May 08, 2004, 11:05 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP

How good is this wireless micro-system?

I'm looking at installing a wireless micro-camera in my micro-heli. The shop is norwegian, the camera is CE-approved and operates on 2.4GHz, which is legal here. Shop with camera info: http://www.elefun.net/aspx/produkter.aspx?vareID=144

I've seen a few demonstration videos from this (or possibly other cameras that look similar) camera system, and they have all been of relatively poor quality. Over-compressed and low resolution, 204x144. The camera specs say it has a resolution of 380 TV lines. Then why are the demo videos only 144 lines?

Is the camera capable of 380 lines or not? Does anyone have a video clip that shows the true capabilities of these things?

Here's one of the demo-videos I'm talking about: http://www.elefun.net/film/144.wmv

EDIT:
I don't expect DVD-quality.

Thanks
Tor Arne
Norway
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2004, 12:46 PM
Supersonic Engineering
There are LOTS of similar, cheap systems around - just try looking on Ebay sometime! The old saying of 'you get what you pay for' is very true. Whilst these are functional, you'll probably find the range and the video quality to be poor. Personally, I'd rather pay a bit more and get a system that is proven to be good on models and that has excellent backup in case of problems. Take a look at www.blackwidowav.com for high quality systems at reasonable prices.
May 08, 2004, 10:05 PM
Has anyone tried this camera and if so is it any good and do you have a video of it: minicam I am also looking for a wireless video camera for my micro heli and want one that transmits relatively good quality video. What do you think?
Thanks!
Dan
May 09, 2004, 08:39 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Well, I just got an E-mail from the shop, completely out of the blue, offering me a discount on the camera, it'll cost half of what the Black Widow system costs. I think I'll go for it and at least we'll have a real user report on this one. Worst case scenario I can sell it again.

Oh, and it's a CCD camera according to the box, not CMOS.
May 09, 2004, 10:16 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Does anyone know how much current these CCD camera systems typically draw?

Quick Reply