Phoenix-80 max power question - RC Groups
May 06, 2004, 03:27 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Question

Phoenix-80 max power question

I am setting up a Surprise 11 with an Aveox F12 for F5F. I will be using a gp3300 X 10-battery pack and probably a 15 X 15 prop. How should the timing and frequency be set to get maximum power from this set up? Are there any other settings I can tweak to get more power? Because of the minimal motor run in F5F I usually only use < 1300 ma from the packs so I donít care if I draw more current. I just want maximum possible power.

Bernie
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2004, 03:41 PM
Schumacher USA
For max power, use the highest PWM frequency, and the highest timing advance settings.

Shawn
May 10, 2004, 01:37 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Thanks Shawn. I will report on how it goes after I get a chance to test fly. This is the first CC controller in use with our Portland area F5B group. Everyone wants to see how it goes, they also want a controller to handle up to 180 amps. I, of course, wonít be pulling that many with my set up, Surprise 11, Aveox F12, 10 GP3300, 15 X 15 RFM thin prop.

Bernie
May 10, 2004, 04:09 PM
PWM frequency should not have any effect in the F5B application as it is at full throttle or off. Timing is a different matter and in most cases you should use the setting that gives the best efficiency, which for you motor would be the lowest advance. While you can get a bit more power with more advance --it has it's cost in reduced efficiency and more heat in the motor and controller. I find it better to change or adjust the prop pitch than using too much advance.

Steve