Naza-m lite upgrade to v2 project - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:30 PM
udnham
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content.
Dec 11, 2014, 01:56 PM
I visited your site and you say "the upgrade process is quite complicated for the average user and requires special software". Can you tells us how you did this? Knowing how the complicated process is done may help you in creating this simple software. Some of us may be able to unlock the nite using your current process.
Dec 11, 2014, 02:35 PM
Way cool! Please tell us how.
Dec 11, 2014, 02:44 PM
says hello from Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
Way cool! Please tell us how.
It´s easy. You just go to his page and donate some money. Then he will make you the software you need to do the upgrade....
Dec 11, 2014, 03:27 PM
That's pretty cool. Maybe this will help to finally get rid of my front right drift issue.

Give a few of us a update so that we know it works, and that you are a honest man and don't want to rip us off and disappear lol.
Dec 11, 2014, 04:22 PM
Team Armattan
How much are you trying to raise before you release the software?
Dec 11, 2014, 05:39 PM
I seen this coming. His original post was about finding some way to offer an upgrade service.
Dec 11, 2014, 07:00 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phospherus
I seen this coming. His original post was about finding some way to offer an upgrade service.
I don't have an issue with sending a donation to cover the time and effort he spent researching, producing and testing.

On Kickstarter they list the amount they are aiming for.

Happy to throw a few dollars into this as long as I have some guarantee of getting a working upgrade.

What happens if insufficient funds are raised? How much is reasonable from each person who gets the software?

A fair question I think considering this will also totally void any warranty on the Lite,
Dec 12, 2014, 12:13 AM
I`m not really into dji products - only have one lite flying okay on a tarot fy690 hex, gps hold/rth are great. Other lite was binned due to drifting issues. My other flight controllers that`s almost half the price performs better than the lite (In my personal opinion).
Was just thinking about most of the stupid laws on drones/multirotors. Is there not a law prohibiting anyone from doing something like this? Don`t get me wrong, I don`t give a rat`s @sh who is doing what - as long as I can fly in peace and on the end of the day our goverment/police force are so corrupt in South Africa - they will not waist their time enforcing some law on multi`s except if there are money involved to steal.
But what my tiny stupid brain are thinking is that, if this firmware upgrade works - what will dji do? Increase the price of the lite? Discontinue the lite? Because why will anybody buy a V1 or 2 if they can get a lite and upgrade it to v2. At the end of the day I wish everybody good luck on doing this upgrade - maybe dji will then drop their prices on their high end controllers.
Dec 12, 2014, 09:10 AM
Of cause at first I sent information and video about this research work to dji, but they told me something like "we don't care, thank you". So i think this reflash opportunity is not interesting to them.

Quote:
A fair question I think considering this will also totally void any warranty on the Lite,
You can return original firmware any time and your warranty will be ok.

Quote:
On Kickstarter they list the amount they are aiming for.
Sorry, fixed website to show real collected amount instead of persent progress bar.
Now we are aiming for 850$ to complete this project.
Naza-m lite with v2 PMU is about 210$, naza-m v2 is around 300$, price difference is 90$.
850$ goal is difference in reflashing only 10 naza-m lite controllers.

The next thing we want to do is upgrading naza-m lite to naza-h
Dec 12, 2014, 01:48 PM
What about the "Phantom 2 Naza"...
Can that be re-flashed to a "normal" V2 Naza, so we can use standard lipo battery in the P2 ?
Dec 12, 2014, 02:44 PM
Makers gonna make...
Quote:
Originally Posted by caid
What about the "Phantom 2 Naza"...
Can that be re-flashed to a "normal" V2 Naza, so we can use standard lipo battery in the P2 ?
They look the same hardware-wise, so who knows.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4016
Dec 12, 2014, 04:00 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by udnham
Of cause at first I sent information and video about this research work to dji, but they told me something like "we don't care, thank you". So i think this reflash opportunity is not interesting to them.

You can return original firmware any time and your warranty will be ok.

Sorry, fixed website to show real collected amount instead of persent progress bar.
Now we are aiming for 850$ to complete this project.
Naza-m lite with v2 PMU is about 210$, naza-m v2 is around 300$, price difference is 90$.
850$ goal is difference in reflashing only 10 naza-m lite controllers.

The next thing we want to do is upgrading naza-m lite to naza-h
I appreciate the the answers udnham, I'll throw $50 into this now.

Just to clarify… when you raise the $850 will you be releasing the software publicly for free? How are you planning to do it?

Thanks for your efforts with this.
Dec 13, 2014, 01:29 AM
Will be also for mlite v2?
Thanks. I will donate 10$.
Dec 13, 2014, 02:48 AM
If you do that and discuss it with your friends, nobody cares, everything´s fine.
If you do this in public, want money from the public, than this is bold ...

best regards
Ferdinand