Thread Tools
Jan 28, 2015, 02:23 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplanar
I've driven probably around 15 charges through the car at this point-no issues with steering etc. It would have been great if the battery was removable for charging and going through multiple packs-the usb charger will be nice, but it's a slow charge from depleted. Other than that it really is a great little car though on the steep side price wise.

FPV on it is really fun and the range is good-with a little practice you can hit the corners and line up the jumps. It does take getting used to the steering and throttle to keep it managed.

It's good that HPI will take care of the issues if you have a car that is not perfect-that is one other thing you are paying for with this little beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnl7Cy580lM
Thank you that's what I been trying to tell them real sweet car real good price!!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2015, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Well just to show just how hot these cars realy are at 12:00 hobby people had them in stock!!! By 1:15 they are now unavailable again that should tell you something!!!
Jan 28, 2015, 03:05 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Thank you that's what I been trying to tell them real sweet car real good price!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Well just to show just how hot these cars realy are at 12:00 hobby people had them in stock!!! By 1:15 they are now unavailable again that should tell you something!!!

So far, it mostly tells me there is a big hype about this car, maybe deserved, as more positive experiences are pouring in, maybe on hindsight the enthousiasm will be reduced. Often when a promising product hits the market, at first it's getting rave reception, then, after the first hype subsides, a more balanced view of the product settles.

I'm pretty sure when the Micro T hit the market, it was also a "hot item", but it's shortcomings have later become more apparent, and more criticism appeared. Time will tell, is a saying that does certainly apply to new RC stuff as well.

Here in the Netherlands we have another saying, "good wine doesn't need a crown of flowers".

Roughly translated, it means that a good product doesn't need much advertizing to get the recognition it deserves. As people will be able to recognize a good product, without someone pushing it their way. Though not everyone may be as well informed, I think it's good to have some trust in fellow RC fans, that they will not need the extra push to realize a certain product is worth buying.

I fully understand the enthousiasm when someone is all happy with a product, nothing wrong with that. But be careful, when that leads to almost crossposting the same info in 2 threads, it can be mistaken for fan-behavior, or pushing a brand for commercial reasons, even when the person posting this doesn't have these intentions at all. If the Q32 is as good as you say, it will be a hit, and not need the extra praise every 2 or 3 messages.


Btw, mine came in today, I need to do a couple of things here first, but hope to put in a first test run before I go to bed.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 28, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
Jan 28, 2015, 03:39 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Oh I been happy from the jump all my post basically been because people ask me 1000 questions along the way because of being sceptical hpi don't pay me I spend my hard earned money like the rest of you nor does any r/c company I just tell it like I see it!!! And experience it but I do like to point my fellow r/cs in a good direction it s your own choice if you want a honest review by a actual owner or not wether you chose to listen is up to you I'm having flawless fun with mine regardless if you listen or not!!!
Jan 28, 2015, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Some people will not like it even if it was to drive itself so I realy have nothing else to say but I like mine one of the best ever purchased real solid good car period.
Jan 28, 2015, 03:52 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Oh I been happy from the jump all my post basically been because people ask me 1000 questions along the way because of being sceptical hpi don't pay me I spend my hard earned money like the rest of you nor does any r/c company I just tell it like I see it!!! And experience it but I do like to point my fellow r/cs in a good direction it s your own choice if you want a honest review by a actual owner or not wether you chose to listen is up to you I'm having flawless fun with mine regardless if you listen or not!!!

Again, it's not personal, no need to be so defensive, and I am not accusing you of being bought by HPI or so. That's not the point. I am just saying that a good product doesn't need anyone to keep telling how good it is every 2 or 3 postings, and that it may be better to keep in mind that it takes some time to get a better picture of how a car will hold up, after the initial hype dies down.

Speaking of listening, maybe you missed "hearing" that I ordered one already a few days ago, got it delivered today, and am looking forward to checking it out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Some people will not like it even if it was to drive itself so I realy have nothing else to say but I like mine one of the best ever purchased real solid good car period.
Again, I am not infringing on your right to have an opinion about this car. But it almost seems to be like others don't have the same full right to form their own opinion, let alone one that might be not the same. As the wording that some will never be happy with a product, even if it drove itself, seems to hint it, that only people with unrealistic expectations will have the heart not to be all crazy about this car...

It feels a bit like being in a restaurant and you are looking at the menu. Then someone says to take the fish, because it is superb. While you look back at the menu, the same person walks by, and again tells you to take the fish. You look at a few more dishes on the menu, and again in your ear someone is telling you to get the fish. What would you do? The fish is probably delicious indeed, and the person looking at the menu may even look forward to eating a fish meal, but wouldn't you agree that he may not have needed so much encouragement, and should be totally capable of making a decision what to order, with just a single helpful suggestion that the fish was to be recommended as choice of meal?

Likewise, wondering if there is much added value of repeating how good it is every 2 or 3 messages in multiple threads. Would you like hearing the same tune on the radio, no matter how good that song is, and then switch to a different channel and hear the same tune again? If it's as good as you feel it is, this car will get noticed, and maybe even more without this extra praise.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 28, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Jan 28, 2015, 04:07 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Well that's how radio works!!! But what am I supose to post when every other post ask me how or why I like the car so much???sould I say if you wanna know buy it your self??? Don't ask go in blind??? I realy didn't think people were going to be so sensitive and petty over a car they ask about!!!
Jan 28, 2015, 04:22 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Well that's how radio works!!! But what am I supose to post when every other post ask me how or why I like the car so much???sould I say if you wanna know buy it your self??? Don't ask go in blind??? I realy didn't think people were going to be so sensitive and petty over a car they ask about!!!
Apparently you still didn't read my postings fully, just taking the bits about me not copying your opinion blindly, and acting upon that, creating a difference of opinion that may not even be there, as I still need to form an opinion on this car.

Just for the 3rd time, I ordered a Q32, and got it delivered today. And I would probably have been unboxing it or even charging it up, when no new messages would have popped up before I finished typing a reply.

Replying to a question about a car is great, I appreciate you being helpful, and your answers did help making a decision to buy one. I just don't get it why the same answer needs to be repeated, and most answers are just repeating basically the same message, when summarized, sounds a lot like "buy it, it's great, get one while there is still stock!"

Nothing to do with being sensitive, I think most people just would prefer to hear why it is so great, and what it's key features are, more in detail, instead of repeating different praising words. I think those that have followed this thread closely already were aware of your opinion about this car from posting #13 on the very first page in this now much longer thread. And if not, maybe from one of the next postings stating the same
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 28, 2015, 04:38 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Wow if you run yours and don't like it ok that's fine!!! I've stated every reason why I like it and compared it to other cars and stated the difference what more do you want??? I'm not trying to cram it down nobody's throat or nothing if you don't like it give it a bad review but if you like it that's cool too.im in this thing for fun and all my friends are in it for fun and a fun car it is!!! But I was asked the questions about it and I gave a honest answer that's it if my answers offended you for some reason well I'm sorry didn't mean to offend anybody I though we were all in the same hobby same game just trying to help each other out seeing I had mine first I thought I could give other open minded hobby people insight on a product would it be better if I gave conflicting statements about it ??? I just don't see why your worried about my high opinion on it I like a lot of cars but as far as I knew we were talking about the q32 which I've had for a while and you are just charging yours at the moment I mean what's the problem???
Jan 28, 2015, 05:37 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Ok, first impression:

Nice packaging, small, efficient. Took a little effort to unfold the ramp to "free" the transmitter, as I didn't want to tear it, but with a little patience, this will work out, and maybe it was just mine being a little fiddly.

The transmitter takes 4 AA batteries, and the manual states not to use NiMh, which is a bit of a letdown, as you need to use the transmitter to charge the car, at least until the USB charger becomes available. But will do for now, I guess.

I charged the car, then disconnected the charge plug, and switched on the transmitter, then the car. All seemed to work ok, except the steering made a whining noise like a high speed digital servo, and, much to my shock, was sometimes not returning to neutral, like someone else had before. I trimmed the car with the adjustment "dial" on the bottom of the front of the car, and gave it a quick drive. This thing is fast! Throttle response doesn't feel totally linear, there is a feeling of a "turbo gap" where it suddenly goes faster, but it's not bad enough to be a problem. Steering was smooth, though very speed dependent. At high speeds, there was some serious understeer, if letting go of the throttle, the car would sometimes do a traction roll, if you didn't reduce the steering angle before letting go the throttle. It's wheelbase is a little longer than the Micro T, though just a mm or so, but it feels more twitchy, and with the steering not always centering, this looked like a warranty claim coming up...

Apart from the noisy steering, the car is very quiet, the gears are barely audible, making the steering sound even more apparent. Before mailing the seller about the centering issue, I wanted to have a look at it. Apart from the mechanical trimming on the car, there is also a trim dial on the transmitter. This wasn't centered, but when I did center it, the whine that was present even when not making steering movements, was suddenly gone! And even better, the steering also didn't lock up at full right, but centered perfectly everytime. The car did run to one side now, but that was because the mechanical trim on the bottom of the car was still out of center after I adjusted that. This was centered, and the steering was fully reliable after that. Still twitchy, but as it now centered after making a turn, you didn't have to constantly correct coming out of the turn, to get it to run straight again.

So, if you are having similar centering problems on the steering, it may be worth the effort to adjust the trim dial on the transmitter until the steering is silent, and then adjust the mechanical trim on the car for straight running. This could solve the problem completely!



Preliminary conclusion



Pro's:

- Fast
- 2.4 GHz
- Complete package with ramp and track markers
- Transmitter needs only 4 batteries
- Foam tires have good traction on various surfaces
- Quiet gearing
- Looks nice


Cons:

- At the moment can only be charged from the transmitter, and no rechargeable batteries allowed according to manual, as this may cause the battery in the car to not get fully charged
- Pretty twitchy at certain speeds
- Steering very sensitive to trim adjustments, get it wrong and it locks up easily
- Can't reach charge connector with body still on, you are forced to trim the body, or remove each time when the car needs a charge
- No easily replacable battery, so after running, you need to wait a while before the battery is charged again


Apart from the problem with the steering, and the limited charging options with the fixed battery, the car seems a solid performer, that balances on the edge between twitchy and lively when it comes to driving performance. One thing HPI might consider adding is a training button, or a dial for setting top speed. I was thinking of letting our daughter, who has an interest in RC, run this as next level after a toy grade similar scale car. But for indoor practice with a novice driver, this is way too fast. I have pretty good reflexes myself, at least, when driving VRC tracks, or when something is about to fall on the ground, I usually catch it before it's too late, but I needed to keep focused to keep this one from running into furniture.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 28, 2015, 05:44 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
I also saw the FPV version and loved and made my own too


For those who wanted to see the inside and the steering, here are some pictures..
Click them for full size.






Jan 28, 2015, 06:10 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Thanks for the pics. So it seems that it's not easy to use this receiver for other cars, as it doesn't use a regular servo.

What battery does the car use? 1S? Capacity?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 28, 2015, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Still blank about the battery, I wanna know it to :b
But it's really sticked together and I'm a bit afraid to just pull atm :b
Jan 28, 2015, 07:18 PM
Registered User
Pinchanina's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Ok, first impression:

Nice packaging, small, efficient. Took a little effort to unfold the ramp to "free" the transmitter, as I didn't want to tear it, but with a little patience, this will work out, and maybe it was just mine being a little fiddly.

The transmitter takes 4 AA batteries, and the manual states not to use NiMh, which is a bit of a letdown, as you need to use the transmitter to charge the car, at least until the USB charger becomes available. But will do for now, I guess.

I charged the car, then disconnected the charge plug, and switched on the transmitter, then the car. All seemed to work ok, except the steering made a whining noise like a high speed digital servo, and, much to my shock, was sometimes not returning to neutral, like someone else had before. I trimmed the car with the adjustment "dial" on the bottom of the front of the car, and gave it a quick drive. This thing is fast! Throttle response doesn't feel totally linear, there is a feeling of a "turbo gap" where it suddenly goes faster, but it's not bad enough to be a problem. Steering was smooth, though very speed dependent. At high speeds, there was some serious understeer, if letting go of the throttle, the car would sometimes do a traction roll, if you didn't reduce the steering angle before letting go the throttle. It's wheelbase is a little longer than the Micro T, though just a mm or so, but it feels more twitchy, and with the steering not always centering, this looked like a warranty claim coming up...

Apart from the noisy steering, the car is very quiet, the gears are barely audible, making the steering sound even more apparent. Before mailing the seller about the centering issue, I wanted to have a look at it. Apart from the mechanical trimming on the car, there is also a trim dial on the transmitter. This wasn't centered, but when I did center it, the whine that was present even when not making steering movements, was suddenly gone! And even better, the steering also didn't lock up at full right, but centered perfectly everytime. The car did run to one side now, but that was because the mechanical trim on the bottom of the car was still out of center after I adjusted that. This was centered, and the steering was fully reliable after that. Still twitchy, but as it now centered after making a turn, you didn't have to constantly correct coming out of the turn, to get it to run straight again.

So, if you are having similar centering problems on the steering, it may be worth the effort to adjust the trim dial on the transmitter until the steering is silent, and then adjust the mechanical trim on the car for straight running. This could solve the problem completely!



Preliminary conclusion



Pro's:

- Fast
- 2.4 GHz
- Complete package with ramp and track markers
- Transmitter needs only 4 batteries
- Foam tires have good traction on various surfaces
- Quiet gearing
- Looks nice


Cons:

- At the moment can only be charged from the transmitter, and no rechargeable batteries allowed according to manual, as this may cause the battery in the car to not get fully charged
- Pretty twitchy at certain speeds
- Steering very sensitive to trim adjustments, get it wrong and it locks up easily
- Can't reach charge connector with body still on, you are forced to trim the body, or remove each time when the car needs a charge
- No easily replacable battery, so after running, you need to wait a while before the battery is charged again


Apart from the problem with the steering, and the limited charging options with the fixed battery, the car seems a solid performer, that balances on the edge between twitchy and lively when it comes to driving performance. One thing HPI might consider adding is a training button, or a dial for setting top speed. I was thinking of letting our daughter, who has an interest in RC, run this as next level after a toy grade similar scale car. But for indoor practice with a novice driver, this is way too fast. I have pretty good reflexes myself, at least, when driving VRC tracks, or when something is about to fall on the ground, I usually catch it before it's too late, but I needed to keep focused to keep this one from running into furniture.
well that's sums up about everything I tried to tell you about it glad you like it!!! Enjoy.
Jan 28, 2015, 09:25 PM
Flying is Freedom
Sky_Captain's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapoxD
Sky_Captain I'll take a picture of the inside/ the steering later if you want?

Just talked to HPI and they are gonna send me a new steering set, for me to change the gears to hopefully get rid of the problem (:
Pics would be awesome!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools