Dec 15, 2014, 04:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

HPI Q32 Baja main thread

HPI Baja Q32 main tread

Welcome to the tread about this little bad boy.
I'll try my best to keep this first post updated with info, pictures, videos and links about this car, as they show up.

The inside:
Some people might find the inside just as interesting as the outside, so to get inside remove this 7 screws:

And then it looks like this:

Click for full size.

The steering:

Click for full size.

If you find the steering to be a bit "jumpy" a possible solution has been posted at post #119

Some people also reported the steering not going back to center after applying the velcro.
Make sure the velcro does NOT cover the small hole on the front where you can see the steering mechanism.
To be safe, place the velcro behind the 2 screws.

The battery:
The battery is a 1 cell 3.7V 75mah
and measures about: 23mm x 16mm x 8mm (L x W x H)

Here it is compared to a Hubsan X4 battery:

And here it is still attached to the board:

I've made a small temporary battery mod on post 125, to make it possible to change the battery.
I'll update more detailed here when it's done.

The drivetrain:
MORE INFO COMING!
Don't got much about this yet, but will update later.

To get in, remove this 2 screws:

And then it will look something like this:

FPV:
I saw a video on youtube with a FPV (First person view) modded Q32, what do I need?

Not much, a small camera and an extra battery to power the camera.
Camera: Link (US) Link (DK)
Battery: Link

And here is mine:

Click for full size.

And of course you'll also need something to receive the fpv signal, like a monitor or some goggles.
If you got any questions about the FPV part, just ask me (:

FAQ:

Q: After driving for like 7-10 min. my car looses the connection to the controller, why?
A: This is a safety feature when the battery is low, so you don't ruin the battery, it a good thing

Q: How long does it take to recharge then?
A: About 40 min. +/- from the remote. I've ordered an USB charger that hopefully can do it faster, I'll keep you updated.

Q: Any baby issues yet?
A: My own had/have some problems with the steering not going back to center/straight when I was turning
HPI Q32 steering problem (0 min 28 sec)

I contacted the very kind people from HPI about the problem and they said they would ship a new steering set to me, to hopefully fix the problem, I'll keep you updated up this.
Last edited by RapoxD; Feb 01, 2015 at 04:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2014, 06:20 AM
..... join the cue

..... sorry simply couldn't resist
Dec 15, 2014, 06:32 AM
Thread OP
...Had a feeling that was all I was gonna get :b
Dec 15, 2014, 06:36 AM
but you got the joke right? cos the buggy was initially called the HPI Cue 32.....
Dec 15, 2014, 07:04 AM
Thread OP
Did not know that :b
Jan 07, 2015, 07:28 PM
Waiting patiently myself!! After all we have NO choice . $59 price tag is sweet.
Jan 08, 2015, 10:45 PM
Heli's rule!
I cant wait....
Jan 12, 2015, 08:04 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Well to start out....dont waste your money. Poor design, first one I got today had steering only work to right. Second one ordered will also be returned. Not gonna cut it for me.
Jan 21, 2015, 09:20 AM

Pinchanina

I got my q32 Monday and I love it!!! Great speed great control been in r/c over25-30 years and it's one of the best cars I own and trust me I own a lot!!! My only problem with it which isn't that bad is the way the body is velcroed on wish it had clips instead other than that if you love r/c you can not go wrong with this car.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:43 PM
We were playing with one all day at work yesterday...... Ours worked great proportional steering worked well.....tires have crazy traction on carpet..... Plenty of speed...... Throttle is pretty aggressive on the bottom so a light touch on the trigger is a must

The radio does feel cheap but works as expected so I can't complain too loud

I am more than pleased with it and would recommend them
Jan 21, 2015, 08:12 PM
Heli's rule!
dangit guys... was kinda hoping it wasn't that great... would save me a bundle of money looks like I will have to pick up a couple.... will have to wait till after I get my RCP track for my redcat sumos though.... then we can race the sumos with the hpi buggies, lol
Jan 22, 2015, 06:07 PM
Flying is Freedom
anyone know who has one in stock? looks like mid Feb
This is so cool! I was waiting on another 1/30 ish scale to come out. Losi was always over priced and didn't do such a good job. This looks like it will be better. I ordered mine also so I guess we'll see.
Last edited by Sky_Captain; Jan 22, 2015 at 06:21 PM.
Jan 23, 2015, 01:33 PM
Much better car than the losi micros since I got my q32 I have sold /gave away my losi cars that is how much better it is.
Jan 23, 2015, 03:34 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina
Much better car than the losi micros since I got my q32 I have sold /gave away my losi cars that is how much better it is.
Better in what way? The Losi has full independent suspension, and has after-market oil filled or friction grease shocks available, which make it handle very nice on the sidewalk as well, for instance.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 23, 2015, 04:08 PM
True losi cars have full suspension and what not and parts to make it tunable but stock out of the box q32 is much beter on a smoother surface losi no matter how good it is tuned has major grip issues that the q32 dosent have with the losi all the extra stuff is unnessasary overkill.

Quick Reply