May 12, 2004, 07:08 PM
Thread OP

Why so little info on Multiplex plane info. Anyone share the Kranich, please?

Hi all

After some 2 incidents, I'm left with minimal bird to play with.

Thinking of getting the MPX Kranich. I have a B507s with 12GP3300 pack, do you think this is overkill?

How do you like this bird?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2004, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
In the threads, it seem pilots are using the word airbrake and spoileron interchangeably with the flap:

Thus far: uncovered version come with aileron only and have instruction for owner to re-trofit the flap for butterfly/crow?

Covered version: Come with aileron and airbrake(the one that pop up vertically) and no flap.

Am I right?
May 13, 2004, 12:28 AM
All your base are belong to us
The devices that pop up out of the wings are spoilers. I know a guy who has a Kranich with spoilers. I thought he had bought them separately and installed them in the plane himself, but since he doesn't have flaps, maybe his is the covered version you mentioned. They seem to work well, but I was watching once when one of them got stuck and he made a hard landing with some damage. Personally, I don't see much point in spoilers if you can have spoilerons. I think they're more appropriate for polyhedral floaters using only rudder and elevator (RES).

Spoilerons are ailerons that can go up together, flaperons are ailerons that can go down together, Butterfly/crow means ailerons up and flaps down, and as far as I'm concerned, "airbrakes" means any of the above.
Latest blog entry: I'll be glad when this is over.
May 14, 2004, 08:22 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
I have found that roll control is a lot better with proper spoilers. I have flown many different aircraft with spoilerons and find that roll control gets quite mushy with spoilerons! I do agree that spoilers are an added complication (especially if they jamb when you need them) but the Multiplex units have quite a good reputation.

However that is only my 2p.

Quick Reply