Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 07, 2014, 12:52 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Circuit diagram for multiwiv2.3

Can anyone plz help regarding the circuit diagram for the multiwii 2.3
My project is on a tricopter using arduino uno and gyro gy-521 as flight controller for the tricopter
Can anyone tell me wheather it is even possible to use such a controller for a tri, if it is plz help me with the circuit diagram.
The gyro seems to be working when i used the circuit diagram given in the attachment in the win gui..
Can anyone help me with the circuit diagram?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2014, 07:08 AM
I found this image of the Gy-521 and placed it in your diagram but I have not tested it. I am not sure about the Gy-521 "INT" pin. Doesn't seem like it should go to pin 2. I also haven't been able to find out if it needs a logic level converter or if it can be directly connected to the Arduino as shown.

Sounds like a logic level converter might be a good idea. Found this info here..."Based on what I have read online and what I saw on my tests, the 3.3V SDA / SCL lines of the IMU work fine connected directly to the corresponding Arduino 5V I2C pins. If you want to be absolutely safe, you could use a level shifter, voltage divider, or an inline 10k resistor to protect the MPU6050 I2C lines. I opted for simplicity over safety, in my set-up and (so far) all is well."

Looks like this guy doesn't have the INT pin connected to anything...
Multiwii test with gy521/mpu6050 using Arduino UNO (2 min 3 sec)
Last edited by RCvertt; Dec 07, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
Dec 07, 2014, 09:10 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
This should work since MW2.3 code does support Tri-copter and any of the MWC boards are based on a Arduino with sensors added.
For better help on this go to the MultiWii forum (goggle this to find it) and then search that forum for: The Arduino, the Sensors and Tri-copter.
All of these topics have been posted and discussed on that forum many times.
Dec 07, 2014, 05:33 PM
Gyro, SimonK n call it a day:)
It can be done I believe I used resistors to bring the 5v to 3.3v for the MPU6050. It worked perfect but I would use a logic converter for reliability purposes.
Dec 07, 2014, 06:08 PM
Nice lockwood. Did you leave the INT pin disconnected?
Dec 07, 2014, 07:29 PM
Yes RCvertt, I believe all I used was SCL, SDA. ( The build is about a year old)I also daisy chained a MS5611 baro off of the XCL,XDA of the GY521 which worked mechanically perfect. MW code for baro is less than desirable IMO though. I ran 2.1 on it and it handled just as well as any MWC FC I have purchased.
Dec 07, 2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info. Haven't played with a mag or baro yet. I may get there some day. Mag calibration will have to be automatic for me though. I'm not spinning any of my quads by hand for manual calibration nonsense.
Dec 09, 2014, 01:49 AM
Thread OP
We have connected arduino and mpu6050 and flashed with multiwii 2.3 and able to read sensor reading on Win GUI thanks for help..... But now we want to connect esc servo pins to arduino and recierver the above diagram is valid for multiwii 1,9...and we are using multiwii 2.3 don't know above diagram is suitable for multiwii 2.3 or not plz help with it.....and thanks in advance
Dec 09, 2014, 04:05 PM
Sounds good. (2.3) code says the diagram is good for the ESC's and servo. Solder up the receiver pins and you'll find out soon enough if those are correct as well. Who is "we"?
Last edited by RCvertt; Dec 09, 2014 at 04:30 PM.
Dec 10, 2014, 06:16 AM
Thread OP
Its me and my team we are working on tricopter for mechanical engineering college project....
Unable to find circuit diagram help required.......
Dec 10, 2014, 06:18 AM
Thread OP
Should I connect esc's and servo pins from above diagram??? And if yes , what is mode pin on reciever?
Dec 10, 2014, 02:01 PM
You should be fine with the diagram. When you upload the multi win sketch you can verify it but I'm positive that those pins are accurate for tri. The mode is equivalent to a gear switch I believe. If your bread boarding it just have at it
Dec 11, 2014, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmay13
...mechanical engineering college project...
Sounds like fun. For college I imagine you're going to use rocket thrusters or something instead of props.

Mode switch is also called the 5th channel. Your transmitter may call it the "flap" switch as well. MultiWii calls it "Aux1".
Dec 13, 2014, 09:05 AM
Thread OP
No off course we are using propellers 😂 ..... We are gonna intigrate it with some small mechanisms like weight lifting and still thinking on ideas.....
Dec 14, 2014, 04:49 PM
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes if you can.
Last edited by RCvertt; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:58 AM.

Quick Reply