This thread is privately moderated by SoarNeck, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
Entropy is happening!

Bladder construction thread.

There is also Adam's thread on the use and construction of bladders here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1056468

In my experience, much of the success or otherwise of making bladders depends upon what plastic is available and tried. I would suggest that if you have trouble with making successful ones first up, try another type of plastic sheet. One of the ongoing challenges for me is that one product that I have found very good is no longer available; product lines change from time to time. Currently, I'm using a roll of black plastic bags opened up, from the $2 stores.
It's a skill that requires some practice to achieve a reliable and effective bladder that's for sure. But well worth the effort.
I don't bother using an inflation tube like Adam does and just fold the bladder lengthwise in the mould in such as way as to not interfere with the lap join.

edit: I'm currently using drop sheet plastic from Bunnings hardware (Aus) which works well. I use the thicker material; sorry, I don't know how thick. I could measure it - note to self here!
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; Jun 30, 2014 at 02:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2014, 12:50 AM
On suggestion of user Stupot46, here an interesting build log:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2154885

Mastroggeppo
Last edited by mastroggeppo; May 03, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
Aug 31, 2014, 08:38 PM
Good Better Best quest.
If anyone in Melbourne requires this Dynavac it is for sale please PM me.
Sep 28, 2014, 11:43 AM

Appreciation

My hat is off to all thread contributors your efforts are greatly appreciated keep up the posts hopefully all these distributed threads can be consolidated. Ed
Nov 10, 2014, 07:17 PM
Entropy is happening!

Wompoo build log.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghlight=Wompoo
Nov 13, 2014, 12:28 PM
Guys I know I've seen it but I can't find the thread about how to build a molded slip nose cover fuse.
Nov 13, 2014, 12:50 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrguy3
Guys I know I've seen it but I can't find the thread about how to build a molded slip nose cover fuse.
In my thread posted in the report above!
Nov 13, 2014, 01:11 PM
Which one? The wompoo? I read the whole thing and didn't see it. I guess im just a window licker.
Nov 13, 2014, 02:23 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Which one? The wompoo? I read the whole thing and didn't see it. I guess im just a window licker.
Ok, I'll have a look and find you some links to specific pages.
Nov 13, 2014, 02:53 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
I owe you an apology here; I just had a quick look through my thread and discovered that I have not included details about the nose cone construction! I really thought I would have done so.
I have a lot on for the next week, including a trip away to do some flying (don't get
much around here - shortage of local flying sites).
However, if you are not in a hurry for this, next week when I return back home I will compile a bit of a tutorial together to explain the method I used successfully.
Would that be soon enough for your purposes?

Don't hesitate to remind me!
Nov 13, 2014, 06:03 PM
that would help thank you. It seems I've seen some other threads that deal with the same issue I just can't remember where or find them.-Guy
Nov 14, 2014, 09:20 AM
The Junk Man
Lots of nose cone stuff over in the soaring forums.

Tom
Nov 15, 2014, 02:43 AM
Entropy is happening!
Yeah, as Tom says.
I'm still lurking, not leaving for the flying trip until tomorrow morning.............
Nov 15, 2014, 01:18 PM
I've looked on and off for a few days now and no luck. And I'm pretty good at research. I have seen 1 or 2 in the past but no luck so far.
Nov 17, 2014, 07:37 AM
Entropy is happening!
I'll get onto it in the next 24 hours. Just arrived back home after a 5 hour drive back from a flying trip.

Quick Reply