Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 03, 2015, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotnbr1
In bright conditions pretty good. If its lower light it could be a problem but I haven't tested it in low light... I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Spektrum- its a fairly weak transmitter the only plus is the wieght savings...
Hm.. I see.. I'll use the stock transmitter, i don't have it but will buy to use with my proto x too. I think that is pretty good for my expectations: indoor flights. For outdoor i'm building an 170mm brushless and have a 450 quad. So this will be for indoor use. Plus the stock transmitter is smaller than my turnigy 9xr, easier to carry on a bag
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2015, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuInHoW
Hm.. I see.. I'll use the stock transmitter, i don't have it but will buy to use with my proto x too. I think that is pretty good for my expectations: indoor flights. For outdoor i'm building an 170mm brushless and have a 450 quad. So this will be for indoor use. Plus the stock transmitter is smaller than my turnigy 9xr, easier to carry on a bag
Sorry I wasn't clear... I am using a stock hubsan transmitter- works great no issues. The transmitter on the spektrum camera is weak ( I think 25 w or so) it doesn't do well for fpv...
Mar 03, 2015, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotnbr1
Sorry I wasn't clear... I am using a stock hubsan transmitter- works great no issues. The transmitter on the spektrum camera is weak ( I think 25 w or so) it doesn't do well for fpv...
I realized that haha i bought a 200mw skyzone for my 170mm brushless and was planning to buy a 10mw for this build (most people says that is enough for indoor flights). I'll check the weight difference and maybe i put a 200mw instead. Why you say that it is weak? Thanks.

EDIT: I just saw that there are almost no difference in weight from tx5813 and tx5823. Both runs from 3.3v. Will use the 200mw version for better reception.
Last edited by GuInHoW; Mar 03, 2015 at 08:40 AM.
Mar 03, 2015, 08:25 AM
Here is my newest Autoquad M4 build. It is a FPV H-Quad on the MWC Frame. I love this frame! Thanks!

Partlist
---------
Autoquad M4
Carbon Micro-H Frame from Micro Motor Warehouse.
Chaoli 0820-17 Motors
Ladybird Props
VA1100 Ultra Micro FPV Cam (it is a cam with buildin TX and antenna.)
1S 750mAh Lipos

just a quick indoor test ->
Autoquad M4 Micro FPV Racequad (2 min 3 sec)
Mar 03, 2015, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verpolt
Here is my newest Autoquad M4 build. It is a FPV H-Quad on the MWC Frame. I love this frame! Thanks!

Partlist
---------
Autoquad M4
Carbon Micro-H Frame from Micro Motor Warehouse.
Chaoli 0820-17 Motors
Ladybird Props
VA1100 Ultra Micro FPV Cam (it is a cam with buildin TX and antenna.)
1S 750mAh Lipos

just a quick indoor test ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71aIe09bwHs
Very nice flying. Which FC are you using and what flight time?
Mar 03, 2015, 09:02 AM
Hi, i'm about to buy extra props for my build, which one is the best choice to use with 8mm motors?

Original Hubsan: http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-X4-H1...-p-911713.html

Or this one: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-UD...t-p-48799.html

Reading the comments people says that the UDI with larger pitch has more thrust and handle wind better than stock props. Maybe buy few set of each to test it out.
Mar 03, 2015, 09:03 AM
Multirotor Promotor
Nice little micro quad, subscribed.
Mar 03, 2015, 10:29 AM
So two of my Dark Edition 8.5 mm motors bottoms popped off in a relatively minor crash... Another motor bottom is slightly dislodged. These are in addition to another motor that had the bottom pop off.

The very first one the popped off I think was a result of my pressing down on the shaft to get the motor positioned inside the mounts. But these other 3 damaged motors are from crashes. The interesting thing to me is the last crash was on hardwood floors inverted. I think landing inverted on the prop hubs pushed the motor bottom off.

I am contemplating trimming the motor spindle down so that the prop hub almost touches the motor casing.
Mar 03, 2015, 10:51 AM
SosX U.S. Dealer
Are you using new hubsan props with the longer prop hub? If the props are pushed on all the way they should almost contact the top of the motor preventing the bottoms from being popped off in an upside down crash.
Mar 03, 2015, 12:44 PM
Its starting to look good , just waiting on fc, batts and parrot props.

The landing legs are just prop adapter hubs from my 250 quad props. I put a dab of hotglue on the motor wires to hold them onto frame underneath, easy to replace motors
Last edited by rollin3z; Mar 07, 2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: more
Mar 03, 2015, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87
Are you using new hubsan props with the longer prop hub? If the props are pushed on all the way they should almost contact the top of the motor preventing the bottoms from being popped off in an upside down crash.
Where can i found these new hubsan props? I'm about to buy my props, posted a few posts ago the links that i'm choosing..
Mar 03, 2015, 01:36 PM
SosX U.S. Dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuInHoW
Where can i found these new hubsan props? I'm about to buy my props, posted a few posts ago the links that i'm choosing..
I just order my spare props off amazon. All the ones I've received have been the new style with the longer hub.
Mar 03, 2015, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87
I just order my spare props off amazon. All the ones I've received have been the new style with the longer hub.
Thanks. I'll check it up my orders..
Mar 03, 2015, 03:35 PM
SosX U.S. Dealer
Here is the difference between the old style props and new style. The new ones have a longer hub to prevent the bottom being pushed out of the motor during a hard crash. The new style almost sits on top of the motor if installed all the way. Sometimes they are a bit tight and require you to push them on hard while supporting the bottom of the motor.
Mar 03, 2015, 03:53 PM
SQUIRREL PATROL
nice!!! i will keep an eye out for those. i'm definitely getting those, i crash very often lols. that is if i can find my quad.

Quick Reply