This thread is privately moderated by jiggz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2014, 09:35 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
Thread OP
Discussion

dynam texan to raf harvard conversion

i had to get one of these after seeing the great envelope for some scale details

as soon as i had it out of the box i set about painting the whole airframe in tamiya camel yellow

i switched the esc strait out for a40a century one as i planned to run on 4 cell and wanted to avoid that splutter from the stock detrum unit

i added robart scale at6 wheels which strait away gave the aircraft a nice ground look

mods include semi scale cockpit fit out
carved airiels
dummy radial
outboard flaps and inboard split flaps

dynam at6 harvard very low scale pass (0 min 17 sec)

dynam at6 harvard 4cell dead stick landing (4 min 52 sec)

DYNAM AT6 TEXAN / HARVARD FULL FLAPS WALKAROUND (6 min 39 sec)

DYNAM AT6 TEXAN / HARVARD ON 4S LOOSES CANOPY ON FAST PASS (5 min 35 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2014, 07:49 AM
Not always grumpy!!
wow, she really does look nice, good work bud
Nov 14, 2014, 08:24 AM
Thread OP
Thanx inso45 this was one of my first foam conversions....so some details r a bit basic
She is .currently.grounded ....I found a hairline split in foam that leads from the retracts...as soon as I get a chance I will epoxy..
Jeff
Nov 14, 2014, 11:42 AM
Not always grumpy!!
thats a real shame , she does look fantastic, an kinda reminds me of my days flying a chipmunk just before it was finally de-commissioned.

Get that wing fixed.
Nov 16, 2014, 03:53 AM
Thread OP
I tried a.few sound effects...not quite there.yet
dynam at6 harvard scale flight with few effects (6 min 34 sec)
Nov 16, 2014, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
A few stable mates
Nov 19, 2014, 05:10 AM
Not always grumpy!!
Beautiful, that is one nice looking line up

Ive told the missus what plane i would like to get next. the Dynam Hurricane. She just looks so nice , it was a real hard decision between the spit, and the hurricane, the spit obviously won, but as per usual, the hurricane will come in second

then a mozzie

BTW, sent you a PM

tony.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomaniac45
Beautiful, that is one nice looking line up

Ive told the missus what plane i would like to get next. the Dynam Hurricane. She just looks so nice , it was a real hard decision between the spit, and the hurricane, the spit obviously won, but as per usual, the hurricane will come in second

then a mozzie

BTW, sent you a PM

tony.
That's just a few of the lineup ...there's another 16 in the hanger with 2 new addition coming next week

I thought about the hurri and chose the tempest instead...I want to holdout for an eflite hurri
u won't b dissapointed not perfect to scale but only minor surgery to correct...check out the dynam 1200 spitfire thread for my conversion and vids ...oh u allready have....I will blog them all very soon
Jeff
Nov 19, 2014, 02:44 PM
Not always grumpy!!
yes i did and i do think your conversion of the dynam is epic.

It may be either my birthday, or some point next year i get to get another, normally have to sell something to get that sort of cash. planning on selling my truck next year, so i may have a few bob left over, you never know.

But, as far as the hurri goes, i noticed the pipes were quite off sized, they look rather big. but it looks great , now i have thought of the tempest, and again, it looks great. what does it fly like compared to the spit, (as i know what that flies like )

tony.
Nov 19, 2014, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Tempest is a great bird to fly also...mine for the full scale.treatment with sequenced gear doors.... rp3 rockets ....gear rake...chin rad

I love the look of the tempest and it is a near perfect scale replica of the real thing....the spitfire is not so scale and all though resembles a spit there's a few things I just couldn't stand..ie.fuselage where it meets.the tailplane is to deep..there's no true dihedral to the model wing...rear canopy glass is to large...canopy bubble needs to b more prominent.... radiators completely wrong shape and size..

I have corrected a few parts and I like a lot more
But even with all that the spit is a true gem to fly and feels a lot more grace full and silky in the air...one of those models that just does things as u think them....tempest needs to b flown all the time with full concentration and a lot of rudder is needed to keep her flying scale....tempest although good at slow speed she will bite and stall long before the spit..and she will give no warning..

the spit beats the tempest hands down for scale flight and good feedback...gives a great feeling to fly
Dynam tempest sequenced inner gear door test (1 min 1 sec)

dynam tempest start up..taxi...flight movie (7 min 45 sec)

Dynam tempest early morning sortie (7 min 14 sec)

Dynam tempest sunset silhouette (3 min 52 sec)

Quick Reply