Nov 01, 2017, 03:58 AM
I tried the " upgraded " box. It's exactly the same box but grey colored and belts still where exploding.

Problem in the design is the angle off the belt and the tensioner and that is the same in the " upgraded " version.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2017, 06:11 AM
Site Aspie
I recommend keeping the belt loose, not tightened like the manual says. That'seemed to have worked better for me. The belt doesn't have to bend as tightly around the tiny tensioner.

I haven't run mine in a long time. It's winter here.
Nov 05, 2017, 09:37 AM
Hi Guy

Some of you know from wich maker is the BSRBZ 222 is that foma ACME brand??

Differential look the same?

Thank you
Nov 15, 2017, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiksie
Today i did the first testdrive and it's driving pretty good :-)

Must say installing it was pretty tight so i might have to move the holes that hold the motor plate just 1-2 mm. I removed the motor coverplate and after that installing it was more easy. Still some minor things i overlooked like the 2 front nuts that held the 2 screws just did not fit on because it was 2 close to the wall but with a little grinding i made it fit. I changed it in the stl file but have not printed that one yet so not sure the room i cut away is now enough.

The motorplate is held by 2 screws because the 3th hole falls in a spot where the belt is now running but it seems to hold up fine with one 2 screws in there
I drilled/tapped an extra M3 hole in the motor plate as I had the same problem. I couldn't get the 3 bolts in without rubbing on the belt.

With no tensioner, as long as the belt is reasonably tight it will never fail. I have Sakura and x-ray touring cars with belts that have never been changed after years of use and hundreds of batteries. It's all in the design!
Nov 15, 2017, 08:47 AM
Nice work to!!
Nov 15, 2017, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crack_fox
Nice work to!!
Did you print schiksies parts?
Nov 16, 2017, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdj111
Did you print schiksies parts?
No, I made the original aluminium parts that the printed ones are modelled off.

A 3M HTD belt can carry a tremendous amount of power when correctly installed.
Nov 16, 2017, 11:08 PM
rc user
somebody want to send me a custom box for eval?
I'm tired of breaking belts
Nov 17, 2017, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crack_fox
Nice work to!!
Thank you :-). Until now the belt is still holding up great.

Gonna print a version with a little " hatch " soon so i can keep an eye one the belt.

@pdooley , if you don't have a printer you can always use a website like https://www.3dhubs.com/

There you can find people that live near you and can maybe print the design for you.
Nov 17, 2017, 11:15 AM
Really nice work Schiksie , right now im printing one for my bz-222
Nov 17, 2017, 02:08 PM
Actually i have some Problems with my printer. After solving them i will Print the parts too. Thanks dir the great work!
Nov 18, 2017, 03:11 AM
Thanks guys. Be sure to print version 1.1. Really think its better to hold the shocktower with some m3 nuts also.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2613926/#files

Also did a test with a PETG print and noticed the shrinks more than pla so i would stick with printing in pla. But this might differ with different printers and settings.
Jan 13, 2018, 11:03 PM
rc user
Back to this little guy..
where I left off last time was with a broken belt. same as usual, i run the car and enjoy it, but then the belt breaks and i lose interest, put it away for months.
last time I ran a brushed motor to help the belt live. would stay with that, but the brushed motor went up in smoke in another RC, so I fitted the original brushless motor the BZ came with. only ESC i had was a cheap banggood 35A. it works for now, but gets pretty hot.

this time I decided to try mid motor.
some ppl say the belt lasts much longer since it's not putting pressure on the tensioner side, but others say it doesn't make much difference. we'll see.

maybe some day I'll get the skill and patience and printer to make my own trans, for now just change belts

anyway, some pics below.. my wiring needs to be cleaned up and gear cover installed.. 2 things I'm bad about.
Jan 13, 2018, 11:24 PM
After all the work I put into mine, I never really used it. My local bashing track has a very loose surface and I find it almost impossible to get around with 2wd.

Today I put an assan GA250 gyro and a very fast savox heli tail servo in it. WOW! What a difference! I think I was lapping as fast as l do with my 4wd cars. I ran 5 packs thru back to back, mashing the throttle and smiling the whole time.

More importantly, the belt held up no problem. Very pleased ��
Jan 13, 2018, 11:34 PM
rc user
I used a hobbyking gyro with reasonably fast bluebird servo.
it did help a lot but also introduced a wobble in strait line driving. probably need to play with the settings.

Quick Reply