DJI Inspire1 Quad Copter - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
The best thing about the Inspire 1 is the integration of many systems (camera, telemetry, flight control, battery management etc) controlled in a single integrated application.

I don't know about you, but this is how the market is going to evolve from a niche hobby to a multi-billion dollar industry for many, many people for applications in commercial and private use (assuming the legislation is able to catch up).

DJI also announced the SDK for the Phantom and I've been going through it tonight. all of this reminds me of the smartphone industry just before the iPhone was announced in 2007.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2014, 11:36 AM
What is the anticipated battery flight duration (the truth, not the 20-25 minutes represented by DJI on Phantom 2----only getting 18 minutes top with Hero 4) on the Inspire please?

Ed
Nov 14, 2014, 11:38 AM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcartie
The real fact is that most of us can not afford the price tag $2900.00+ range.
This is not the quad for the average quad flyer. This is a professional videography rig intended for people who will be using it for work purposes which will be earning them money.
Nov 14, 2014, 01:25 PM
AP PixHero
Quads are the least safe of all the multi-rotor for AP. What happens when your "at location" and you loose a motor or an esc ect... 3000$+ comes crashing down and hopefully not into the talent... A pro rig should be hex, y6, octo, X8 ect...

The thing looks pretty cool though...
Last edited by ProjectTalos; Nov 14, 2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: words
Nov 14, 2014, 01:25 PM
romantist
I just placed my order on this RTF unit guys. Depending on when it comes, and my availability I will post my feed-back here or start up another thread. So far, it looks like a beautiful quad and seems like a whole lot went into the design of this quad - it sure is worth my 3K.

Cheers,
Palomo
Nov 14, 2014, 02:04 PM

iX8 - Next Gen with more Inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectTalos
Quads are the least safe of all the multi-rotor for AP. What happens when your "at location" and you loose a motor or an esc ect... 3000$+ comes crashing down and hopefully not into the talent... A pro rig should be hex, y6, octo, X8 ect...

The thing looks pretty cool though...
What? It is a quad?
This is my iX8 - I put down for my birthday next May! Will take orders if you like it....
Last edited by TopViewShots; Nov 14, 2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: picture added
Nov 14, 2014, 03:34 PM
AP PixHero
Lol @ Photoshop FTW!
Nov 14, 2014, 04:15 PM
The DJI Inspire 1 is available for pre-order now from GetFPV.com as an authorized DJI retailer in the US. We are also offering them at wholesale prices to vendors who qualify for resale.

http://www.getfpv.com/dji-inspire-1.html

Nov 14, 2014, 04:20 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFPV
The DJI Inspire 1 is available for pre-order now from GetFPV.com as an authorized DJI retailer in the US. We are also offering them at wholesale prices to vendors who qualify for resale.
What about review copies for us faithful reviewers?
Nov 14, 2014, 04:42 PM
SkyHi Aerial
I actually like the idea of a medium sized quad that is ready to fly. I have my S1000 and Tarot 810 for bigger jobs, but right now I use my phantom for jobs in more congested areas or indoors. I think the Inspire 1 will be a nice set up from the phantom and will be able to handle more wind. And at 6lbs, its much safer then the big copters.

If you watch the 1:12 second mark in the Soar video DJI put out, there is some jello in the RV shot, which is a little bit worrisome, but otherwise, I am digging the design. I probably won't be digging the $200+ batteries or whatever they will end up costing.
Last edited by Daloaf; Nov 14, 2014 at 04:57 PM.
Nov 14, 2014, 04:55 PM
I love this shot......
"Just pulled over on my way to the dinner party with my lady to fly the Inspire 1". Or better yet...."Buy an Inspire and get a hot chick to ride in your sports car with you......"
Gotta love marketing!
Nov 14, 2014, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch
I love this shot......
"Just pulled over on my way to the dinner party with my lady to fly the Inspire 1". Or better yet...."Buy an Inspire and get a hot chick to ride in your sports car with you......"
Gotta love marketing!
LoL!!
Latest blog entry: No OVERSEAS SHIPPING. EVER
Nov 14, 2014, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch
I love this shot......
Gotta love marketing!
Nice landing gear.
Nov 14, 2014, 07:43 PM
Will you be able to mount a thermal camera?
Nov 14, 2014, 09:52 PM