Dec 03, 2014, 02:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Storm Racing Drone Type-A sold by HeliPal.com

I wanted to see if anyone here on RC Groups had heard anything about the Storm Racing Drone Type-A sold by HeliPal.com? I've scoured the internet through multiple Google searches and I cannot find anything about it or any reviews outside what the HeliPal.com site has to offer. I'd anyone has information on how this quad flies, stable hover, GPS functionality, FPV quality, camera quality, build quality, electrical component quality, etc. I'd appreciate it.

http://www.helipal.com/storm-racing-...tf-type-a.html

Thank you!
Last edited by Darth Grillo; Dec 03, 2014 at 02:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2014, 09:10 AM
The frame is the Emax 250 Pro, although it looks like they omit the anti vibration camera mount. It's most likely the 2204 Bundle Kit: http://www.emaxmodel.com/views.asp?hw_id=1536

We sell the bundle packaged with our Acro boards instead of the CC3D

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2279376

You'll find other build threads in the first post above.
Dec 08, 2014, 10:30 PM
The 3D Printing Man
I ordered one. I'll let you know what I think of it. I may have to do a review on it.
Dec 09, 2014, 03:00 PM
Pretty cool RTF deal for a mini racer quad. I'll be interested to read your review, ddierking.
Dec 10, 2014, 08:27 PM
The 3D Printing Man
I received the Storm racing drone today from Helipal. I can' t believe how fast I received it. I ordered it on Saturday and got it today, Wednesday (4 days). Shipping was a little steep, but I see why now, LOL. Here is a picture of everything in the box. It was suppose to come with a couple extra sets of spare props. I've already sent helipal an email on this issue. Next is to charge it up and get her in the air. Only thing I added was volt alarm. More to come.

Dan
Last edited by ddierking; Dec 10, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
Dec 10, 2014, 09:06 PM
The 3D Printing Man
Maiden successful. I just turned on the radio, plugged up the quad, and armed it. It hovers awesome. Now to setup the FPV monitor with it and I'm ready to go. I also have a Mobius camera on the way and I've already picked up a couple extra Lipos. Can't wait to get some more time on this thing. Videos to come, stay tuned.
Dec 12, 2014, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddierking View Post
Maiden successful. I just turned on the radio, plugged up the quad, and armed it. It hovers awesome. Now to setup the FPV monitor with it and I'm ready to go. I also have a Mobius camera on the way and I've already picked up a couple extra Lipos. Can't wait to get some more time on this thing. Videos to come, stay tuned.
I want to buy it, but iam waiting your feeds.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:55 AM
I also went ahead and purchased one. should be here Monday, I will updated upon arrival.
Dec 12, 2014, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddierking View Post
Awesome. They really do tuned it before shipping!

Could you hook up your quad to open pilot and export out the settings? It will be a good starting point for me when I build my own 250 quad with local parts?
Dec 13, 2014, 12:14 AM
I'm planning to get one too!!! By the way, I just have FPV experience on Phantom. Do you think it is good for me?
Dec 13, 2014, 04:36 AM
CunningStuntsFPV
This quad needs another thread about it . Two just isnt enough.
Dec 13, 2014, 07:22 AM
Iam looking to purchase one these storm racing drones this week, could someone tell me how easy and reliable isit to fly? And isit worth the money?
Dec 13, 2014, 09:30 AM
I am waiting review
Dec 13, 2014, 12:09 PM
The 3D Printing Man
Guys, did a couple more quick test flights. My 9 year old video taped it, so it's not the best. Again, very impressed. I will get more video soon.

Storm Racing Drone - helipal (0 min 36 sec)

2nd flight with storm racing drone (0 min 57 sec)
Dec 14, 2014, 12:08 AM

New here. Have questions about Storm Racing Drone.

Hi all. I'm new to this blog thing;
I have the same questions as Darth does. In addition I am curious of the flight time, transmitter/receiver distance and battery options for the Storm Racing Drone.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
My experience has been all visual with a Walkera model, Mode 2 and line of sight. I'm just getting familiar with FPV flying.
Last edited by jd21k; Dec 14, 2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply