Nov 21, 2021, 11:35 AM
Durability Tester
I think im getting somewhere, if I start up the pixhawk and try and connect the phone on the drone to it, it fails with the mavlink 2 error message. but if i connect mission planner first then disconnect and connect the phone the mavlink 2 error goes away and everything works fine.

so i think there is some command missing that has to be sent to the pixhawk to enable the mavlink messages its looking for.

I have tried 4 times now and its repeatable, i can get a perfect connection if i first connect with mission planner directly then disconnect and reconect with andruav in the middle. but mavlink 2 error if i try and connect via andruav first.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2021, 09:23 PM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis
I think im getting somewhere, if I start up the pixhawk and try and connect the phone on the drone to it, it fails with the mavlink 2 error message. but if i connect mission planner first then disconnect and connect the phone the mavlink 2 error goes away and everything works fine.

so i think there is some command missing that has to be sent to the pixhawk to enable the mavlink messages its looking for.

I have tried 4 times now and its repeatable, i can get a perfect connection if i first connect with mission planner directly then disconnect and reconect with andruav in the middle. but mavlink 2 error if i try and connect via andruav first.
I need to check this. I will try to reproduce this scenario to solve it.
Nov 25, 2021, 09:25 PM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
That was a fun 20 minutes. Back to this again
This particular message means that the traffic is not Mavlink v2. This is still a new feature that I added recently. and I also notice it sometimes appears to me with no good reason. I am working on it.
Nov 26, 2021, 07:44 AM
Durability Tester
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHefny
This particular message means that the traffic is not Mavlink v2. This is still a new feature that I added recently. and I also notice it sometimes appears to me with no good reason. I am working on it.

I think how you are looking for the mavlink 2 packet is causing the issue. as I said in my previous post, the error only happens if i connect to the pixhawk via andruav first, if i connect with the laptop direct to the bluetooth or TCP first then disconnect and reconnect andruav in the middle to the same connection it works every time. so i believe the packet you're looking for is only sent after the telemetry connection has been initialized.
Last edited by geofrancis; Nov 26, 2021 at 08:32 AM.
Nov 27, 2021, 09:39 AM
Durability Tester
you can use a bat file to launch the web plugin rather than having to open cmd and type each time
Last edited by geofrancis; Nov 28, 2021 at 02:44 PM.
Nov 30, 2021, 08:04 AM
Durability Tester
you should put some posts up at https://discuss.ardupilot.org/ where the audience is a little more focused.
Nov 30, 2021, 05:06 PM
MHefny
Thread OP

cloud.ardupilot.org Ardupilot Andruav_AP

Quote:
you should put some posts up at https://discuss.ardupilot.org/ where the audience is a little more focused.
Well I have related news. Very Good New I Guess

Ardupilot is in process of adpoting Andruav as clould.ardupilot.com
The current version is identical to the current Andruav version. But this is going to change very soon and I believe within few months AP will take Andruav to a new domain

Please Join Testing

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/arudpilot.andruav
Dec 01, 2021, 10:39 AM
Durability Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHefny
Well I have related news. Very Good New I Guess

Ardupilot is in process of adpoting Andruav as clould.ardupilot.com
The current version is identical to the current Andruav version. But this is going to change very soon and I believe within few months AP will take Andruav to a new domain

Please Join Testing

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/arudpilot.andruav
Excellent news. Were you able to replicate my connection issue ?
Dec 06, 2021, 06:58 AM
Durability Tester
I ran into a small issue when using the webplugin with mission planner, basically if the browser crashes you loose control of the vehicle. it would be much safer to have a standalone app or plugin that can run independently of the browser.
Dec 06, 2021, 07:41 AM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
I ran into a small issue when using the webplugin with mission planner, basically if the browser crashes you loose control of the vehicle. it would be much safer to have a standalone app or plugin that can run independently of the browser.
I agree. In near future there might be a plugin built-in in Mission Planner.
Dec 06, 2021, 07:42 AM
MHefny
Thread OP
Quote:
Excellent news. Were you able to replicate my connection issue ?
Sorry for late reply. Sorry I havent tested it yet as I was involved in another issue. I should do it this week.

Thanks
Dec 11, 2021, 08:46 AM
Durability Tester
is there any way to keep the screen off to save power, I noticed the fpv wont work once the screen is off and the screen on the s4 im using uses a lot of power. its one of the few phones that can be modified to use OTG and charge and can be picked up with a cracked screen for peanuts. I tried before connecting a usb 1s charger directly to the battery but the phone measures how much power has came from the battery pins but it would still shut down.

I am connecting to the pixhawk directly using usb from the phone, for the simple reason that I am running out of serial ports on my pixhawk, with esc telemetry, sonars, radar, they run out fast. It also has the added benefit of the phone battery will power both the phone and the pixhawk for around an hour so it also works as a final backup battery to keep the boat alive.
Last edited by geofrancis; Dec 12, 2021 at 07:00 AM.
Dec 11, 2021, 02:24 PM
Durability Tester
My more or less waterproof s4 .

Well that was a fail, wireless chanrging and OTG was a no go. turns out i need to add a resistor 64.9k resistor to the OTG cable so it goes into dock mode, that way it will accept a charge via USB and work in OTG mode rather than trying to power the devices. It also means it won't run the pixhawk from the phone battery if power goes offline, doesn't matter there is another backup battery for that.
Last edited by geofrancis; Dec 12, 2021 at 06:59 AM.
Dec 12, 2021, 04:38 PM
Durability Tester
Success 2x 30k resistors and 2x 10k resistors to give 65k. The value to get dock mode depends on your phone. It can now connect and charge at the same time.
Last edited by geofrancis; Dec 12, 2021 at 08:35 PM.
Dec 12, 2021, 06:33 PM
Durability Tester
Its setup and running a 48 hour long duration test.

Quick Reply