700mah
(TGY-ATM01) Thermometer sensor
(TGY-AVT01) Voltage sensor (optical module)
(TGY-APD02) RPM sensor
(TGY-AEV01) I-bus receiverMicro USB cable
Stylus pen
User Manual (CD)
Last edited by mpjf01; Dec 17, 2014 at 04:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2014, 07:39 AM
Yes, I saw this too. I wonder if it is backwards compatible with the old Flysky protocol.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:20 AM
Suspended Account
I wonder how good this radio is
Last edited by Mikey 68; Dec 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM.
Dec 17, 2014, 12:11 PM
Suspended Account
Turnigy i10 Radio - HobbyKing Daily (3 min 51 sec)
Dec 17, 2014, 02:20 PM
///////
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis
I wonder how good this radio is
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2117797
Dec 17, 2014, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Its not the same radio, Look at the front of it
Dec 17, 2014, 03:25 PM
Grumpa Tom
Same radio, different plastic case.
Dec 17, 2014, 03:30 PM
I think so too. I hope so.
I've got Flysky TH9X with turnigy and hobbyking receivers and this i10 TX is very interesting for me as next transmiter.
Dec 17, 2014, 03:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Same radio, different plastic case.
+1 Turnigy is just a trade name.

I don't even want one for free. it's 100% crap hardware just like Walkera
Dec 17, 2014, 11:25 PM
Mac Carter
So I thought I would place an order for the Turnigy version. I have ordered a lot of stuff from HK over the past 7 years. I thought I could compare the quality with my FLYSKY one. The case doesn't look as clean as the Flysky, but that could just be a preproduction one they used in the video. I do like the top left and right switch layout a little better and the trims are a little lower than being above the screen. I figured it was worth it to check it out, and I can just keep the RX and sensors and sell one of the TX.. That's about $50-$70 worth of RX and sensors right? I have three Turnigy 9X's now that I have all modified with ER9X, with Orange, Turnigy, and Assan modules + RX's. I wonder how long before they come out with the Turnigy version of the it4 car radio?? Anyways, I will let you guys know if anyone is interested.

Mac
Dec 18, 2014, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solimon
+1 Turnigy is just a trade name.

I have a Walkera Devo 8s and it's actually a very good TX, hardware and firmware-wise.

I got no complaints...it's a solid system.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by solimon
You know that how?

The 9X from the same manufacturer (according to the posts above) has kept many people content for years. If someone ports OpenTX and/or ER9X to this radio like they have the 9X it will likely do the same.
Last edited by mpjf01; Dec 18, 2014 at 01:44 AM.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:40 AM
Grumpa Tom
Mac, I actually had thought of doing the same. So I am interested in your findings.

As for the haters, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.
Dec 18, 2014, 01:37 AM
I think trims in TGY version are better placed than in FLYSKY Tx.
Dec 18, 2014, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
...If someone ports OpenTX and/or ER9X to this radio like they have the 9X it will likely do the same.
OpenTx team evaluated this back in March, seems not possible, unable to identify processor, or simply lack of interest to dig deeper.

Quick Reply