May 12, 2004, 01:49 AM
Thread OP

Falcon 1.9 g receiver

I checked Falcons site today and dont see their new receiver even listed anymore. Any new Info on the receiver?
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2004, 09:04 AM
Team 30 Micro EDF
That's a drag. I hope they pulled it to keep from getting so many pre-orders...
May 12, 2004, 12:19 PM
Thread OP
I hope so too. I would e-mail them but I dont want to keep bugging them.
Jul 14, 2004, 02:45 PM
Oxford Panic
What ever happened to this????

Is it dead?

Andy.
Jul 14, 2004, 03:15 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
From correspondence I've had with Falcon I do not believe this RX is dead. There was a problem with sourcing one of the components from the manufacturer. They told me they hoped to have the RX in time for the indoor season, which would imply this coming fall. But, that was a few months back that I last talked to them about this. I still think it is coming out. But some components are made to order and have a lead time measured in several months or more. There is not much that can be done about that.

Gordon
Jul 14, 2004, 08:45 PM
Thread OP
Yayyyyy!!
I thought it was another vaper ware thing. Great to hear it is still in the works.
Rob
Aug 12, 2004, 03:59 PM

Falcon Rx

The new Falcon Rx should be available in a few weeks.I have seen and tested it and it should compliment the Falcon servo's extremely well.One interesting thing is it will be available as a brick with two servo's-total weight including the servos ~5.5g. No more rats nest wiring.As Falcon are trying to gauge the demand for the brick it might be worth emailing them with your interest.
DrChris
Aug 12, 2004, 04:02 PM
high-speed freak
the brick sounds cool...
Aug 12, 2004, 04:43 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
great idea! I'm in!!
Aug 12, 2004, 06:04 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
The brick takes away a bunch of flexibility. I had a 3 channel brick of RX and 2 servos built into a single unit way back when. It was ok as long as there was plenty of room. If it don't fit...it don't fit. You can't change the relationship between the parts. Failure of a single piece breaks the whole thing..I'd rather deal with wires..
Aug 12, 2004, 10:23 PM
Flying Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius
The brick takes away a bunch of flexibility. I had a 3 channel brick of RX and 2 servos built into a single unit way back when. It was ok as long as there was plenty of room. If it don't fit...it don't fit. You can't change the relationship between the parts. Failure of a single piece breaks the whole thing..I'd rather deal with wires..
Ditto
At least then I can make the wires as short as possible and not have to send the whole unit for repair if I strip a servo.

I vote for separate components but in a flight kit/package consisting of Rx with 2 or 3 servos. Here's a business tip for an automatic upsell: make it an Rx and 3 servos. People will still buy it even if they only need two servos because they will just think of it as a backup servo.

I'm in for an Rx with three separate servos.
Aug 12, 2004, 10:56 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
I flew a KP-2B 2 channel 'brick' in the 70's and it had a lot of appeal. It flew in a lot of gliders and power planes. If you are talking about updating this idea into simple 5.5 gram, 3-channel system with 2 servos and built-in ESC, you have very attractive package. Plug in the motor, hook-up two push rods, plug in the battery and fly. Price it at $150 and sell a ton of 'em. They could have the RX on the back, 2 servos on the top, and not be as big as a bare RFFS. If you have prototypes, I have some peanuts to put one in...

As far as putting all 3 servos in a brick, that might work for some situations, but it would be a bust in most other situations. If you mount them in line, it is too long for peanuts, side-by-side is short enough but too wide for some, getting the aileron servo hooked up is hard for everyone...

For more than simple r/e or a/e control, a simple plug-in in the RX and seperate servos is most flexible. Making a balsa mounting pad for the servos is pretty trivial, and the separate RX is useful as balast after the servos have been built in.
Sep 25, 2004, 08:51 AM
I just clicked onto the Falcon site, and guess what??????

Peter
Sep 25, 2004, 09:24 AM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Very Cute. ~ $142 makes it not too steep...
Sep 25, 2004, 09:47 AM
high-speed freak
does it bug anyone that they are promoting the brick when the rx itself is still not avaiable? I think I ordered mine a year ago, don't even remember if I was charged.

Quick Reply