Nov 18, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen
Any word on the x3. MAN I can't catch a break. The racer the AUAV-X2.1 PX4/PIXHAWK are sold out all the time I really want the X2.1 or if the X3 is coming out can I prefer order so I'll finally get my hands on one of these.
This Thread died few months ago. I have no clue why but it does not look good. sorry to say that.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2016, 09:24 AM
AUAV actually never started this thread. I imagine they will announce it in the Ardupilot forums and on DIYD. They are very hands off. Phillip has a day job. They just go at their own pace. I have to say all my AUAV board are going strong still.

I wish the OP would fire-up some new threads for Pixhawk 2 and the new AUAV boards. Someone should send him some free boards. He does the best threads on these things and I still reference the first pages when I need reminders on connections on my boards.

Gervais -- where are you? The RC Groups crowd need you!
Dec 03, 2016, 04:45 PM
Back it up^ __ ^ ANY UPDATE???
Dec 04, 2016, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoodog
Back it up^ __ ^ ANY UPDATE???
As much as I like my X2 boards, the fact that this thread died long time ago tells me someone up there don't understand the importance of keeping their product alive and i am truly sorry for this as i wanted X2,1 / X3.

Not good.
Dec 04, 2016, 03:30 AM
Same here, waiting for X2.1 and X3
Dec 04, 2016, 04:55 AM
Yep same here.. have a VTOL project to start putting together and need this size board.

M

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk
Feb 08, 2017, 04:00 PM
Hi there....

Does anybody know how to solder/enable Serial4 on the auav x2.??

Thanks in advance!
Ron
Mar 24, 2017, 02:58 PM
If anyone happens to have one of these they aren't using, please PM me.. I need one.
I've got a small mapping copter, and this is the only controller that will work.. And, it caught fire and died today! (PDB caught fire on the ground, a min after I plugged in the battery... Most of the copter survived, but the auavx2 is dead)

Or if you know of a full functioning APM controller that's very small and light, let me know. Pixracer doesn't have all the IO I need.
May 11, 2017, 03:07 PM
I just want to mention someone had a spare and I've been happily flying.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me. There's a great community here
May 21, 2017, 11:09 AM
I am looking for a digital airspeed sensor and the Active I2C hub. They have the sensor on the site but seem to be out of stock of the hub and haven't answered my question as to possible dates it will be in stock. So if you have one that you don't need let me know.
May 25, 2017, 11:03 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nuspel
I am looking for a digital airspeed sensor and the Active I2C hub. They have the sensor on the site but seem to be out of stock of the hub and haven't answered my question as to possible dates it will be in stock. So if you have one that you don't need let me know.
I bought the auav airspeed sensor to replace the hobbyking one thinking this was something special and would address what I thought was an issue. Turns out to work exactly as the HK one does, so I would suggest you look at that one as it certainly works on pixhawk i2c. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/catalog/...r-w-pitot-tube
May 27, 2017, 02:22 AM
RC fanatic
Also should mention, that although the auav-2 is the most advanced pixhawk derivative in all my PH collection (I have 4 models with ph compatible fc's) it is the worst in terms of power management. I have had several brown outs on this fc even with supplying heavy hitting devices (like 3dr radio modem) from their own BEC,where all my other ph compatibles supply the same devices without power issues - even the pixhawk lite is fine in this regard. I'm talking; GPS, external baro, external mag(in GPS) external i2c oled display, 3dr radio modem - all powered directly on ph lite but not possible to power from auav-x2.
May 27, 2017, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Also should mention, that although the auav-2 is the most advanced pixhawk derivative in all my PH collection (I have 4 models with ph compatible fc's) it is the worst in terms of power management. I have had several brown outs on this fc even with supplying heavy hitting devices (like 3dr radio modem) from their own BEC,where all my other ph compatibles supply the same devices without power issues - even the pixhawk lite is fine in this regard. I'm talking; GPS, external baro, external mag(in GPS) external i2c oled display, 3dr radio modem - all powered directly on ph lite but not possible to power from auav-x2.
I concur. it took me some time to realize this (X2).
Anyways, it seems AUAV is silent for too long for me to consider them as a valid FC designers. i'm saying that with great sorrow.
Jun 02, 2017, 07:12 AM
Well I may just retire it as a bad choice and move on.
Jun 14, 2017, 07:37 AM

Firmware used today

Curious as to what is the 'goto' firmware for this board... What are you using successfully?

Trying to use Mission planner, current version, and only having AHRS problems such that I can not arm.

This randomly raised its head and hasn't been able to be whack-a-moled.
Changed the gps.
Same thing.

Is this board not rocking with the most current firmware? Is it not only retired but in need of replacement, too?
Thanks.
Robert

Quick Reply