This thread is privately moderated by bill_delong, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 15, 2014, 04:44 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
FAQ

Which Surface Radio System is the Best?

I have moved this page to my blog here:

Which surface radio system is the best?

Check out more stuff on My Bookmarks page!
Last edited by bill_delong; Mar 22, 2020 at 12:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2018, 03:48 PM
Ok, I'm back in the ground game. Been gone for 30 or so years. I've been on a nostalgic kick, and managed to pick up a Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, about 10 Big Brutes, and have my son's Stampede as well.

I've upgraded my old Futaba 9CAPS air-tx to a Taranis SE, but now I need a radio for ground models, and I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm currently thinking of the Flysky FS-GT5 for $75ish, Radiolink RC6GS for $75ish, and/or I have a lead on a Spektrum DX6R for about $250. Big jump there, I know.

Curious, for someone with several models, looking to get back in with some "bashers", which of those would you go with? The FlySky/Radiolink rx's seem to be inexpensive, and I'm already familiar with the Orange/Lemon rx's for Spektrum on my airplane foamies. The Spektrum stands above in model memory (250), but then again, it's over 3x the cost of the others...
Oct 30, 2018, 06:32 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
So FlySky and Radiolink are gonna lack any form of warranty, you can get very limited parts support for FlySky and virtually no part support for Radiolink. Spektrum offers the best service and warranty of the 3 brands, which is part of why they charge more.

I have seen many racers who absolutely love Spektrum and continue to race their products to this very day. As for me, I have been burned by both Spektrum and FlySky in the past with getting hit by glitches when too many other radios are in use who also share direct sequencing. If you are the only person using direct sequencing in your area, then chances are you won't experience any problems with either of these systems.

Over the years I have grown to appreciate Radiolink better than the other 2 systems where it offers a lot of features for the price and without concern for getting hit with glitching where that annoyance alone is a deal breaker for me.

Here's a couple videos that might be worth watching just to give you a little insight into what Radiolink has to offer:

Radiolink RC4GS (2017 Edition) - New Features! (12 min 8 sec)

Radiolink RC3S Demo and initial review (9 min 10 sec)

Demo LED Brake light with 3rd Channel Mixing on RC4G (4 min 46 sec)

Demo: RadioLink RC4G Gyro Radio System (1 min 38 sec)
Oct 30, 2018, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the info! I will watch the videos. The Spectrum will be used, so warranty is a non-issue. However parts availability would be nice.
Oct 30, 2018, 10:35 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
If you're gonna buy used, then I would recommend Futaba or Sanwa, both have compatible aftermarket Rx's available for a reasonable price:

https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-Sa...r_warehouse=CN

https://www.banggood.com/CoolTec-RFA...r_warehouse=CN
Sep 06, 2019, 08:07 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
Radiolink for racing?
Dec 24, 2019, 09:54 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
Why Graupner is the best choice for me

Quick Reply