Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 14, 2014, 07:53 AM
Registered User
Discussion

FPV cam : Super simple tilt compensation


Super Simple Tilt Compensation / SSTC 2.4.15 :
2 grams
4 dollars
15 mn to make

For 250 FPV quadcopter !

SSTC 2415 (0 min 31 sec)


Components :
1 linear micro servo
1 paper clip
2 4 cable ties
1 home made mounting bracket
2 drops of hot glue
1 cm² foam double sided tape


Last edited by Papi78; Nov 18, 2014 at 02:03 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2014, 08:37 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Ok, looks good but how is this servo controlled???????????
More details on this please.

Have you flown the quad with this tilty thing?
How do you know the quads forward pitch angle while in FFF?
Nov 14, 2014, 09:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Ok, looks good but how is this servo controlled???????????
Servo is controled by the pitch stabilization of the Naze32, and also with a slider on my Taranis
Nov 14, 2014, 10:38 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi78 View Post
Servo is controled by the pitch stabilization of the Naze32, and also with a slider on my Taranis
How is that setup?
Is the Nase32 running BaseFlight? What setting?
Nov 14, 2014, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Where did you find a micro linear servo for less than $4?
Nov 14, 2014, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca View Post
Where did you find a micro linear servo for less than $4?
Oh sorry, it's 4.29 ! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ht_Right_.html

To Waltr : Yes Baseflight, i'll send you the setup tomorrow..

I just think that to protect the servo against shocks, we can use two axes held by some shrink tube, just tight enough...
Last edited by Papi78; Nov 15, 2014 at 04:00 AM.
Nov 14, 2014, 02:42 PM
Registered User
jp0160's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi78 View Post
Oh sorry, it's 4.29 ! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ht_Right_.html

To Waltr : Yes Baseflight, i'll send you the setup tomorrow..

I just think that to protect the servo against shocks we can use two axes held by two cable ties, just tight enough...
Those little linear servos are pretty tough, they wont need any extra protection. Just a squirt of Deoxit when they start to get twitchy
Nov 14, 2014, 04:01 PM
Registered User
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
Time to raid the HiSky spare servos.......nice job
Nov 15, 2014, 03:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
How is that setup?
Is the Nase32 running BaseFlight? What setting?

MID is set to 1500 by default because i use Aux3 to control the pitch..
If not, set it to 1000


Nov 15, 2014, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Is the mounting bracket 3D printed? This looks fantastic!
Nov 15, 2014, 09:09 PM
Registered User
mad_milchmann's Avatar
dp i get that righ, that you fixed the camera just with two cable ties on the upper side of the board?
sorry for the stupid question but its hard to see on my mobile phone.
Nov 15, 2014, 10:23 PM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_milchmann View Post
dp i get that righ, that you fixed the camera just with two cable ties on the upper side of the board?
sorry for the stupid question but its hard to see on my mobile phone.
Yes, that is what he did. It is a very simple but light weight and reliable method.
It looks like he has two holes in the top plate for each cable tie.
Nov 16, 2014, 04:24 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Yes, that is what he did. It is a very simple but light weight and reliable method.
It looks like he has two holes in the top plate for each cable tie.
Nothing to add, thanks

The mounting bracket is hand cut in a square PVC profile
Nov 16, 2014, 06:00 AM
Unscheduled Landing Expert...
Fly_Bye's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by papi78 View Post
super simple tilt compensation / sstc 2.4.15 :
2 grams
4 dollars
15 mn to make

for 250 fpv quadcopter !

Components :
1 linear micro servo
1 paper clip (very old and rusty)
2 cable ties
1 home made mounting bracket
2 drops of hot glue
+1!
Nov 16, 2014, 07:08 AM
Registered User
More pictures...




Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Super Simple Gimbal - SSG - KK2.1 & OpenPilot support crezzee Aerial Photography 1672 Jul 01, 2016 05:42 AM
Discussion Simple tilt gimbal for fpv'ing Multi's. sterob FPV Talk 9 Feb 21, 2016 11:12 AM
Discussion 3axis pan tilt roll fpv cam bonsario FPV Equipment 1 Oct 21, 2014 02:59 PM
Question setting up servo fpv cam tilt on hk nanowii (multiwii) onelastflight Multirotor Drone Electronics 1 Aug 09, 2014 11:04 AM
Sold Mini spy Cams good for some simple fpv Crazyflyer20 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Sep 28, 2013 10:02 PM