Nov 20, 2019, 02:51 PM
Is the bearings better then the stock roller
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2019, 03:09 PM
rc user
I did this conversion after one of the tiny bearings failed inside the roller.

3 bearings stacked 3 wide is a near perfect dimensional match to the original roller. this gives you larger bearings and one extra to carry the load. i believe you want to use 3x7x3 size.

I was reading a BZ-222 thread maybe on Rctech and someone else had done the same thing.
Nov 20, 2019, 03:29 PM
I'm lookin at my belt looks like it rubs by the opening that u look in and I think that's why it snaps after time
Nov 20, 2019, 04:22 PM
rc user
yep that's one theory, but i don't think the belt wears enough from that mechanism to fail.
I've put 10 belts in the same case, by now they would have worn away enough plastic to not rub any more.

more likely the tight path it has to follow in that tiny gear case, the constant flexing at high speed, is causing the fatigue.
Nov 21, 2019, 06:13 AM
If u put a skinner roller in the gearbox it would make the bend less. Does anyone think that would work
Nov 21, 2019, 08:50 AM
rc user
a smaller roller means an even smaller diameter bearing, which will fail sooner.

i think better solution is what the other guys did, designed gearbox with no roller.
Nov 21, 2019, 04:30 PM
If u look where the belt bends by the roller I thought if it was less it would be better
Nov 21, 2019, 07:00 PM
rc user
yes smaller would be better for the belt.
but the roller bearing is already too small. put something even smaller in there and it will fail long before the belt does.

bottom line is the case design is flawed. only thing that helps is running mid-motor, that takes some tension off the roller.
Nov 22, 2019, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can get bent rod ends like team durango had
Nov 22, 2019, 08:04 PM
Put the gray gear case on after putting everything together.found a washer on the floor.think it's from the roller.also I remember putting traxxas Teflon washers in when I bought it but didn't see them when I took it apart
Nov 22, 2019, 08:43 PM
rc user
yes there should be a little washer on each side of the roller.

i did the same thing with the 3 bearings i used, washer on either end inside the case.
Nov 22, 2019, 09:56 PM
Took it apart redid it thank god I did the traxxas washes where loose in the gearbox.it does move more freely with the gray gearbox.i used some black parts to break it up

Read on rctech somebody use a different gear cover wonder which one
Nov 23, 2019, 10:06 PM
Have a idea if someone can make it.make the roller to take the bearings but tapered it in the middle like a hourglass it will take stress off the belt

Quick Reply