This thread is privately moderated by gva1956, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 03, 2014, 02:04 PM
Trader Rating: 165
Thread OP
$795.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

For Meca Members, Rare 5 Cylinder Radial Nitro Os 60 Open Push Rods Engine

It is made up from 5 OS FS-60 model 1602 engines. It was going to be produced by Elmer Good who was a staunch supporter of quarter scale back in the early 1980's. He was assisted by Garold Frymire of Fryco Engineering who is well known for his FRYPANS which have set so many world records in tether car racing. It was Frymire's invaluable knowledge of the gears and their specifications would enable them to make this engine a reliable success. The engine was made to swing a 24x10 prop at 6500 rpm. This engine has a lite coating of oil on it. It is missing one push rod and it does not turn over by hand and I know not to try to turn it over by any other means. This information comes from an issue of Model Builder magazine along with photos and the winning bidder will also get that magazine along with the engine. I know I do not ever remember seeing any ads for this rare engine and doubt it ever went into production since at the time the price was going to be in the $1400 range back in the early 80's.
I am asking $795 with free priority mail insured within the USof A and no PP fees.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2014, 03:38 PM
Trader Rating: 21
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL piece of model engine history!
Dec 03, 2014, 11:53 PM
Trader Rating: 14
Why is the exhaust ring on the intake side? I am just asking because I found it to be odd
Dec 04, 2014, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Look again at the photos, that is not the exhaust ring it is the intake ring.
Each cylinder has its own short exhaust pipe.
Dec 04, 2014, 12:36 PM
Trader Rating: 93
He reversed the exhaust and intakes so it will run backwards and thus forwards for the prop. Did not realize the pushrods can be reversed!
Dec 04, 2014, 04:22 PM
Thread OP
Only adds to how unique this engine is. The article does talk about the RPM and prop size it does swing.
Dec 10, 2014, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
Due to lack of interest I am closing this thread.

Quick Reply