May 09, 2004, 10:13 AM
Thread OP

I recived today my pic serial interface and i've got problem.

I recived my tt pic serial and i pluged it to the computer and to my sanwa vg400 and it is'nt work, i tried with fms and with the demo of rc plane master and when i go to mapping and clibrating it shows no respond..
please help me..
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2004, 11:39 AM
Thread OP
i succeeded to work it now but only with the "PICjoy", i want it to work like serial interface

--edit--
i try to play with realflight and everything ok exept the throttle, it does'nt respond.

---update---
this is work for me now as a serial interface ok in fms.
but for realflight i need it to work as a joystick, so with the older version of picjoy( the driver) realflight work accept for the throttle, in the new version of picjoy(the driver) the throttle work but the rudder and elevator dont work.
mabe it is something with mapping at the "PPJoy" (the driver) ,does someone know what to do ?
Last edited by lamborghini; May 12, 2004 at 05:07 AM.
Jun 17, 2004, 11:05 PM
In need of a new name...
Any luck with this. With an EVO 9, I was able to calibrate both sticks and a slider in Windows XP, yet RealFlight only sees movement on ailerons, elevator, and throttle. Just like above, no rudder...
Jul 18, 2004, 01:15 PM
In need of a new name...
Anyone ever figure this out???
Jul 19, 2004, 04:58 PM
Thread OP
it is now work for me but i have no idea why.. i dont know what i did but it is ok now
Jul 23, 2004, 10:18 AM
An Original!
I have a similar problem on the tt pic serial cable and an Evo 9. The com ports on my computer show they are working Ok but FMS or Evo manager won't recognize the Tx. I've tried about everything.

Any ideas?
Oct 18, 2005, 10:28 PM
Realflight doesn't support Z-Rotation axis in PPJoy (FMS does support Z Rotation Axis).

I would suggest changing the settings in PPJoy and use 'rudder' instead of 'Z Axis' and use 'throttle' instead of 'Z Rotation Axis'. or vice versa. (This worked for me)
May 09, 2006, 01:53 AM
Just Plane Going To Heli
I found out the definitive answer to this question. For RealFlight G2 the 4 axis' on the first mapping page for PPjoy need to be configured for x-axis,y-axis,z-rotation and slider. (It is the z-axis that doesn't get read by G2, not the z-rotation). The second mapping page then gets your analog inputs mapped to these 4 in whatever order they need to be for your TX (analog 0-3 for me, though the analog choices go to 63). I had to keep going back and forth between the PPjoy mapping and RealFlight switching the analog mappings on the second page around until I had the right combination for mode two and the RealFlight radio gadget showed the proper stick axis movement. "Servo reversing" was then done in RealFlight in the advanced configuration section for the axis' it was needed. I am using the JR PIC interface that came with the Alpha or P-51 PTS RTF and have set up a virtual joystick using PPjoyCOM to read the serial input.
May 09, 2006, 04:03 AM
If the PIC serial interface is designed correctly, there should be no use for a third party "driver" such as PPjoy.

My first interface I ever built was a PIC-Serial based on a 12F675 PIC from one of the may sites offering the HEX code and schematic. This was plugged in to the serial port, and was directly configurable under FMS and in Game Controllers in the Windows Control Panel, even under Windows XP

However (and from memory) it is my understandig that a non-interlink version of G2 does not support PIC-Serial interfaces, but requires an iterface that comes up as a standard "Windows Joystick" emulation.
May 09, 2006, 09:43 AM
Just Plane Going To Heli
Exactly. FMS works fine. I just came into posession of a non-interlink copy of G2 and wanted to use my own transmitter instead of the Futaba gameport box. This is what the non-interlink G2 settings need to be. I found this post on my quest for an answer and saw wrong info here after I found out what was correct. So I decided to set the record straight. I found the correct info here: http://www.milehighwings.com/faq.htm - answer to faq #1, but it's valid for a virtual joystick set up with PPjoy and the mini-app PPjoyCOM. From the manual: "PPJoyCOM is an application to read data from a serial port and convert it into joystick input via the PPJoy Virtual Joystick interface." This shows up as a windows direct input device that can be accessed in G2. If you think that's complicated, I'm also running Win98SE - which needs to have the PPjoy hardware drivers manually installed.
Last edited by Tweener; May 09, 2006 at 09:53 AM.
May 09, 2006, 10:19 AM
Quote:
If you think that's complicated, I'm also running Win98SE - which needs to have the PPjoy hardware drivers manually installed.
Struth !

Buy / build a USB "windows joystick" interface and save yourself a lot of hassle
May 10, 2006, 08:52 AM
Just Plane Going To Heli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C
Buy / build a USB "windows joystick" interface and save yourself a lot of hassle
Well, it wasn't really all that hard for me except finding info on the proper axis mappings. I'm more of a software whiz than a hardware guy. I had the PPjoy interface up and running in about twenty minutes, with all but one axis working in G2 (just like the others posted above). Thus, the reason for my post - to save others from making the same mistakes. Bad configuration information causes more hassle than anything.

Quick Reply