This thread is privately moderated by Thomas B., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2014, 08:51 AM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Gallery

Jupiter Aircraft

Jupiter Aircraft in my hangar:
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2014, 09:49 AM
Wow, these are cool. A new nitch to explore. THANKS
May 30, 2015, 09:45 AM
Are there any plans or rough drawings of the Green nr"8"?
May 30, 2015, 03:29 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
It is basically a Jupiter junior fuselage and the top wing shape of JJ on both wings 6mm flat plate. stab is enlarged. A great flier, but lacking a bit directonal stability. . Will change shape of fin.
Jupiter Special und Kwirl (4 min 6 sec)
May 31, 2015, 07:33 AM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Manu, I forgot this: there is the original pencil sketch and some information on my Jupiter Junior thread, post 239 and folowing
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...086402&page=16
May 31, 2015, 08:06 AM
And what about wing and stab incidences? Some pictures of the ailerons linkages and struts would be appreciated....
Last edited by Manudepron; May 31, 2015 at 10:48 AM.
Jun 01, 2015, 02:11 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
I reactivated it with enlarged fin and now it flies very nice. Does any kind of aerobatics and excellent harrier and reasonable hover. Knife edge is a bit difficult, it tends to roll to level.
New fin shape is not as stylish as the original, but directional stability is much improved. Ailerons are driven by one servo and connected with CF rods and heat shrink tube. Wings, stab and downthrust are 0, sidethrust 2 - 3.
Jun 01, 2015, 10:47 PM
Thanks! Plans are printed, she is the next on my list....

Quick Reply