Nov 16, 2014, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Setting Trim/Sub-Trim for 450Quad on KK board

Hi folks,

I'm working on tuning my new (and first) quadcopter build - an F450 clone with KK v5.5 v4.7KK FW, 1000Kv 2212 motors, generic 30A ESCs.

I've updated to the latest KK firmware (v4.7 with Steveis's stick centering mod), worked through the board setup (throttle, esc calibration,etc) and more or less sorted out the pot settings on the board.

I can get a relatively stable hover after adjusting Trim levels on my FS-TH9X tx, though I've read (somewhere) that Sub-Trims can/should be used to set up the quad. Question:

How do the Sub-Trims relate to the Trim settings? I have a feeling that it's possible to adjust Trims during flight/setup, and then transfer those values somehow to the Sub-Trim settings? Can you then zero the Trims on the front of the Tx (possibly giving you more adjustment travel when flying in windy conditions, perhaps?).

If anyone out there can clarify this for me, I'd really appreciate it. The "manual" for the FlySky 9X is rather.... limited.

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2014, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
bump

Really? No one knows this either?
Nov 18, 2014, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
OK - for the sake of completeness and for the next poor shmuck trying to figure this out:

I wrote down the values for AIL, ELE & RUD from my 9X tx TRIM Menu, then went to the SUBTRIM menu and entered the same values there (in both menus, the value range goes from -120 to 120, so I copied values 1 for 1).

I then zeroed my front trim switches and did a few test hovers.

Result - it seems to have worked! Nice stable hover during mini-hops around my basement. It's snowing here at the moment, so will have to wait for better weather before a full outdoor test flight, but early indications are good.
Nov 18, 2014, 12:35 PM
Try asking over here... https://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-electronics-792/

Should get a response there.
Nov 18, 2014, 01:17 PM
Thread OP
Thanks PoohBear. Have reposted in the Multirotor Electronics forum. Guess I was assuming that the moderators would move my post if it was in the wrong place.....

Quick Reply