Oct 10, 2015, 07:45 AM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy
I'm thinking this would be perfect for ground FPV where frame rate, frame hangs, "dropped calls" and so on are not really that concerning.

Ground FPV is very challenging due to all the obstacles. The vehicle doesn't need to move very fast, but having real, solid, high quality audio is very important for situational awareness and for interacting with people you may meet when out roaming around.

Has anybody tried this for ground FPV? Or even in flight yet?
Ppl reportied flying with it. If u fly uav and long range Andruav is a perfect solution. If u can have wifi access then andruav sends video frames locally not through internet and then u can increase frame rate to a much better quality.
Till now no audio is transferred ... but could be added later.
Thanks for the feedback.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2015, 05:22 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

version 1.0.91

Mainly this version is GUI enhancements:

FPV:
- Video Resolution: can be selected from the settings. Please note that you need to try and reach the most suitable resolution based on your network. Please note that if Drone & GCS is on the same LAN Drone will send video using LAN and not through Internet to enable you to save payable bandwidth as well as increase frame rate.
- FPS field has been added to screen in GCS FPV.
- Video Indicator: When Drone is sending video, and on screen "Video" label appears.
- FCB-IMU: When Drone is connected to FC, it. sends the FCB IMU data not mobile IMU data.--this is an old feature- the new is that the GCS will display data on FPV screen in Yellow to tell you that this is a FC borad data not Drone mobile IMU data.

Map:
Location Accuracy: a circle appears, and moves around the drone to shaw location accuracy based on GPS reading. It was existed but bale and has some bugs. now should be fixed.
Altitude values: Fix of max altitude value in Map.
Follow Drone: when a drone is selected the map follows it to keep it in center always. Please note that the info popup data will not be updated unless u click it each time. This is planned to be updated in later version.
Nov 30, 2015, 02:39 AM
MHefny
Thread OP

version 2.0.0

Some Fixes:

- Fix bug "No Internet Connection" when using pure Data SIM
- Fix "Unavailable Internet" when activating Telemetry TCP on Andruav GCS while Tethering.
- Fix Automatic detection of Naze32 & MW when connected to USB.

and the main feature is:

PIXHAWK USB issue has been SOLVED
Nov 30, 2015, 11:09 PM

Pixhawk USB

Love v2.0 The Pixhawk USB connection works great. Now I don' t need to connect by Bluetooth on the drone. Well done. Looking forward to a long range test.
Dec 02, 2015, 07:48 PM
Creator of Wiggly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Fufkin
Love v2.0 The Pixhawk USB connection works great. Now I don' t need to connect by Bluetooth on the drone. Well done. Looking forward to a long range test.
Hey Marty, what build do you have (I am guessing with Pixhawk)? Also, how reliable do you find the USB connection to be?
Cheers,
Dec 09, 2015, 02:59 AM
MHefny
Thread OP

version 2.0.01

Hi,
Andruav version 2.0.01 have been released.

It allows saving Video as .mp4 file.

Files are stored in \AndruavKML\[Trip Folder]\Video

Name: MP4.png
Views: 37
Size: 593.9 KB
Description:

Icon Name: video_recording_enabled_32x32.png
Views: 39
Size: 1.6 KB
Description: means that Drone mobile can record video. Not all mobiles can, it needs to be Jelly Beans or above.

Icon Name: video_recording_active_32x32.png
Views: 29
Size: 1.6 KB
Description: means saving Video now on Drone mobile.

Icon Name: video_recording_disabled_32x32.png
Views: 33
Size: 1.5 KB
Description: means that the device does not record video either because device capabilities or because it is a GCS mobile.

Note: Different Drones in your fleet can Record Video , as they store data in their memory.

File Path: \\AndruavKML\[Trip Folder]\Video
Dec 27, 2015, 09:03 PM
Greetings MHefny.

I am most certainly going to be flying this soon. This looks pretty extraordinary and maybe the best re-purposing of an android phone I have seen.

I plan to put this on an APM quad and the Android watch also looks promising. Do you think we could use 1080 Wifi cameras controlled by the the airborne android? I expect that would not be so easy as the it would probably be camera-specific.

Anyhow, just having long range telemetry and control is interesting enough in its own right.

I have considered using a servo tilt mechanism on an android phone with a tilt camera. I have seen 13 Megapixel cameras on some phones but they are not so cheap, It would be nice to take photos straight down, and forward, and all angles in between.

This one caught my eye. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-N1mini-...UAAOSwLVZVnvBR

Will see how well it works with something cheaper first.
Dec 28, 2015, 07:36 AM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
Greetings MHefny.

I am most certainly going to be flying this soon. This looks pretty extraordinary and maybe the best re-purposing of an android phone I have seen.

I plan to put this on an APM quad and the Android watch also looks promising. Do you think we could use 1080 Wifi cameras controlled by the the airborne android? I expect that would not be so easy as the it would probably be camera-specific.

Anyhow, just having long range telemetry and control is interesting enough in its own right.

I have considered using a servo tilt mechanism on an android phone with a tilt camera. I have seen 13 Megapixel cameras on some phones but they are not so cheap, It would be nice to take photos straight down, and forward, and all angles in between.

This one caught my eye. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-N1mini-...UAAOSwLVZVnvBR

Will see how well it works with something cheaper first.

Thank you very much for using Andruav and your feedback
Please let me know if you need any help or support, to facilitate your mission.

Best Regards,
MHefny
Jan 04, 2016, 11:41 AM

powering APM

As I found out new APM 's can't be powered by usb and power module simultaneously. how can I solve this problem if I want to get telemetry via andruav and I use power module to monitor voltage?
Jan 05, 2016, 05:48 AM
MHefny
Thread OP

BT Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalelevose
As I found out new APM 's can't be powered by usb and power module simultaneously. how can I solve this problem if I want to get telemetry via andruav and I use power module to monitor voltage?
The easiest way to connect APM / PIXHAWK is to use telemetry port via a BlueTooth module.

Just make sure that BT module baud rate is set correctly with Telemetry Port .

Best Regards
Jan 07, 2016, 09:56 AM
MHefny
Thread OP

version 2.0.9

version 2.0.9

- RCSettings have been moved to Drone except Return to Center check box.
Now each drone has its own RCSetting ranges. while the modes and "Return To Center" is set in GCS mobiles. That mans that your GCS remote is universal and can control different vehicle without resetting.

- Video Streaming enhancement to handle jetting happens on slow connections.
Jan 16, 2016, 06:45 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

version 2.0.21

1- New FPV Layout
two battery info for Mobile and FCB APM are displayed.
Name: Drone FPV Layout.png
Views: 43
Size: 53.6 KB
Description: New Layout for FPV

Name: FPV Screen on GCS.png
Views: 52
Size: 113.0 KB
Description:

2- Display FPV video on MAP Screen

Name: Video Streaming on MAP.png
Views: 38
Size: 267.3 KB
Description: Image on the left is the video, while the right is the camera snapshot. A camera icon is placed on the map showing image capture location.

3- some waypoint display fixes for APM & Pixhawk
Feb 20, 2016, 12:29 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

Andruav APM How To Video

Drone Control Over 4g Internet Unlimited Telemetry Apm/Pixhawk With Andruav!! (12 min 19 sec)
Feb 25, 2016, 08:32 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
- Subscribed -
Mar 16, 2016, 12:14 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

version 2.0.56

This is a Major Version.

Andruav now supports mobiles with Android version 4.1 or higher Only.

New features in this version is Video Streaming Plus
Name: Screenshot_2016-03-16-18-50-06.png
Views: 36
Size: 250.4 KB
Description: Enabling Video Streaming Plus.
It allows very smooth and higher resolution streaming when GCS & Drone are on the same LAN, and much better response time and streaming quality over Internet.

you can enable/disable this feature from the settings. Please note that some mobiles does not properly run this feature.

The second feature is Integrating with 3DR Services.
Name: Screenshot_2016-03-16-18-50-26.png
Views: 42
Size: 175.0 KB
Description: 3DR Service Integration.
Now you can connect using BT, USB, TCP & UDP
Now you can integrate with your APM using native connection or 3DR Service.

3DR Service will be supported more in future, and grantee smooth connection and compatibility and supports SOLO as well.
Name: 3DR.png
Views: 40
Size: 79.1 KB
Description:
Now you can connect using BT, USB, TCP & UDP.

Native connection vs 3DR:

Name: Screenshot_2016-03-16-18-50-34.png
Views: 42
Size: 185.7 KB
Description:

Native connection is used when you use Andruav as a Telemetry to connect it to Mission Planner or Tower. But when using Andruav GCS as your final ground station, then 3DR Service based connection is your choice.

Quick Reply