Super G, from HobbyKing - Page 3 - RC Groups
May 22, 2015, 07:46 AM
I though it could be nice for FPV, but in the union1's video it seems to shake a lot, so it's not possible to use CMOS cameras or stabilization systems.

By the way, for those who are complaining about price. Here in Brazil it costs not less than U$370,00 (we pay 60% of federal taxes over price tag plus shipment, and then state taxes and postal fee).
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2015, 12:02 AM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Union1, nice video. Will it do loops and rolls?
May 23, 2015, 08:35 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Received my kit today. Just about have it ready for flight. I am going to balance the rotor blades and use a real APC 10 x 7 prop instead of the clone. I will say I am pretty impressed with the size of this gyro and overall impression of the model.
May 24, 2015, 01:39 AM
How do you plan to balance the blades Don? Individually, or as a rotor set?
Also, it might be worth trying a Graupner G-Sonic prop as they're stiffer than APCs and draw slightly less current, so I'm guessing they're more efficient too . I'm currently using one on my Great Planes Revolver and it's much quieter than the original APC I used.

http://www.gliders.uk.com/G-Sonic-Pr.../G1314%2E10X7/
May 24, 2015, 07:27 AM
you dynamically balance them using the pre-rotator. Takes about 5 minutes.
May 25, 2015, 10:10 AM
I gave in and ordered last night. Cross my fingers that it flies as well as they claim. I'll find out in about a week.

Dan
May 25, 2015, 05:31 PM
Had to order one today myself. Looks like fun for a little something different.
May 25, 2015, 09:30 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
That looks pretty darn sexy! I'm looking forward to some more videos from you autogyro guys!
May 26, 2015, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Union1, nice video. Will it do loops and rolls?
Haven't felt the urge to try hairy batics, but it's probably pushing yer luck!
May 26, 2015, 07:53 AM
I would agree!

The tail on this one does look a little weak and that head assembly looks like it might snap! That being said, I would like to see of video of someone trying!

BTW Union1....thanks for the videos so far! Very nice to see a demo of a model, without the fancy music!
May 26, 2015, 11:42 AM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
There is a carbon boom inside the foam. I would have preferred that the tail assembly was bolted onto that boom instead of having it glued to the boom. I used epoxy to hold the horizontal on instead of the included tack glue. Does anyone want some specific photos to get a better look?
May 26, 2015, 12:23 PM
Union1, does it fly that nicely right out of the box ? Did you perform any mods or are there do's and/or don't's we need to take in account ?
May 26, 2015, 01:17 PM
Yes please Don.
May 26, 2015, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
There is a carbon boom inside the foam. I would have preferred that the tail assembly was bolted onto that boom instead of having it glued to the boom. I used epoxy to hold the horizontal on instead of the included tack glue. Does anyone want some specific photos to get a better look?
Yes please!...I would like to see some pics of the head assembly? Are those nylon servos or metal?
May 26, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy5927
Union1, does it fly that nicely right out of the box ? Did you perform any mods or are there do's and/or don't's we need to take in account ?
The only thing that needs doing is to balance the rotor blades.
I did this simply by establishing where each blades CG was and adding fibre tape at that point on the underside until all the blades weighed the same.
After that, go fly!