SJCam SJ5000 ***Owners Thread*** - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 11, 2014, 02:00 PM
Closed Account
Maldives 2014 recorded using SJ4000 underwater (3 min 33 sec)

SJ5000+ Under sea with waterproof case 1080p 60fps (0 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Maximilionalpha; Dec 11, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2014, 03:27 PM
@Maximilionalpha
It's not real SJ5000, not made by SJCAM.
Dec 11, 2014, 04:04 PM
I agree with Firebird_PL, except for the second video (authentic without trademark).
Dec 12, 2014, 08:04 AM
Mtz, can you confirm that the camera can shoot FullHd's and make fotos at the same time, the feature that Gopro has
Dec 13, 2014, 04:18 AM
mtz,

thx for the footage of the sjcam sj5000, really helpful.

does anyone know where the best place is to buy this camera. I saw that some members can give a promotion code when you buy the camera at gearbest, but i don't know this webshop. thx
Dec 14, 2014, 04:56 AM
Welcome all of you, as this is mine first post here.

I get also the SJCAM SJ5000plus in Poland, but mine software version is 1.0

@Mtz: How you get yours 1.2 software version?

I will also try to upload some videos during next week.

thanks
Dec 14, 2014, 05:10 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Congrtulations! Test camera at least one day and then contact me by private messages if you want to update. The firmware I have is beta and I think is not correct to offer public links.

@rank, I already answered about shutter button which is only creating some beep when long pressing during video recording, but no picture created.

The Android application of SJ5000+ is interesting because when camera is in Photo mode it can start recording video, not needed to go back in video mode. But pictures during recording cannot be created from smartphone application too.

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Dec 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
Dec 14, 2014, 05:11 AM
@zierniol : expect stable releases...
Dec 14, 2014, 05:31 AM
Mtz
Mtz

Sj5000+

Anoher special conditions from the same offroad conditions with sun directly into the lens:

SJ5000+ sunset front wild road 1080p 60fps (2 min 3 sec)

Too see is not SJ5000+ fault look at the same recording but created by another camera which is prepared for dashcam conditions with more brightness added by default in camera firmware:

Mini 0806 sunset front wild road 1080p 30fps (2 min 6 sec)

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Dec 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
Dec 14, 2014, 05:38 AM
Thank you
Dec 14, 2014, 05:56 AM
HI.

I only have a sj4000wifi, I pointed it at the sky while dark and on the photo is NO stars.

Can the sj5000 capture stars?
Dec 14, 2014, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prutser123
does anyone know where the best place is to buy this camera. I saw that some members can give a promotion code when you buy the camera at gearbest, but i don't know this webshop. thx
I pre-ordered mine from Foxoffer.com. It's supposed the be one of the places where you are guaranteed to get authentic SJCAM products. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for me getting the camera before 2015 as they keep promising SJ5000 Plus will ship within days and it never does.

By the way, 'pre-sale' isn't a familiar concept to me. Does it mean that the ones who pre-order the product will get the first batch while others have to wait for the actual release? Is a pre-sale product inferior to the product that will be on sale when the actual release happens?
Dec 14, 2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerman82
I pre-ordered mine from Foxoffer.com. It's supposed the be one of the places where you are guaranteed to get authentic SJCAM products. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for me getting the camera before 2015 as they keep promising SJ5000 Plus will ship within days and it never does.

By the way, 'pre-sale' isn't a familiar concept to me. Does it mean that the ones who pre-order the product will get the first batch while others have to wait for the actual release? Is a pre-sale product inferior to the product that will be on sale when the actual release happens?
What are they quoting for shipment date? I really need a cam for my 1-5-2015 Hawaii trip !!

bob
Dec 14, 2014, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr
What are they quoting for shipment date? I really need a cam for my 1-5-2015 Hawaii trip !!
They don't have a shipment date. At first they (Foxoffer) had something like "will ship in 10 to 15 days" but now, around the same time that SJCAM added "We have now stopped pre-sale" in SJ5000 Plus' product page, they don't even have a product page for it. I contacted them and they said that the cam would ship this week but the week is over and my order is still "processing". I have read something about SJCAM not having a finished firmware for SJ5000 Plus and that this might be causing the delay. As shipment from Asia (unless it's a very fast delivery method) can take up to 3 weeks to reach my country and as there will be added delays in delivery because of the Christmas traffic, I guess I will lucky to get the cam before the actual, not the pre-sale, release of this model.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerman82
They don't have a shipment date. At first they (Foxoffer) had something like "will ship in 10 to 15 days" but now, around the same time that SJCAM added "We have now stopped pre-sale" in SJ5000 Plus' product page, they don't even have a product page for it. I contacted them and they said that the cam would ship this week but the week is over and my order is still "processing". I have read something about SJCAM not having a finished firmware for SJ5000 Plus and that this might be causing the delay. As shipment from Asia (unless it's a very fast delivery method) can take up to 3 weeks to reach my country and as there will be added delays in delivery because of the Christmas traffic, I guess I will lucky to get the cam before the actual, not the pre-sale, release of this model.
Might have to go for a 4000, then.

bob

Quick Reply