Well done. Thanks Dave
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2015, 09:06 AM
Building gliders aaagain...
Way to go everyone. Tear'em up.
Jul 29, 2015, 09:13 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Thread OP
We have been busy with off and on rain, tarps on and off. Planes in and out of tent. Showers only 5 minutes or so then back to flying Speed again. I also have tried to film all Speed runs and they run it effiectiently. Flying pilot comes across finish line then your working time begins.
Jul 29, 2015, 09:22 AM
From Facebook team germany

New best time in speed for Naoto Sakurai with 12.33!!!
Jul 29, 2015, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
Dillon flew first, flew solid.

DZ had a cut on B.

KP ran out of time with 3 launches.
Conditions are tough, 90 degree cross. The CD just had a Team Manager's meeting to move the winches, we are staying at current location.

As soon as we get rain we stop and then start again when it quits.
Jul 29, 2015, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Yes Alex, they just finished weighing his plane and all is good. His time is the last on the score sheet!

Smokin fast run!
Jul 29, 2015, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
I have shot more video than I ever have. I filmed the 12.33 run. I can't wait to see it on my computer.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:07 AM
Soaring Addict

I can't wait to see it on my computer too Dave!

Smokin fast!
Jul 29, 2015, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
We are in the process of moving the winches again. Round 2 Speed is done. Duration next, until 7pm.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:27 AM
yyz
yyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
GO TEAM USA! DZ is in 1st and Kyle 2nd! NOW IS THE TIME TO KICK IN THE SUPPORT AND THE INCENTIVES

I challenge the F3B team pilots to get perfect 1000 point rounds, and if you do, I will donate $20 for each 1000 point round that is scored by any US team pilot! And it is retroactive. Meaning if you have already logged a granny or two, I already owe you money.

I wish to extend this challenge to all who wish to support our team. I happen to know that they need about 4800 bucks to meet their budget goals, and I can’t think of a better way to do it than this. I also propose that any who chose to donate can do so by pledging here in this thread or the new donation thread based on the following range:

Level 1 - $5 per 1000
Level 2 - $10 per 1000
Level 3 - $20 per 1000

GO TEAM USA!!!!

Lets go supporters, show them you are behind them and help ease their burden at the same time.

Mike Smith
Count me in for Level 3 support. Kick ass guys!
Jul 29, 2015, 11:31 AM
Addicted to F3 anything
Count me in as well Mike. Level 3
Jul 29, 2015, 11:34 AM
Team Crunch Brothers
Level 1 but make it $100 for a speed win...

-l
Jul 29, 2015, 11:40 AM
yyz
yyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgdude
Level 1 but make it $100 for a speed win...

-l
Nice!
Jul 29, 2015, 02:30 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Way to support the team guys. You all rock!
Jul 29, 2015, 02:33 PM
F3B and F3K
Naoto's speed run was scary fast and the plane showed some serious aerolastic behavior. Not as extreme as Mike's Shooter during his 11.9s speed run, but the FS 4 was getting some big anhedral (before the zoom) and dihedral during the turns.

Today was a tough day, the wind was very strong and made distance and speed difficult and a lot of hurt was handed out. Unfortunately also to our team.

Duration in the evening was tough too, with many plane just falling like leaves in the wind. There the US team could end the day on a high note, with Dillon and Kyle landing among the last planes in their groups. Many were short. Those who got their times had to go deep while the wind was blowing hard (judging by the fast moving clouds the wind-speed higher up was impressive).

Best,
Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Jul 29, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply