This thread is privately moderated by SoarNeck, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 05, 2019, 03:06 PM
supreme being of leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZinVT
Jim I thought it was you who mentioned (in an old thread) using sheet vinyl flooring as a cutting mat alternative. I haven't tried it but it seems like a good option. Wide, cheap, easily replaced when it wears.
i have a small scrap of industrial flooring that looks and acts just like my cutting mats, deep slices close right up and dont leave any upset ridges. its about 6mm thick and one side is smooth.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2019, 04:04 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGNUT
i have a small scrap of industrial flooring that looks and acts just like my cutting mats, deep slices close right up and dont leave any upset ridges. its about 6mm thick and one side is smooth.
It would be good to identify it, if possible?
May 05, 2019, 08:47 PM
supreme being of leisure
when i get to the city, google just isnt doing it for me. betting it's not cheap but can't be as bad as buying mats from the art stores.
May 05, 2019, 11:36 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGNUT
....................... not cheap but can't be as bad as buying mats from the art stores.
And they are all too small for my application anyway. I need to cut fabric for 1500mm wing panels, for example.
No hurry though; I am not doing any composite moulding for a couple of months at least. I've got a stick and covering model on the build at the moment; almost completed.
May 06, 2019, 12:25 PM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
thanks for the tips. ill look into the diy route since i dont know what dryersheets is
/Ulf
May 06, 2019, 01:21 PM
Duane, LSF IV
Dryer sheets
Anti-static wipes
May 06, 2019, 01:31 PM
supreme being of leisure
those little napkin things married guys wives insist they toss into the clothes dryer to kill the static on all the synthetic crap
May 06, 2019, 04:33 PM
A.K.A sir Crashalot
hmm. married for 20 years and never heard or seen them ill see if we have them here in sweden.
thanks guys

/Ulf
Sep 20, 2019, 03:57 PM
Balsa dust maker
Can anyone post or point me in the direction where I might find a paint / partall#2 compatibility list ?
Sep 21, 2019, 12:36 PM
The Junk Man
PartAll #2 is just a regular paste wax, and I'm not sure that a definitive "list" of all the paints in the world that might work with it even exists.

You would probably have better luck asking about the particular paint you intend to use and see if anyone has had any luck with it.

Tom
Sep 21, 2019, 08:05 PM
Balsa dust maker
Ok. That makes sense.
Let's me see what I can source and go from there.

Are there any paints that are known not be to compatible with anything?

Quick Reply