This thread is privately moderated by Manudepron, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 13, 2014, 06:50 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Horizon VS1100 Ultra Micro FPV

Being completely noob on this subject, I elected to start by buying a ready to use full set, avoiding searches and tweaks.

It's a blast: you unbox with care as f.e. camera micro antenna is fragile, you put the glasses on, connect the camera with a micro battery and it works!
Beware: According to the manual, always install antenna's before powering on or you could fry some electronics.

Installing them on my trusty Magnum Reloaded indoor plane took some minutes. My installation permits to adjust position and orientation on the fuse by just moving the 4 pins.

First Indoor flights and first FPV experience:
- I tried first a full battery taxying... It's safe and a good way to observe the "room"
- First fly: I was standing and after 2 minutes was as drunk!
- Second flight: I sat on a bank and it was a lot better
- Camera drains a lot of current and I made last flights with a Walkera 260 mah battery and an adaptative harness because camera stops in a second when battery is low.. Not fun at all.
- Googles strap is made to hold the battery but it's not strngh enough: I added a velcro around and it solved the problem
- I reduced the travels on all commands in order to soften the reactions of the plane and it was very funny!
Last edited by Manudepron; Dec 18, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2014, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manudepron
Beware: always installt the Fatshark headset antenna before powering them on or you will fry them!

Wrong. Fatshark goggles only have builtin receiver. Receivers doesn't fry while they are operating without attached antenna like transmitters do.
Dec 14, 2014, 04:43 AM
Thread OP
Maybe you're right, maybe not....It's written in the manual and they say it's not covered by the waranty... I won't try! I wrote this in order to help people not reading the manual before use. Myself I red in diagonal and hopefully felt on this just before powering on.
Dec 14, 2014, 05:55 AM
They actually wrote that for Downlink kit (camera + vTx). The VTX will fry without antenna attached but not the vRx. This is not about I am right or not but about the theory and facts.
Dec 14, 2014, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
OK I edited my comment in the thread. I don't want to say You're right or wrong, my english isn't fine enough, but because the price I prefer to be on the safe side ;-) As I said at the beginning of my thread, It's my first experience

Quick Reply