Basher BSR BZ-888

Basher BSR BZ-888

A race-ready 1/8th scale 4wd buggy

New from the Basher design team at Hobbyking, the BSR BZ-888 is a 4wd 1/8th scale buggy that's reported as being "truly race ready 1/8 scale buggy straight out of the box." The BZ-888 features a low profile cab-forward body, big bore aluminum shocks, oil filled metal gear differentials, a 3mm thick aluminum chassis, and beefy front and rear arms with camber links to dial in your suspension tuning.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Basher BSR BZ-888

Features include:

• 4WD with soild Shaft Drive system
  • Front/Center/Rear Metal Gear Diff.
  • 18mm aluminum adjustable big bore shocks
  • Fully adjustable chassis for precision set-up
  • 2 x 2s side by side battery layout for perfect weight distribution
  • Full ball bearing supported drive train
  • Front CVD drive shaft for smooth action
  • Hard coated 3mm aluminum alloy chassis
  • 4mm aluminum front and rear shock tower
  • One-piece aluminum motor mount for better heat dissipation
  • 100A waterproof brushless ESC with a 3665 size 1965KV brushless motor
  • 15kg standard size steering servo for better steer support
  • Front and rear stabilizer set
  • 17mm Hex, fit for all 1/8 wheels
  • 43mm front and rear pre-glued buggy tires

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 03, 2014 at 09:18 AM..
Dec 03, 2014, 11:01 AM
speed-boater
Very interesting.

It looks like HK uses a lot of parts from the Sabertooth.
And for the first time you can get Titanium and Carbon Fibre HopUps.
YouŽll find them clicking the small "8" just above the Basher Nitro Circus 1:16 in the spare parts section - very funny listing.

But this body is so ugly
Dec 04, 2014, 10:53 AM
Did I make the A Main?
isn't this a rebrand from Team C?
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71

I wonder if parts are compatible and/or a scaled back or earlier version perhaps?
Dec 06, 2014, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong View Post
isn't this a rebrand from Team C?
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71

I wonder if parts are compatible and/or a scaled back or earlier version perhaps?
Looks like a copy, but battery tray, motor mount, shocks, C-hubs...ect are different. Parts may be interchangeable , but not the same buggy
Dec 08, 2014, 04:48 PM
hi rbachmann,

could you please give the full url for the spare parts(hopups) thank you.
Dec 09, 2014, 12:56 PM
speed-boater
Sure - but meanwhile HK corrected that hidden link and you will find it in the spare parts list.

Here we go -> https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ggy_Parts.html
Dec 09, 2014, 01:05 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbachmann View Post
Sure - but meanwhile HK corrected that hidden link and you will find it in the spare parts list.

Here we go -> https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ggy_Parts.html
Good find!
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Dec 10, 2014, 01:30 PM
jd3
jd3
Does anyone have one yet? Im thinking about snagging one after Christmas.
Dec 12, 2014, 11:23 PM
thank you for the reply.
I will get one too but waiting a review..especially from RC playground then I will decide.
Dec 13, 2014, 01:13 AM
I wish HK USA would get spare parts for this buggy and the Sabertooth. Shipping is ridiculous from their Intl location. Looks like a solid buggy.
Last edited by lightrules; Dec 13, 2014 at 02:39 AM.
Dec 14, 2014, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsstart78 View Post
thank you for the reply.
I will get one too but waiting a review..especially from RC playground then I will decide.
I'm sure it going to as tough as the SaberTooth, is the same layout, but smaller. I was going to get one, but I barley use my 1/8 buggy now.
Dec 15, 2014, 12:11 AM
jd3
jd3
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsstart78 View Post
thank you for the reply.
Yeah I haven't been able to find any reviews on it yet either. Hopefully folks will get some for Christmas and throw up some reviews after then.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:27 AM
Just took mine out for a hardish bash at a bmx track, but I had to cut short .....

Firstly, the motor came loose, I tightened every bolt I could get to, but this one I didn't as the battery tray needed to come out... sods law it came loose.

Secondly, I also broke the upper deck where it supports the steering rack somehow, although I didnt notice until I got home and it also looks like it wasn't fitted in the car correctly to begin with, whcih I didnt see as the motor wires hide the issue.

I also bent the front shock tower, this might of done the upperdeck too, although I don't remember having a heavy hit.... still its pretty soft and I'll be ordering the uprated metal one.

Also the body is total garbage, it shattered on the first roll along with one of the rear wing attachment things which are crappy plastic, will need to find some higher quality ones.

All the main stuff, a-arms, diffs, shocks, etc seem solid and I like the layout, so with a few minor mods I think this will be great.

http://imgur.com/a/PxvLr#rR0Iwm8
Dec 19, 2014, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsy View Post
Just took mine out for a hardish bash at a bmx track, but I had to cut short .....

Firstly, the motor came loose, I tightened every bolt I could get to, but this one I didn't as the battery tray needed to come out... sods law it came loose.

Secondly, I also broke the upper deck where it supports the steering rack somehow, although I didnt notice until I got home and it also looks like it wasn't fitted in the car correctly to begin with, whcih I didnt see as the motor wires hide the issue.

I also bent the front shock tower, this might of done the upperdeck too, although I don't remember having a heavy hit.... still its pretty soft and I'll be ordering the uprated metal one.

Also the body is total garbage, it shattered on the first roll along with one of the rear wing attachment things which are crappy plastic, will need to find some higher quality ones.

All the main stuff, a-arms, diffs, shocks, etc seem solid and I like the layout, so with a few minor mods I think this will be great.

http://imgur.com/a/PxvLr#rR0Iwm8
Here's a pic of my brace I made from RC8 parts. I have this installed on my saberttooth. But I'm sure it would work on your 888.

Dec 20, 2014, 03:43 PM
Something interesting happened when I was getting ready to run the car. I took my brand new, fully charged lipo batteries that I bought with the car and was about hook everything up to calibrate the esc before its first run. Then I hooked the batteries together.. There was a huge, pretty blue spark. Luckily, I was able to pull the batteries apart pretty quickly. The connectors on the batteries ended up completely burnt up at the negative terminals.

I had some ec5 connectors on hand so I went ahead and soldered the new connectors on the batteries and esc. The batteries seemed to have survived the short as well. A good thing about the ec5 connectors is that I wont be able to connect the batteries together again.

The first run was quite a lot of fun. Nothing broke on the model. The lexan shell was getting caught on the linkage to the steering servo made a clacking sound. I little trim off the shell will fix this. Another thing Ive has to fix has been the glue on the tires. It's a very nice model.
Last edited by Mattacks; May 26, 2016 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply