Dec 01, 2014, 01:29 PM
<Marty>
i have one of the green board cx10's and i just went a head and ordered a red board from BG to change it over... also ordered one from aeroboticsolutions.com in Florida as a back up..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2014, 01:37 PM
I Void Warranties
I just ordered this one on sale:
http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX1...-p-926614.html
Not sure what pcb it will be ... looks like there's a green one in customers pictures.
I hope it's a green one.
Dec 01, 2014, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish
I just ordered this one on sale:
http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX1...-p-926614.html
Not sure what pcb it will be ... looks like there's a green one in customers pictures.
I hope it's a green one.
Actually it's a lottery with the received CX-10's.

There are 3 versions.
First version, under discussion on this topic, was the Red PCB with nRf24l01 Beken 2423 chip.
The second version, was the green PCB with XN297 and different protocol.
Now, sometimes the sellers are shipping a new one blue version, with another different protocol (the third), but also with XN297 chip.

Hope you receive a Red or green version ...
Last edited by Durete; Dec 01, 2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Correction with RF Chip.
Dec 01, 2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish
Ok, maybe I should get one and contribute, you know I like to reverse tx/rx protocols There's yet one new version with head lock feature for preorder (bg).
I'd like to make sure the rf chip is nrf24l01 compatible but I can't find an english datasheet for the Panchip XN297.
There are some document in the associated thread:
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/pro...art=0&start=80

The CX-10 green protocol is the same than the JXD 395 first ed.
Dec 01, 2014, 02:44 PM
I Void Warranties
Thanks, that's confusing !
Dec 01, 2014, 02:52 PM
hopeless newbie
Wow, super cool project. When you remove the STM32 gunk (boilerplate) its just about 1000 lines of code. Probably the easiest to understand FC firmware that exists!

Will this currently work on both red and green pcbs? (yes, I do understand that you have to use external rx).
Dec 01, 2014, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by offbyone
Wow, super cool project. When you remove the STM32 gunk (boilerplate) its just about 1000 lines of code. Probably the easiest to understand FC firmware that exists!

Will this currently work on both red and green pcbs? (yes, I do understand that you have to use external rx).
Hi,

for now it workes just on the red board. the green and blue one has other pinouts.
unfortunately thay have pin A9 & A10 in use for PWM out and the boot pin fix on GND so thay cannot be flashed with a simple serial flash loader. you will need some SWD programmer (every STM32 dev. board has one -> http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/...uct/253215.jsp).
and as the serial pins are not free / broken out you cant use them for telemetrie.

to say it short.. support is possible (will just require another pin mapping and MPU orientation), but its not that easy as it is with the red board.

BTW you can buy red boards as spare parts.

regards

Felix
Dec 03, 2014, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Hi,

i added support for the blue board (first post is updated).. the green one will follow

regards

Felix
Dec 22, 2014, 03:38 PM
Hi. Is it possible to have only acro mode with your FW without external RX? I don't have any dsm2 TX or any so tiny PPM rx. So I wanted to flash it and use this orginal CX-10 TX is it doable?
Dec 22, 2014, 03:55 PM
Great work Felix!

I've been following this thread for a while, but haven't had the time to try it out until now.

After frying one red (possibly dead on arrival, didn't test it before flashing and two of the motors were not spinning) and one blue board (short circuited) I've finally completed the maiden flight with a red board.

I went with the even smaller DT Rx31-Sum receiver for my conversion.

Regards,
Göran
Jan 02, 2015, 06:52 AM
Not a good pilot

Another free CX-10 firmware - No extra hardware required!

I also wrote an alternative firmware for the cx-10. It also can only do 3DOF stabilisation right now (so no autolevel yet), but it doesn't require an extra receiver. I reversed the protocol from the red board, so this works with the original remotes and with DeviationTX (with nRF24 module of course). The code is available at github.

After what I've read about the green and blue boards, this probably won't work w/o mods, but I can't say for sure, as I only own red ones.

I might try and add autolevel (6dof) when I'm done understanding/tuning the PIDs.

Oh, and it can fly tricopters!

Cheers,

Ali
Last edited by alibenpuff; Jan 02, 2015 at 07:36 AM.
Jan 02, 2015, 08:51 AM
Oops! There goes a prop...
Great! No external receiver is required.
Jan 02, 2015, 09:45 AM
Not a good pilot
Actually, after sifting through Felix's code, I've decided to port my RX code and tricopter mixer over to his project, as he clearly knew what he was doing there way better than I did. Also, I'm still scratching my head about his binary being only half as big as mine although he used all the heavy parts of the std peripheral lib, that I tried to avoid for size reasons..
Jan 02, 2015, 10:00 AM
Damn, I never thought that'd be possible, it's so small!
Jan 02, 2015, 10:12 AM
hopeless newbie
Ok I need to try this. any suggestions on best place to order to end up with a red board?

I watched Felix's video again from the first post and man that's some crazy yaw going on!

Quick Reply