Super G, from HobbyKing - Page 4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 26, 2015, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by union1
The only thing that needs doing is to balance the rotor blades.
I did this simply by establishing where each blades CG was and adding fibre tape at that point on the underside until all the blades weighed the same.
After that, go fly!
Thank you very much !
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2015, 03:32 PM
My head in the clouds!
That's a great looking gyro! Time to sell a couple planes.
May 27, 2015, 05:22 PM
Hi Union 1.

Am just about to finish mine. Does it really need 7 degrees left tilt on the head per instructions. Most of my others need 2 - 4 degrees ?

Thanks

Graham
May 27, 2015, 05:32 PM
Hi Graham, yep... Definitely 7 degrees offset required. Flew straight off the grass with this.
Good luck
May 27, 2015, 06:05 PM
PSALM 14:1
Fly yours yet Don?
May 27, 2015, 06:13 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
No been to busy to finish it and winds have been 10-20 mph anyhow the past few days and looks the same for the upcoming weekend as well.
May 27, 2015, 08:50 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Just got mine delivered. Everything looks fine but my canopy will need a couple of magnets to bring the sides of it flush with the sides of the fuse. My Zippy compact 3300, 4 cell fits with a lot of room to spare. Looks like room to spare fore and aft for larger batteries of CG allows.
It is big. And wheel pants too!
May 27, 2015, 10:57 PM
I just got mine today. I have never had a Heli or Auto Gyro before. There is a wooden gauge with
it but I am not sure where to place it or how to set it. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
May 28, 2015, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the reply Union 1 , must be motor torque as there is no motor offset.

Regards

Graham
May 28, 2015, 06:54 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Charlie,
Go to YouTube and search for the Super G. There is only one build video that will come up. In it, towards the end of the video, they show you how to use the jig. It measures the left tilt of the rotor at 7 degrees. The jig has a 7 degree mark on it which is where the control horn should line up with when the jig is placed behind the mast, up against the rotor.
May 28, 2015, 08:30 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Here it is:
Hobby King Super G Autogyro Build Review (54 min 52 sec)
May 28, 2015, 01:37 PM
Thanks for that, very nice job, is it just the prop out of balance or has the spinner something to do with the balance? Thank you again for the video I am sure it will answer a lot of questions for the readers of this thread, best of luck with the maiden, regards
Kevin
May 28, 2015, 02:14 PM
Maiden is here

Hobby King Super G Autogyro Maiden (5 min 54 sec)
May 28, 2015, 03:11 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quite nice....as you blokes say... "Brilliant"!!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
May 28, 2015, 04:10 PM
crashing build's character.
does the Super G have a soft rotor start?not like the G 2when you flip the switch it just automatically came on wide open?