Nov 07, 2014, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap_2000
Could those photos be leaked on purpose to throw us off now that the mechanics are known because someone found the patent?

It looks like a prototype to me. The bare mechanics. I was expecting DJI to come up with something that looked better. Could it be that when it releases it will have a shell around the booms?

The photos in the teaser vid shows more profiles than I can see in in these leaked photos.

I also hope the boom structure will be rigid enough to not have unwanted vibrations.
amen to that
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2014, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier_c
another leaked photo !

lol
Nov 07, 2014, 05:55 AM
so probably no gimble on this... how will that affect the vids?
Nov 07, 2014, 07:05 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecks
Can't get much simpler than a T bar for the arms. Nice / simple / great design! Well done DJI! Looks amazing.
You also can't find a better way for that single lever to act like a crowbar on the centre of the frame/linkage system if you crash, or if the props are unbalanced and just passing the vibrations from a pair of them, combined, right to the centre of the airframe.
Nov 07, 2014, 07:08 AM
Hopefully it won't be to hard to tell front from rear when flying
Nov 07, 2014, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecks
There also looks to be a lot of kit squeezed into that canopy. A new flight controller with follow me function and maybe some avoidance sensors would totally wipe out all the new Kickstarter machines being designed at the moment.
Why would it wipe it out? Walkera has follow me and POI flying
Nov 07, 2014, 07:14 AM
INAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZedA
lol
My design is unarguably better because it's got 3 mounting points for optional ions canon, plasma beams, blasters and rocket launchers.

Nov 07, 2014, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C
My design is unarguably better because it's got 3 mounting points for optional ions canon, plasma beams, blasters and rocket launchers.

i agree..
Nov 07, 2014, 07:18 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Subscribed....but I'll wait for the Inspire 1+ with gimbal before buying

Unless they are using a BeBop style cam with built in digital stabilisation
Last edited by Five-0 FPV; Nov 07, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Nov 07, 2014, 07:18 AM
Your design is much better, the cost alone should be roughly $5
Nov 07, 2014, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus
Subscribed....but I'll wait for the Inspire 1+ with gimbal before buying
Probably no gimble for this, maybe they are aiming at a full-digital image stabilization technology, shifting camera angles fully digital and independant from the drone movements....

Nov 07, 2014, 07:31 AM
Gorilla Drone
Idk something seems weird. Tahoe Ed never talks about future products and never admits to what he knows like that lol think his account has been hacked...
Nov 07, 2014, 07:47 AM
if they are using again the SMART battery from phantom or something like it, it would be VERY stupid...
Nov 07, 2014, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by One3esco
Idk something seems weird. Tahoe Ed never talks about future products and never admits to what he knows like that lol think his account has been hacked...
Was thinking the same thing... Unless the leak is intentional ala Apple
Nov 07, 2014, 08:07 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagobaracho
if they are using again the SMART battery from phantom or something like it, it would be VERY stupid...
Why? For end users yes, for them not, they have even more profit using that lipos... But for user yes, it becames very expensive... If it uses 6S and a 3S for the phantom 2 is arround 129$ a 6S will be near 200$ for only one lipo...

Quick Reply