Jan 24, 2015, 01:00 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain
Do you mean you back-ordered one, or do you really have one on the way? And if so, where did you order it from
I got one from an eBay seller in a neighbouring country, and shipping was cheaper than when getting it from within my own country, so I took the bait. Got too curious, plus I'm a sucker for buggy designs, and Losi is neglecting that, as there is still no Micro T Dune Racer or Desert Buggy or so.

It was the last one from a batch of 20. It's a little more expensive than getting it in the US or so, but that's just the way it is, in Europe we pay up to double the money for the same goods that are sold in the US. 25% more expensive is considered a good deal, for things like Star Wars Lego, prices are about double here.

Anyway, I espect to get the Q32 somewhere next week, so I can test it for myself.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 24, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2015, 04:11 PM
Flying is Freedom
I can get one on ebay from the UK for a little more but I'm worried about the warranty.
I also noticed in the drawing on the HPI site that it does not have bearings, but does have bushings.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/114060

Anyone have an idea if I could get the warranty covered here in the us if I buy it from the UK?
Last edited by Sky_Captain; Jan 24, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
Jan 24, 2015, 06:22 PM
The Hobbytown at Castleton Square in Indianapolis has a whole bunch of these in stock. I bought one last Wed and they had a least 10 or 12 left.
Jan 25, 2015, 08:53 PM
Flying is Freedom
Thanks for the tip on Hobbytown. I was fortunate enough to find one that would sell me one over the phone and ship it to me. So mine will ship tomorrow should get it before the end of this week.
Jan 25, 2015, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlandon1955
The Hobbytown at Castleton Square in Indianapolis has a whole bunch of these in stock. I bought one last Wed and they had a least 10 or 12 left.
I just picked one up there. Gonna be doing some fun fpv on it.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:44 AM
Thought I would share some photos on a little bumper mod, and my fpv setup using the DK2. I am getting around 100 to 130 ms of latency. Good for FPV imo. I also flew a Hubsan x4 with this micro cam also very fun.

Enjoy photos and zip tie bumper mod.

http://imgur.com/a/hdQMa

Trying to show Virtual Desktop and Micro cam
Baja in rift dk2 fpv obs (0 min 38 sec)

Off topic but Hubsan x4 same fpv setup
Fun fpv (1 min 40 sec)
Last edited by pizzy00; Jan 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Add youtube links
Jan 27, 2015, 07:40 AM
Thread OP
Finally got mine today, but only played with it for like 5minutes before i noticed some problems..

When i turn the wheels won't go back to straight just be releasing the wheel, i need to turn again to get them straight..

And also at the moment it keeps loosing the bind.. I can drive like 3 sec then it looses it..

And when it is't binded, if i try to turn i can hear a small buzzing from the steering on the car, like it knows I'm trying to turn.

Anyone else getting this?
Will try do make a small video of it..
Jan 27, 2015, 09:44 AM
Flying is Freedom
That sucks, why do I always hear the bad news about a model AFTER I order one
Jan 27, 2015, 03:29 PM
Wow sorry for your steering probs. I'm going on about 50 runs with myq32 not one problem yet just curious when you bonded the car to the radio were you away from everything else that may be wifi or Bluetooth??? The manual clearly states to turn everything else running wifi or blue tooth off or problems may occur or maybe you did get a bad car. The buzzing while turning is normal I have never ran into any steering servo that didn't make a little noise. But over all my q32 runs realy quite so maybe bad servo.and since you didn't order it from a shop shop had it been opened or messed with in anyway maybe??? Or if I misunderstood and you did get it from a shop they should be more than happy to exchange or fix it most shops will honor the warranty and I believe mine says 2 yrs parts and labor so you should get it running right in no time.
Jan 27, 2015, 03:37 PM
Also no it dosent have bearings nor does it need them!!! Yes the wheels do just slide off so you can clean hair and what not but unless you pull on them with the force of the jolly green giant or the Incredible Hulk don't see it as a problem so far for me it's been a blessing actually was less down time and the wheels fit nice and tight no slip at all the only thing is you can put them on to tight if not careful and cause a bind but just pull it back a bit common sense will tell you how much!!! And your good to go!!!! Happy racing
Jan 27, 2015, 06:08 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Also no it dosent have bearings nor does it need them!!!
Unless HPI found a way to create frictionless bushings, I'd say ball bearings will reduce wear and increase performance, as this holds for about any vehicle.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 27, 2015, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
Well about the bind, I live in an apartment, so not being near any wifi is impossible :b
However, I think i've come to the conclusion that it starts to loose signal/ not bind when it's low on power.. After a full recharge there's no problem again. Does your do this too when low on battery?
I ordered mine from rossmod.co.uk very nice service, but problem is that shipping is 25 so i think i'm gonna try to take it apart my self and clean the gears, since it feels like they are the problem.. I ordered 2, one for me and one for my father in law, and his doesn't have the turning problem, but also loose bind when low on battery/ have been running for about 10min..

Oh yea and about the tires, do i just pull to get them off? Can't seem to find anything about this..

And last :b
Where do i buy some spareparts cheap?
Jan 27, 2015, 07:27 PM
This Is because your lipo is low that is the built in cut off its not un binding its is saving you from ruining your battery about 7-10 min run time is about top when the level gets to low it will shut down until you charge it back up. And most of the time it is true bearings help reduce friction when friction is a problem there is no need to worry about bearings on this little light car. Yes some one will make them after market but unless you are one of the people that has to have them just cause they make them then buy them but they are not needed for this ride wear and tear should be so minimal they would just be a waste but the best way to know is to run it for yourself but the way the q is put together like I said should be no reason for them.
Jan 27, 2015, 07:29 PM
And have you tried the steering adjustment on the car there is one located on the car as well as on the controller
Jan 27, 2015, 07:34 PM
As well as it performs unless your trying to break speed records or launch it in space the way it comes stock is fine.

Quick Reply