Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Hovership MHQ2 Frame

Designed for 5" props.

Splash

A folding mini that's perfect for racing

The newly redesigned MHQ2 from Hovership is an outstanding candidate for FPV racing, or general cruising around in first-person-view. The MHQ2 has updates over the original MHQ, giving it improved functionality, durability, and stability. This little quad is designed for 5" props, but can be outfitter with 6" props if you run the optional XL arms. Some of the updates include a lower center of gravity for the camera and battery, integrated GoPro and Mobius mount, improved landing gear thickness, and a redesigned base with greatly reduced torsion for better flight stability.

Specs:

• Weight: 165g including motor screws
  • Wheelbase: 270mm (diagonally, motor to motor)
  • Flight controller: It is recommended to use a smaller (lighter) controller with a footprint of ~35mm. The flight control deck can accommodate boards with a max hole spacing of 45x45mm.
  • Max Prop: 5" (6" possible with XL arms)
  • Recommended battery: 3s 1300-1500mAh
  • ESCs: 12a
  • Motors: 1804-2204 size (22g or less)

CLICK HERE for more info on the Hovership MHQ2

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 24, 2014 at 10:12 PM..
Dec 29, 2014, 10:35 PM
I may be buying this one. I think I really like it after doing a few online searches and reading up on it. Looks great!
Dec 31, 2014, 10:05 AM
Dare to Inspire
Will this fit 5x4.5 blunt nose props?
Dec 31, 2014, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
I spoke with the owner and they will be offering RTF versions with a flight controller soon.
Dec 31, 2014, 11:23 AM
Dare to Inspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I spoke with the owner and they will be offering RTF versions with a flight controller soon.

What about prop size, I have one but will it fit 5x4.5 or are they too big
Dec 31, 2014, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
I don't know, as I don't have one. But in the specs it says a max size of 5" if that helps.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:04 PM
Dare to Inspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I don't know, as I don't have one. But in the specs it says a max size of 5" if that helps.

I think it will work since it's length is only 5"
Jan 02, 2015, 05:34 AM
Law abiding citizen.
Why is the FPV camera on top of the frame? Wouldn't you want it where the gopro is in order to prevent damage to the vTX antenna?
Jan 05, 2015, 12:44 AM
It looks awesome, and a good price point. What is the durability of a 3d printed quad though?
Jan 05, 2015, 07:21 AM
Dare to Inspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMO FOCO
It looks awesome, and a good price point. What is the durability of a 3d printed quad though?

I have one custom printed and it is very durable, only weak part is the thin parts but that's it. I had mine printed with a hex infill and it's supposedly more shock absorbing and takes hits better. It will be just as strong as a carbon fiber frame, but ou'll have a much better looking quad
Jan 07, 2015, 04:18 PM

get the .*STL files here

Seems like someone would have posted this already...but here are the stl files off thingiverse
http://www.thingiverse.com/Hovership/designs
Jan 11, 2015, 08:58 AM
Hi, complete noob question.

Can you rig these cheaper smaller units to fly using pre determined GPS points, or are they too small to carry the equipment needed?

If not, are they at least capable of hovering at a fixed point without you being at the controls?

Thanks for any info.
Jan 11, 2015, 10:26 AM
You can do that with a mini apm controller i think
Jan 11, 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMO FOCO
You can do that with a mini apm controller i think
Cheers mate. Just googled what you said and found everything I needed to know. Surprisingly inexpensive as well.

Thanks again.
Jan 11, 2015, 01:02 PM
I have the full sized apm in my 3dr iris+

Quick Reply