Dec 12, 2014, 01:17 AM
Makes you wonder what granite really costs them when he can sell it that cheap, even if it is cut wrong. I think Joe does tile and countertop stuff...didn't know and thought I'd ask if he were your source. I would imagine there are few kitchen remodels that remove granite and replace with higher end stuff or with a different color because the owner didn't like the original or moved in and remodeled the kitchen.

Nothing like a solid surface that isn't easily twisted and remains true... Very cool.

Are the wings for the Hellcat really that huge compared to the fuse? (post 22)

Hellcats and Bearcats are cool planes. Tigercat is too...

David
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2014, 08:49 AM
Nothing to see here...
Our wings are thinner at the root and stretched from Brian's plan form.
We fell I love with that wing on the Fokker. Well.... Let's say our wing cutter fell in love with it. .

So that's what he cut us. That's what we used. They always look huge in the pics.

Stay tuned though. Ian and I like to build. I don't think we are done...

Rubio
Dec 12, 2014, 07:26 PM
Nothing to see here...
Now the torque rods are built and buried. I did it with Robert at build night. Ian pitched in too. Our soldering isn't up to his level. They are made if 1/8" piano wire. Then covered with a 5/32" tube. Then a channel is cut into the balsa trailing edge. Till the wire sits in the channel centered on the aileron.
Only an 1/8" of the bearing brass hangs out of the aileron. They must be totally free. We judge that by putting them at 12:00 and letting go. They should fall to 6 o'clock.
Then we 5 minute them in place. After that we tape the edges of the slot in a rectangle.
Tape right the edge of the slot. You don't have to get too close on the fuse side. It will be covered. The we make some cabosil and epoxy to the peanut butter consistency. Use the card and push it in the slot. Only go away from the edge to towards it.
Let it dry and sand it. The card will leave it smooth.
Then cut the hole for the aileron and slot the wire in. Sand the edge to get enough throw and you are done.

Rubio
Dec 12, 2014, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
What my phone showed TFLG 'S pdf file
Dec 12, 2014, 08:22 PM
Yeah, that may be just a tad not-to-scale Ian
Tom
Dec 12, 2014, 08:31 PM
Nothing to see here...
Next I block it at 1 1/4" the sand in the dihedral. I use a block on the edge of my bench to keep it straight.
Check that and 5 minute epoxy them together. Then I used some scrap 4 oz glass (two layers) to join them.
Even butted up my ailerons are going to have plenty of throw

Rubio
Dec 13, 2014, 12:52 AM
It's not going to build itself
A little DC-3 post bondo activity.
Dec 13, 2014, 08:57 AM
Nothing to see here...
Nice to see Tom.

I hope I gave you some seam tape this time.

I got the bottom of the wing glassed before work. I'll make some push rods and tails next.

Rubio
Last edited by 67econoline; Dec 13, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:15 AM
I used the tape you gave me. Seaming this fuse was different with the joint on the sides. I sort of did a wet seam on the rear part of the fuse, then bluetaped it together a bit and brushed it down. Then I bluetaped the outside completely and finished seaming through the wing saddle.
Dec 13, 2014, 11:13 AM
Thread OP
Go Tom, Rubio you got throw
Dec 13, 2014, 12:12 PM
Thread OP
Almost ready to bondo
Dec 13, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nothing to see here...
Looking good Amigo.
I don't see any servos in there. Is this a free flight plane???

Rubio
Who has servos
Dec 13, 2014, 01:18 PM
Looks nice Ian.

If this crappy weather continues I'll have to start building again.
Dec 13, 2014, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Yeah Rubio it's for the longest toss contest at Fermin
Dec 13, 2014, 04:22 PM
Looks good Ian! My last free flight at Fermin turned back towards to the cliff.

Quick Reply