Jan 18, 2015, 07:40 PM
Great news and great APP.

Tested and working with APM 2.6 and Pixhawk(FTDI Adapter for PX4).

Connectivity with Mission Planner and Droid Planner via your APP for telemetry also worked.

Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHefny View Post
I hope this version meets your expectations. There has been many improvements since the last production version 1.0.21

Many bug fixes that usually stops andruav.

The man new features in FPV is the ability to send Video It is a low rate video only 1 frame per second, but you can increase it from the settings to higher rate based on your mobile network capacity and your mobile bandwidth package.

Please remember that the Data screen can be used to monitor sent and received KBs.

In telemetry section, Andruav can automatically distinguish between Multiwii & MAVlink protocol, and optimize data to give more reliable connections.

Normal USB - FTDI USB - Bluetooth connections are ALL supported.

Best Regards & Fly Safe
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2015, 11:39 PM
MHefny
Thread OP
waw ... I have just published the version and went to sleep and this is tyhe first thing I read in the morning ..... Thank you
Jan 25, 2015, 01:37 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

Version 1.0.31 has been published

This version has only bug fixes for some mobiles that do not have USB support.
Our log error shows some crashes so we fixed these issues.
Feb 03, 2015, 03:26 PM
Just a Brilliant idea, this. I love it. Would love to understand how to connect Mission Planner on PC to it. Propably i'm just too stupid
Last edited by Snebajer1; Feb 04, 2015 at 01:20 AM.
Feb 06, 2015, 09:49 PM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snebajer1 View Post
Just a Brilliant idea, this. I love it. Would love to understand how to connect Mission Planner on PC to it. Propably i'm just too stupid
Hi,
please check this link: http://www.andruav.com/index.php/man...t-in-telemetry
for more details.

I believe it is not your mistake, I need to work on GUI to be more intuitive.

Anyway the main steps:

1- Both mobiles should have same Access Code, & Group ...i.e. they can see each other you can test this using FPV Button and see if they can see each other.

2- for Drone Andruav you can connect to your APM using either Bluetooth or USB, and USB can be USB-0 "not recommended", or USB-2 "Telemetry port"
You press to go to FCB "flight control board" button on Andruav in Drone mode to access BT & USB.

3- for GCS ANdruav go to FCB, here you will find a Server IP address and port, leave them as is and press "on" button, you should see Drone Andruav listed below as an available telemetry client, go and select it.

4- Open Mission Planner and choose TCP connection and connect to GCS IP/Port.
Feb 06, 2015, 09:54 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

Version 1.0.34 has been published

Hi,

This version has a very nice feature. For telemetry when Drone telemetry get disconnected it send notification to GCS mobile telling so, so you know you have trouble in connection.

Name: remoteError_1034.png
Views: 85
Size: 31.7 KB
Description:

It also send you a notification on your GCS andruav telling you Camera cannot be open on Drone Mobile. also camera window is displayed as black background.

Name: backcamera_1034.png
Views: 72
Size: 85.0 KB
Description:

sometimes you need to restart mobile to fix the cam
this is an issue in all previous version, in this version we avoid app crashing, however cam will not open unless you restart the mobile. still working on better fix.
Feb 07, 2015, 03:20 PM
Ah, got it working.
I'd like to help you on the mnenomics in the interface.
I'd also like to help you code, but i don't do Java, sorry.

Let me know.
Feb 07, 2015, 04:40 PM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Ah, got it working.
I'd like to help you on the mnenomics in the interface.
I'd also like to help you code, but i don't do Java, sorry.

Let me know.
Sure yes please ... any comment to enhance GUI is highly appreciated.
Feb 07, 2015, 08:02 PM
Frankly, your approach to the GUI shows, you are a technical person. I respdct that highly. But I think you need to think as a pilot in stead. "This is my gcs, connect. This is my drone, connect. " I think you need to make it more obvious which is the gcs and which is the drone.

I highly value the work you have done so far, and I don't want to sound ungrateful.

My opinion is to make the gui different for the gcs and the drone.
Feb 07, 2015, 08:05 PM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Frankly, your approach to the GUI shows, you are a technical person. I respdct that highly. But I think you need to think as a pilot in stead. "This is my VCs, connect. This is my drone, connect. " I think you need to make it more obvious which is the VCs and which is the drone.
I highly value the work you have done so far, and I don't want to sound ungrateful.

My opinion is to make the gu
I have to thank you for your frank reply. Actually I am eager to hear more from you. Yes my background is developing, that is why I am not that good in GUI, however I believe it is vital part of any successful software.

Please you can share ideas on this group or email me on: mohammad.hefny@gmail.com

Again Thank you very much for your feedback.
Feb 07, 2015, 08:23 PM
Do a wizard:
1 restore last config for this phone.
2 reconfigure, then
A Drone mode
B Gcs mode
Then technical stuff
Feb 07, 2015, 08:28 PM
Not easy to turn it around like this, a realize that.
Just being frank. :-)y
Feb 13, 2015, 12:01 AM
MHefny
Thread OP

GUI Update

Quote:
Not easy to turn it around like this, a realize that.
Just being frank. :-)y
I updated the Telemetry of GSC abit. as pilots somtimes forget the sequence, now they can see drones clearly and select it. Even if they forget to press on/off to activate the server it will work. I left the On/Off button in case they wanted to change the port.
Name: GCS_Telemetry_active1038.png
Views: 96
Size: 40.8 KB
Description: Name: GCS_Telemetry_1038.png
Views: 79
Size: 40.7 KB
Description:
This is a beta version in beta group 1.0.38
Feb 20, 2015, 09:18 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

Camera Issue

Hi,

There is an issue most of us may find on Android. Which is camera sometimes hanges and you need to restart your mobile.

I looked deeply in this issue, with no hope untill I found this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...4-4-4-t2871986

a process called mm-qcamera-daemon that is responsible for camera, has an internal issue.

I will keep you updated with more info as soon as I get.

Best Regards,
Andruav
Feb 21, 2015, 12:39 AM
MHefny
Thread OP

Android version 4.4.3 - Camera Issue

Hopefully camera issue will be solved soon
Android 4.4.3
3. Android 4.4.3 - This is the last fix — wait for the new Android 4.4.3 update. Google has found a patch to this bug and is expected to release the KitKat update anytime now. but please note, Google has only promised to fix this for the Nexus family of devices. As for users on the official KitKat update on the Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 etc. should contact their OEM for a quick fix. Samsung is known for their slow roll out of updates, but we hope they are quick enough to release the patch as soon as Google does it.

Quick Reply