Jan 02, 2015, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz
How's the belt holding up, and how long do you think it will last?

Do you think it would hold up in really dusty conditions (it's sealed away isn't it?)?
Mine snapped last week. Apparently the slipper was too tight when I described the mishap on RCT. Mine was the roller, setup is 3300KV Medusa with the original Mamba Max on 3S. The spur and pinion were stock, Mamba Max has 100% punch control and start up power on low.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2015, 03:27 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I've heard more belt failures, a Dutch guy had his belt snapping on the first drive, due to missing (!) bearing from the factory...
Jan 02, 2015, 12:37 PM
Car Bashing
Quote:
due to missing (!) bearing from the factory...
Ootch, that's very bad...why don't they sell it as kit?
Jan 02, 2015, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcUser73
Ootch, that's very bad...why don't they sell it as kit?

They actually do: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=42975

Pretty expensive for a kit, a Team C Jekyll is about the same. Ok, it doesn't have the mid-motor option, has no ball bearings, and plastic shocks. But it does come with excellent tires, and the shocks, though plastic, are smooth and hold up well, no leaks so far on mine.
Jan 02, 2015, 01:22 PM
I think he means a un-assembled kit.

I had missing parts on my Trooper, so I'm not surprised about the missing bearing.
Jan 02, 2015, 01:27 PM
Car Bashing
Yep, for me a car without motor, Tx/Rx and mounted isn't really a kit . They call it Kit but it is more an ARR imo.
Jan 02, 2015, 02:32 PM
Ah, missed that. So Hobby King decided to add a little to the confusion, just like with their Tamiya plugs, where what they call female plugs, the rest of the world calls male plugs instead...
Jan 02, 2015, 02:59 PM
Car Bashing
Name: 200.gif
Views: 57
Size: 1.04 MB
Description:
Jan 02, 2015, 04:38 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild, repeat
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
They actually do: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=42975

Pretty expensive for a kit, a Team C Jekyll is about the same. Ok, it doesn't have the mid-motor option, has no ball bearings, and plastic shocks. But it does come with excellent tires, and the shocks, though plastic, are smooth and hold up well, no leaks so far on mine.
At the moment, the EVO 2wd pro is $99.99 with free shipping
http://evohobbies.com/rc-car-truck-k...2wd-buggy.html

big bore aluminum shocks, bearings, and a bunch of aluminum hop up parts are included as well. At $200, the team C is in a totally different price bracket than the BSR, and it's easy to recommend the BSR to someone. But when the Team C is on sale for half price, it's much harder to chose the BSR (though the ball diff alone is almost enough to make me avoid the evo...I REALLY hate ball diffs)

My BSR is still coming alone nicely though. The new tires and some suspension tuning have it really behaving nicely, and my new 17.5 trackstar sensored motor makes it loads easier to handle than the goofy sensorless setup I had before.

And yes, I'm still planning to post a full review video. I just got totally distracted by the holidays.
Jan 02, 2015, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcUser73
ROFL about your ROFL post!

That's great!
Jan 02, 2015, 04:46 PM
Yeah, the Evo is normally in a different price range, though still competitively priced considering for what you get. The Jekyll is the TR02, and that retails a lot cheaper, but still is an excellent car. My kit Kyosho RB5 is just a little bit more refined, and handles a bit better, but if you look at the new prices of the RB5 vs the Jekyll, the Team C has way better bang for the buck. If I hadn't run into some reasonably priced used RB5 buggies, I probably would never have switched from my Jekyll to those.

The Jekyll comes with tires that handle very well up to 60 km/h, even on a sensorless EZrun 9T setup, like I have in one of the RB5 buggies, which is running those Team C tires.

For a racer, the 222 offers a cheap mid motor solution, that is probably it's main selling point. Most other mid motor buggies are either expensive racing kits, or RTR versions of a racing kit, but often downgraded a lot. The 222 might fall into that gap, if it's durable, and only needs better tires and better motor to be a pleasure to drive.
Jan 02, 2015, 05:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan

For a racer, the 222 offers a cheap mid motor solution, that is probably it's main selling point. Most other mid motor buggies are either expensive racing kits, or RTR versions of a racing kit, but often downgraded a lot. The 222 might fall into that gap, if it's durable, and only needs better tires and better motor to be a pleasure to drive.
It's a shame there isn't more competition in the mid-motor budget department. My Atomik V2MR filled that role once, but they quit making it for some silly reason. The V2MR has been a wonderful buggy for me (rear motor at the moment).

For me though , mid motor is only a novelty for the moment. I tried it with my DEX210 buggy, and just couldn't make it work. At my local track, there aren't many guys running mid motor either. I think most of us have tried it, couldn't get the rear to hook up, and went happily back to to rear motor.

I see predictions all the time that mid motor will dominate soon, and all competitive buggies will go mid, but it just hasn't happened yet. Maybe it's happened on the national level where pro drivers are good enough to make it work, but at the local club level where mere mortals race, mid motor is just too much of a handful for most of us.
Jan 03, 2015, 01:36 PM
How are the team c shocks and tires...also do u think other parts from team c wold fit the bz 222.I was thinking of just buy the kit and use the shocks tires and see if the rear aluminum hubs fit
Jan 03, 2015, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6
How are the team c shocks and tires...also do u think other parts from team c wold fit the bz 222.I was thinking of just buy the kit and use the shocks tires and see if the rear aluminum hubs fit
The team C and hobbyking buggies are two completely different designs, and I doubt any parts will interchange. Some things like the tires and shocks you mentioned are standard and should fit, but otherwise it'll just be luck if anything fits.

As for the tires, I don't think the Team C Evo Pro kit even comes with tires, so you'll have to buy those separately anyways. I've heard on these forums and elsewhere that the Team C tires are fine, but to me it would depend on the price. From the prices I've seen, the team C tires are just as expensive as the more established brands like AKA, Jconcepts, and Proline. If I found a website that had them cheap, I'd give the team c tires a try, but otherwise i'll just stick with the brands i'm familiar with.
Jan 03, 2015, 02:25 PM
The competition kit from the TC series, like the Evo, won't come with tires, just wheels I believe. The TR series, like the Jekyll, which is more a sports driver car, does come with tires. You can get a complete set of tires and wheels for 12,99 GPB, ex shipping, only need to glue the tires and wheels together yourself: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Buggy-O...item484ece1325

Quick Reply